Hudson Group

Updated Jul 12, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Joseph (Joe) DiDomizio

Working here was a fun job.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsIt was fun. I enjoyed it.

ConsNot much chances to move up in the company unless you move to a new city.

Good Company to work for

ProsThe company gives you lots of opportunity to grow. It's very sales driven and you have the ability to make a difference ........................you meet great people.

ConsThe hours are long and you work very hard.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep listening to your people for new ideas ..........................it's good to trust your people.

Hudson News at BWI-Thufgood Marshall Airport

Sales Associate (Former Employee) Linthicum, MD

Prosregular work, good hours, job security

Consmanagers are to locate, will in the store alone on busy days

Advice to Senior Managementbe more open to employees and thier requests

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Manager

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood Benefit and career advancement is very wide open

Conssometimes work 6 days and always working even at home

Electrical Mechanical Maintenance

ProsYou will learn about yourself & how of a self thaught man are you. No training, just learn from your own mistakes.

Consno trainning, & no growth opportunity

A decent place; unexceptional.

Sales Associate (Former Employee)

ProsThere were great middle managers at the company - I felt like my immediate superiors knew what they were talking about and were empathetic to my needs as well as the customers'.

ConsThe overall person running the company didn't seem to entirely have his act together - he's been replaced, from what I've heard. Other than that and a focus on sales I didn't see any problems.

A decent job if you're just starting in the workforce,

Sales Supervisor (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsDecent pay, promote within. Some managers are understanding

ConsWork can be hectic with somedays not taking a break. This company do not support their employes if you have other priorities, such as school which is not good. Employee handbook should be viewed by management because they do not follow it, when it comes to associates benefits

Advice to Senior ManagementEngaged more with your employees instead of acting as if we don't exist to you. your associates are the face to your company, acknowledge us because without us generating sales and increasing cash flow- there wouldn't be a Hudson Group

Sales associates

Sales Associate (Former Employee) Jamaica, NY

ProsGreat Pay
    You get to see celebrities, you working in a airport so is great

ConsManagers are horrible, some of the people they hired is half retared
    some managers are very unprofessional

Amazing company with tons of potential

Senior Executive (Former Employee) East Rutherford, NJ

ProsTravel, challenges, a good place for employees that live to work and have no life outside of what they do for a living.

ConsFinger pointing by senior execs. If something goes wrong, they attribute it to someone who had nothing to do with the problem to get the heat off themselves. Diversionary tactics to make them look like they are being proactive in protecting the company against lone individuals who are actually following the rules and have the company's best interest at heart. President is surrounded by ego maniacs who are more concerned with covering their collective asses than improving and protecting the organization. There are a few outstanding top execs. However a few rotten apples have been stinking up the place for a very long time.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a long hard look at those around you, and regardless of personal relationships, clean your house for your future and the future growth of the company. Those that have done harm time and time again are not a good reflection on your ability to select top management. Hold close to the senior executives and managers that would bleed Hudson blue for you and who have worked their hearts out for you. Don't be so easily influenced by the folks closest to you as all many of them are concerned with is riding your coat tails wherever you take them. Weed out the overblown egos, while their numbers might look good, someone who actually cares about the company could produce a better bottom line and employees from the top down would be much happier working for your organization. Get rid of divisions, and function as one group. Note the "challenges and opportunities "you attributed to former employees continue today, and in future, get to the root before deciding to cast people out. Everyone that surrounds you should be as passionate and as committed as you are and should be equally as outstanding.

After Swiss Dufry bought Hudson Group company become prospective for everybody who want to have an international career

Operations (Current Employee) Jf Kennedy Ap, NY

ProsHuge sales turnover force you to be highly efficient and gives you amazing work experience (if you are young employee and willing to climb up the ladder).

ConsStill "manually" run operation with overpaid mid-management who is mostly on high School education level. Their limited management possibility slow up the whole development process and create high volume employee turnover which is HR nightmsre. Only great store performance, caused mostly with superb travel retail store positioning on the airports, and not existing real competition on US market, keep whole company going.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart to hire professional and experience people and pay them upon same pre-defined pay grades and results and not upon personal relationship with upper management to move to next, more corporate level of organization.

Worked for Hudson Group? Contribute to the Community!