Hudson Global Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
3.2
Stephen Nolan

Pros
  • Worked with some really good people (in 9 reviews)

• Met some great people who are still friends (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Allowed good people to walk out (in 4 reviews)

• no one is held accountable for lack of performance (in 4 reviews)

1. Contract Attorney Review

Former Employee - Contract Attorney in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Contract Attorney in New York, NY

Pros

Great work environment, friendly and accommodating, comfortable work spaces, decent pay.

Cons

Not enough temporary projects offered/ project durations are usually short.

Advice to Management

You have a good relation with your contract attorneys, keep it up.

2. Decent workplace

Pros

Diverse and global workforce; Decent culture

Cons

Salary and Benefits are not upto par to the market

3. Hudson Employee

Pros

The only benefit of this job is benefits and vacation time.

Cons

Could have been a great company if they would have hired people that wanted the business to grow.

5. Great company

Former Employee - Account Manager in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Raleigh, NC

Pros

In a very competitive IT staffing, Hudson's vision of offering a consultative engagement with their clients was a breath of fresh air. Great leadership, solid tenure from the Recruiting and Account Management Teams, and a professional way of qualifying candidates made this a fun company to work for.

Cons

Not enough direct support from corporate

6. Reasonable document review company.

Pros

Flexibility, diversity of projects, and the office environment. The office where I worked was a very pleasant place to be on a day to day basis.

Cons

The normal cons that one would associate with document review. Projects can frequently end with little to no notice, and benefits are few and far between.

7. Great place to work

Current Employee - Sourcing Specialist in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Sourcing Specialist in New York, NY

Pros

I feel the company really invests in their employees.

Cons

None that I can think of.

Advice to Management

None

Went from OK company to abhorrent in 7 years I worked there

Former Employee - Mid-Level Manager
    Former Employee - Mid-Level Manager

I worked at Hudson Global full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Very talented team of recruiters, sales & project managers. Whatever Hudson Legal did wrong, they did a great job of attracting good people.

Cons

Leadership couldn't decide what they wanted company to be when (if) it grew up. Some key players left out of frustration and opened up their own small shop, which became quite successful. Meanwhile, Hudson Legal morphed from a traditional staffing & recruiting company to what they billed themselves as, an "eDiscovery company," but they offered no technical products. This greatly confused clients & potential clients, and probably some employees, too.

Advice to Management

It's too late to share advice. Hudson Legal was sold to DTI in late 2014.

Could and should be so much more

I have been working at Hudson Global full-time (More than a year)

Pros

My coworkers are amazing people to work with. We do the best we can with what we have and even without any management to guide us whatsoever, we're still making our respective accounts happy by finding them quality talent.

Cons

Senior management couldnt care less that the ship is sinking, and fast. Oh, and nicely done letting a bunch of people go right before Christmas. Lori Hock and Manolo Marquez should be ashamed of themselves.

Advice to Management

If you don't care whether Hudson lives or dies, please do us all a favor and just leave. Let managers who truly care about growing the business step in and try to save what's left of this company.

Clients change, but company itself is pretty consistent and good to its contract employees

Pros

Benefits are the same for contract employees as for company employees (medical/dental/vision/FSA, 401(k), PTO). Work environment, in comparison to others I've been in, is relatively nice. Staff is very pleasant and tries to be as helpful with any issues as possible; the client facing staff gets to know returning contractors quickly and will always say hello and address you by name. Also knowing who you are helps them make decisions as to who to immediately go to for jobs that come in. Location in midtown Manhattan is convenient and easy to get to.

Cons

Because Hudson is an agency, contractors usually work directly with the attorneys from the law firm client. If there are any concerns contractors have about the supervising client employees are very delicate, and are almost guaranteed to be resolved in favor of the client. While I "get it" from the business point of view (few clients/many contractors), it can make you feel like you don't have a right to complain if you want to keep your job. NOTE that this is not endemic to Hudson, but true of any legal services agency in Manhattan due to the fierce competition for clients and the large number of attorneys looking for work.

Poor Americas leadership led to loss of great talent

I worked at Hudson Global full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Some of the people are excellent at what they do.

Cons

What started off as a top notch, growing company has slowly been driven into the ground by poor senior leadership who are merely self-serving and feeding their own egos. Lori Hock in particular lacks vision, direction, and most of all, any sort of business scruples and morals. In most offices morale is at an all time low. What had been a thriving legal business was dismantled and subsequently sold. Leaders in the RPO business are so worried about their own egos nothing productive gets done. It's a really horrible place to work. Avoid.

RSS Feed </> Embed