Hudson Global

Be The First To
Add Photos

Hudson Global Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Manuel Marquez

Manuel Marquez

Pros:
  • "Terrific team, rewarding work and a flexible work environment"
    in 8 reviews
  • "Worked with some really good people"
    in 6 reviews
Cons:
  • "Clear set of values, but senior management often fails to "walk the talk""
    in 6 reviews
  • "Good people, but company never seems to be able to get the most from them"
    in 3 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Contract Attorney

New York, NY

ProsConsistent work. Pay comparable to others in the market

ConsAlways looking out for client first.

Contract attorney, Washington DC

Washington, DC

ProsThey put compatible teammates together, give more personal space than other agencies, treat employees a little better than other agencies

ConsSame as all contract legal jobs-uncertain duration, long hours, middling pay

Advice to Senior Managementshare information on project duration

Have participated in many reviews for this agency.

Contract Attorney (Current Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsThey have top notch office facilities and it is a good working environment. Colleagues are friendly.They send out emails for upcoming reviews regularly.

ConsWhen there are delays in a project, updates could be more frequent.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Sales and Recruiting stay away from Hudson

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsWorked with some really great, hard-working people!

ConsJust when you start to get some momentum, management changes again.

Advice to Senior ManagementFix what's broken, not what worked. You should have gotten rid of the dead weight at the top, not the worker bees at the bottom. Worst decision ever!

Excellent Work Environment

Paralegal (Former Employee)
    Washington, DC

ProsAt Hudson Legal, I truly was able to use my paralegal skills in a positive manner that mattered and were needed. Working with the staff was a pleasure and I was able to gain a new mentor in my Project Manager and Attorney, Jennifer Jackson. The work required long hours but was performed and managed so well that I knew my duties and accomplishments were important.

ConsThere are none - Hudson Legal is an outstanding legal organization that provides excellent legal services to its clients!

Advice to Senior ManagementAs you know, paralegals play a very important part to a legal team's success. You need to solicit for more work that requires a paralegal's skill set and abilities that will only enhance the attorney's work and overall team goals!

Out of touch with contractors

Coordinator (Former Employee)

ProsI had a great manager during my time there. Benefits are okay.

ConsThere was so much turn over. My team was changing constantly. Also because I was on a contract, I felt like I never knew who I was working for.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure that employees create a strong relationship with Hudson AND their contracted group.

Very professional legal staffing company with high ethical standards, provides reasonable compensation.

New York, NY

ProsHudson gets the most desirable contract positions in the legal market. They get projects that are the longest and pay the best.

ConsEveryone wants to work for them because they are known as the best legal staffing agency in NYC.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work in staying on top of the legal staffing market.

No confidence in leadership

ProsStill few pockets of decent people working here

Cons- Poor comp/benefits relative to peers
    - New leadership team has no vision, no influence, and are disengaged. They are decentralized and supposedly working from home, though there's little evidence to suggest this is true. None have Master's level or higher business credentials from reputable institutions. A few executives have an online BS or no degree at all.
    - Company is hemorrhaging cash and, instead of implementing real change, they rehash same 'tough economic conditions' narrative despite our competitors and stock market reaching all-time highs
    - Little career mobility upside

Advice to Senior ManagementSigh... management are the same people who hired our current leadership regime. My advice would be to sell before it's too late.

After almost 11 years, admit it's never going to get off the ground and move on!

Recruiter (Former Employee)

ProsMet some great people who are still friends.

ConsHudson has been a mess since day one. I was there in the beginning and suffered through 8 years of annual restructuring initiatives, countless management changes leading to almost quarterly changes in strategic direction, multiple divestitures to generate cash, and incessant rearranging of the office (a.k.a. deck chairs on the Titanic), and layoffs. I lived through a CEO who had more meetings with his side businesses than his own team and wasn't sure what businesses we were still in on some days. Another came in and didn't seem to know that Hudson was even a staffing company. Good ideas were given 2 quarters or less to take root before being abandoned leading to confusion and poor execution. It was a recruiting firm that couldn't recruit when it came to internal leadership hires. Instead of hiring top management talent, they brought in castoffs who had failed elsewhere. VP level employees who "worked" out of their homes in geographies where the company had no presence were common. It was a true honey pot for failed executives, They swooped in, made their mess, and were paid handsomely to go away. And from what I hear after almost 11 years, nothing has changed. The company is a complete failure and I cannot believe it is still hanging on.

I write this from a new perspective as a hiring manager who tried to do business with Hudson and see that absolutely nothing has changed. All smoke and mirrors and zero results. Same lame line that's they're not like all other contract staffing companies. I never saw one candidate, but heard from my 3 new representatives over a 2 months of search.

Smart recruiters and account representatives, look elsewhere!

Stay there one month, very good agency

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosvery good people, top rate.

ConsI can't think of any cons.

Worked for Hudson Global? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Hudson Global reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Hudson Global CEO Manuel Marquez. All 69 reviews posted anonymously by Hudson Global employees.