Hudson Global Reviews

• Full-time
  • Part-time
Employment Status

Reset

1. The benefits are decent but someone just starting out would not get the benefits I have.

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Winston-Salem, NC
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Winston-Salem, NC

I have been working at Hudson Global

Pros

The benefits and payroll people are helpful.

Cons

I never hear from the recruiters and sales people. I don't think they would be able to place me in another contract if the current contract runs out.

Advice to Management

Focus more on providing quality people to the client and less on trying to compete on cost.

2. Nothing more than a sheep in the herd

Current Employee - Attorney - Document Review in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Attorney - Document Review in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Hudson Global

Pros

Flexibility with jobs - As work comes along they will contact you regarding opportunities; the longer you work for them, the better the jobs are (duration)

Cons

Recruiters are not attorneys and typically are rude and indifferent to you unless they need you - abuse positions of power by blacklisting people

Advice to Management

Recruiters post over and over for the same jobs and get no response because of how they treat people - A little kindness and respect goes a long way - There are MANY intelligent and capable attorneys out there doing document review.

3. Best place to work in terms of temporary document review

Former Employee - Contract Attorney in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Contract Attorney in Chicago, IL

I worked at Hudson Global

Pros

Pay rate is higher than other agencies Hudson has more work/projects than other places Projects last longer than other agencies

Cons

Sometimes it's confusing how they select candidates for projects There's no sink in the kitchen, which is annoying if you want to bring lunch

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work overall, and keep in mind that contract attorneys are people too! Don't treat them like first graders!

5. Fantastic

Current Employee - Vice President/Director in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Vice President/Director in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Hudson Global

Pros

Entrepreneurial environment, open communication, commitment to continuos imprvement

Cons

ivest in opportunity vs. fixing problem areas - making progress

6. Awful company

Former Employee - Account Executive
    Former Employee - Account Executive

I worked at Hudson Global

Pros

None this company is awful

Cons

very unprofessional company that is clueless

Advice to Management

need a new direction

Hudson Global Resources

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Hudson Global

Pros

There was a flexible work environment and the people were really friendly. There was autonomy given to accomplish your tasks.

Cons

I think the company as a whole lacks any ability at all to compete with other staffing companies in the area.

Advice to Management

I would advise them to get a consultant from other successful staffing companies and completely change their model to one that could be successful.

very brief

Former Employee - Engagement Manager in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Engagement Manager in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Hudson Global

Pros

Flexible schedules and administrative staff were excellent

Cons

Capacity planning and marketing needed to be improved to support the market they are in. Seem likes the resources are not there to get new clients.

Advice to Management

Improve visablity and work to gain new clients

9. Good company to work for

Former Employee - Recruiter in Century City, CA
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Century City, CA

I worked at Hudson Global

Pros

The training program when I worked there was excellent. Good communications from Corporate. The branch I was in had a good work environment in a great location. The company provided great perks, such as snacks and refreshments in the breakroom. If you surpassed your goals, you could win a a paid vacation in an exotic place yearly. The yearly kickoff meetings were great and you really felt pride and teamship. There were more paid holidays with that company than any other company. I got to run my desk my way and did not have to meet weekly or monthly quotas.

Cons

I really had no real downside complaints of working for the company.

Advice to Management

More recognition and feedback to employees.

Consulting

Former Employee - Attorney in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Attorney in Washington, DC

I worked at Hudson Global

Pros

Hudson Highland Group provides a relatively nice work environment for electronic document review projects. The staff of the Hudson legal team is easy to work with, and the compensation is competitive. Most projects offer some overtime. In addition, the company is large enough that it usually has many projects running at the same time, so there are many opportunites keep working. Overall, Hudson Highland Group is a good place to work if you are looking for a temporary consulting job performing electronic document review.

Cons

Hudson Highland Group doesn't always give much notice at the end of a project. However, sometimes this is beyond the company's control.

Advice to Management

Consultant's should be given consistent opportunities to work weekend hours. Consultant's are fully capable of working unsupervised during weekend hours.

11. Typical DC agency, seems to have steady work.

Former Employee - Contract Attorney in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Contract Attorney in Washington, DC

I worked at Hudson Global

Pros

A nationally recognized staffing agency so there are ample opportunities for consistent work in many cities across the US. Hudson tends to get the most projects in the Washington, DC area and there is a lot of competition in that market. The pay rates seem to be pretty competitive with the rest of the contractor staffing agencies.

Cons

The work site for contractors is awful, too many people crowded into one room, dirty kitchen, not enough supplies. No personal internet access. Many complaints regarding leadership and truthfulness when it comes to staffing projects.

Advice to Management

Improve the facilities where contractors work.

RSS Feed </> Embed