Hudson Global Resources

Be The First To
Add Photos

Alexis De Bretteville

Best 4 years of my Recruitment Career

Senior Manager (Former Employee)
Wellington (New Zealand)

I worked at Hudson Global Resources full-time for more than 3 years

ProsI was a Senior manager (the title would now be Director) for 4 years. During this time I earned more, learned more and had more fun than at any other time in my 14 year Recruitment career. I had an excellent Manager who gave me a great deal of freedom and the knowlege that he was there if I needed advice.

ConsIt was hard to progress. We had quite a male dominated culture and trying to break into the next level of leadership was difficult.

Advice to Senior ManagementBreak out of the old school tie and fun with the boys thing! You are an excellent company allow some fresh air in!

Lack of right leadership amidst change cost success at local office

I worked at Hudson Global Resources full-time for more than 3 years

ProsNew leadership may provide better direction than in the past. Very strong in the legal market, providing resources on demand for e-discovery, IT and finance verticals are spotty at best.

ConsOrganization was late to the game on several fronts including healthcare IT and cloud computing. New leadership closed business units that could have been successful with right approach.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore thorough evaluation before making rash decisions and change direction. Get to market quicker with new offerings to be ahead of the curve.

Too Bad

ProsGreat People with great attitudes

ConsWeak Leadership with poor management skills

Advice to Senior ManagementGet better organized with a clearer direction for long-term growth

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

If the going gets tough, the consultant stands alone

I worked at Hudson Global Resources as a contractor for less than a year

ProsAgile, responsive and fast in an effort to secure a project with its own consultant - which is what a consultant wants and needs. Also, warm, friendly and frequent contact - all for one, one for all - as efforts are made to successfully secure its contract resources for client's project.

ConsThis experience might not be representative. (I hope it isn't.) Hudson disappeared as soon project began. Hudson resurfaced somewhere around the midway point to say, literally, didn't realize you were still on that project. Then, toward the end when the going got tough (ie deadlines impacted by both the consultant & the client) Hudson was very-very present again. My sense is that Hudson automatically flipped into a sort of Bad Consultant Response Team mode. Punishing - offering client your significantly reduced (+25%) hourly rate beginning immediately. I'm always concerned when I see a professional being driven by emotion, asking very few questions, responding very emotionally to the honest answers. I thought about throwing up my hands - mea culpa, mea culpa - and walking away, but, it was such a good client. (This too shall pass became my mantra.) In hindsight, what I should've done is worked both on and off the books for the duration of the contract. And, I suppose, kept my mouth very tightly shut about that fact.

False Promises

Director (Former Employee)
New York, NY

I worked at Hudson Global Resources full-time for more than 3 years

ProsNot many experienced, but it does seem to support entrepreneurial thinking

ConsDouble talking
Lack of long-term strategy
Lack of investment in people
Decentralized organization with lack of common decision plattform
Revolving door of human resources
Focused on short term returns and not long term sustainable growth
Politically charged organization

Advice to Senior ManagementReassess direction and support long-term growth initiatives

The benefits are decent but someone just starting out would not get the benefits I have.

Software Engineer (Current Employee)
Winston-Salem, NC

I have been working at Hudson Global Resources

ProsThe benefits and payroll people are helpful.

ConsI never hear from the recruiters and sales people. I don't think they would be able to place me in another contract if the current contract runs out.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus more on providing quality people to the client and less on trying to compete on cost.

Talent Management Internship

Talent Management Contractor (Current Employee)

I have been working at Hudson Global Resources as an intern for less than a year

Pros-Enjoying working with the team and learning.
-The opportunity to experience working in Talent Management at Hudson, to see if I want to work there as a permanent employee.
-Opportunities to gain real experience in my field of Industrial and Organisation Psychology whilst completing my Masters - getting ahead.

Cons-Being a contractor, and not a full employee- just a bit annoying having to pay my own tax.
-Not having guaranteed hours - working as needed

Advice to Senior Management-This internship worked really well for me and I appreciate the opporunity

Hudson is one of very few recruitment services firms that have a global vision without loosing local focus.

Associate Director (Current Employee)

I have been working at Hudson Global Resources full-time for more than 8 years

ProsSpecialist divisions of professional consultants that work as one. The main point that makes Hudson a positive place to work is the communication between teams within region, country and internationally.

ConsHudson has had a fair amount of change within senior leadership over the years, but this has had little effect on the UK business and the vision has remained constant.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to cultivate the one global business vision, but allow for creativity and innovation within the individual business units to continue.

Fun while it lasted

Managing Consultant (Former Employee)
London, England (UK)

I worked at Hudson Global Resources full-time for more than a year

ProsFreedom to shape your own desk
Good reward scheme for Managers

ConsSystems are outdated
Internationally operating in silo's as the group is historically built on acquisition

Advice to Senior Managementinvest in people, technology and processes

Professional, consultative, going places (good craic) ........I’m going back to Auz - cant wait

Senior Consultant (Current Employee)
London, England (UK)

I have been working at Hudson Global Resources full-time for more than a year

ProsAfter several years working as a recruiter in IT, I thought I pretty much knew most things - how wrong I was.
Hudson have added layers of knowledge and expertise that I genuinely couldn’t have learned elsewhere - I now feel as though I work for the candidate and by truly understanding what they want and what the can do through Interview techniques and by using assessments tools (some mega assessment tools), selling that person to a client is so much easier. Sometimes you actually want to pitch against the competition just to show off what you can offer. For the first time in this job it actually became easy to justify my margins - average margin pre Hudson was 16% - 2.5 years at Hudson I averaged 22% and earned very nicely thank you. Now I'm heading back to Auz, it's all about the Digitial !!!!

ConsYou cant coast - I think if your looking to hide, don’t join. It took me a while to realise that you wont get away with things. In hindsight, if you're motivated and want to learn - join them - you will learn bundles. They are not CV slingers and you wont get away with just crashing it out. To be honest, not too many cons. Bit too many changes at the top, bit too much process but you get used to it.

Advice to Senior ManagementBasic salaries are very good - commission is good once you get up to speed. Look at the threshold - that said, I’ve earned more at Hudson than in any other company I worked for.

You should have hired me for Hudson Australia - you've permitted me to escape (that said, I could have asked)

Worked for Hudson Global Resources? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Hudson Global Resources reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Hudson Global Resources CEO Alexis De Bretteville . All 25 reviews posted anonymously by Hudson Global Resources employees.