Hudson Global

Updated January 20, 2015
Updated January 20, 2015

Hudson Global Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Manuel Marquez
Manuel Marquez

Pros
  • Limited bureaucracy, some good people, (apparently) real commitment to the corporate values (in 9 reviews)

• Terrific team, rewarding work and a flexible work environment (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Clear set of values, but senior management often fails to "walk the talk" (in 7 reviews)

• Good people, but company never seems to be able to get the most from them (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Great place to work

Current Employee - Sourcing Specialist in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Sourcing Specialist in New York, NY

I have been working at Hudson Global

Pros

I feel the company really invests in their employees.

Cons

None that I can think of.

None

Clients change, but company itself is pretty consistent and good to its contract employees

I worked at Hudson Global

Pros

Benefits are the same for contract employees as for company employees (medical/dental/vision/FSA, 401(k), PTO). Work environment, in comparison to others I've been in, is relatively nice. Staff is very pleasant and tries to be as helpful with any issues as possible; the client facing staff gets to know returning contractors quickly and will always say hello and address you by name. Also knowing who you are helps them make decisions as to who to immediately go to for jobs that come in. Location in midtown Manhattan is convenient and easy to get to.

Cons

Because Hudson is an agency, contractors usually work directly with the attorneys from the law firm client. If there are any concerns contractors have about the supervising client employees are very delicate, and are almost guaranteed to be resolved in favor of the client. While I "get it" from the business point of view (few clients/many contractors), it can make you feel like you don't have a right to complain if you want to keep your job. NOTE that this is not endemic to Hudson, but true of any legal services agency in Manhattan due to the fierce competition for clients and the large number of attorneys looking for work.

Could and should be so much more

I have been working at Hudson Global full-time (more than a year)

Pros

My coworkers are amazing people to work with. We do the best we can with what we have and even without any management to guide us whatsoever, we're still making our respective accounts happy by finding them quality talent.

Cons

Senior management couldnt care less that the ship is sinking, and fast. Oh, and nicely done letting a bunch of people go right before Christmas. Lori Hock and Manolo Marquez should be ashamed of themselves.

If you don't care whether Hudson lives or dies, please do us all a favor and just leave. Let managers who truly care about growing the business step in and try to save what's left of this company.

Poor Americas leadership led to loss of great talent

I worked at Hudson Global full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Some of the people are excellent at what they do.

Cons

What started off as a top notch, growing company has slowly been driven into the ground by poor senior leadership who are merely self-serving and feeding their own egos. Lori Hock in particular lacks vision, direction, and most of all, any sort of business scruples and morals. In most offices morale is at an all time low. What had been a thriving legal business was dismantled and subsequently sold. Leaders in the RPO business are so worried about their own egos nothing productive gets done. It's a really horrible place to work. Avoid.

I have performed document review for a securities litigation.

Current Employee - Document Review Attorney in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Document Review Attorney in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Hudson Global as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

Management is very helpful and attentive to both the needs of the reviewers and the needs of their clients.

Cons

The set up of Hudson's facilities are a bit cramped. Most reviewers have to share one desk.

Company with potential

I have been working at Hudson Global

Pros

Hudson was a fun innovative place to work that gave people the ability to think and do their job outside the box. Management was friendly and approachable

Cons

Changes in leadership have left the team without guidance and at best answers that are misleading

Be honest and think about your employees and your responsibilities. Your policies and your integrity reflect on who you are as a person.

It's a job..

I worked at Hudson Global

Pros

Not incredibly difficult. Get to work with variety of clients. Learn RPO business.

Cons

Not challenging. Favoritism ran rapid. Leadership unapproachable.

Open your doors. Engage your teams. You have a ton of talent working for you. Utilize them!

Great place to work.

Former Employee - Document Review Attorney in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Document Review Attorney in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Hudson Global as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

Working in a non-micromanaged environment with convenient access from 7th St. Metro station or street parking just over the 110 if you prefer to drive and park for free.

Cons

Great recruiter everyone interviewed with left office for position in another company so one has had to deal with out-of-town recruiters that may or may not have stopped by office to introduce in person.

Local recruiter in same office who knows everyone brings the best people in.

Very flexible work schedule

I worked at Hudson Global

Pros

Steady income for long term assignments

Cons

Low hourly wage. Quality of peers varied greatly from project to project.

Great, Talented People -- Clueless Senior Leaders That Need to Go

I have been working at Hudson Global

Pros

There are a lot of very smart, hard-working people here who are genuinely nice and eager to help.

Cons

Morale is in the basement. We keep losing money, but nobody seems to know why. The recent proxy battle was very expensive and largely fought to protect the senior leadership team's jobs. They all need to go. They make a ton of money the lot of them, but have no vision or strategy for the organization. No one is steering the boat, and the boat is sinking.

Please, do us all a favor and resign.