Hudson Group Reviews

Former Employee

Current Employee - Specialty Retail Associate in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Specialty Retail Associate in Houston, TX

I have been working at Hudson Group full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great Benifits
    Easy Job
    Great Co workers
    Good Hours

Cons

Messy General Management
    Lies about hours
    Bad communication with management
    Unclear directions most of the time

Try hiring general managers who will help solve issues and not keep the mess going! Also need to not be so secretive about the pay between employees and dont lie to new hires about the hours they will get and not follow through with it.

Word to people wanting to work here beware of favoritism. I worked for a new specialty store inside Bush IAH through this company. Long story short hours went from full time to very part time within first 2 weeks of us being in business! Also employees were allowed to do certain things and still have their job. It was not fair to the HARDWORKING employees that were there. General Manager played favorites and she helped keep up most of the drama. SMH thats why I left other than that I had some great co workers and met some good people so my advice is get in and get out DO NOT TALK ABOUT YOUR PERSONAL LIFE WITH MANAGEMENT UNLESS YOU WANT ALL EMPLOYEES TO KNOW.

2. Would never recommend

Former Employee - Supervisor in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Supervisor in Houston, TX

I worked at Hudson Group part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Fellow employees and even customers would always make the work day a bit easier. Pay wasn't the worst but it also could've been better.

Cons

Upper management. As a outside hire for supervisor, several of our managers seemed to have it out for me just on the basis of someone that would kiss up to them didn't get promoted and I got the job instead.

Treat your employees like human beings.

Disappointing to say the least ; Highly UNETHICAL company... MGMT has none of the values that Domizio says to have....

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Hudson Group full-time (more than a year)

Pros

had gratifying customer service memories. Great and respectable international customers all around.

easy to do job if you are great with customer service.

Cons

no real growth advancement opportunities. no recognition at all from management if you're doing a great job.

pay is BAD; Management and HR are very dishonest.

You have to initiate into a union .. it is a thing they DO not tell you . benefits are given after 6 months..

managers are NOT professional .. degrading employees.

do not LIE to your employees; they will find out how wrong you did them. Illogical to have dissatisfied employees.

make incentives in order to promote a higher degree of employee satisfaction

hire managers that are reputable to where they actually LEAD a team.

5. Bullies and Misogynist

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in East Rutherford, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in East Rutherford, NJ

I have been working at Hudson Group full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Peers are fun to work with. Many employees work for the company for many years.

Cons

Executives don't have a clue. They are bullies, communication is at 3rd grade level, they lie constantly, contradict themselves and policy, no strategic plan, and they lack education and professional development. In addition, there are almost no women at the VP level. No opportunity for promotions unless you're a man.

Fire 90% of the top executive team. Apply all of the information that is taught at the annual conference to leadership practices, and if VP's violate, take action. Treat your employees with respect ALL of the time, not just for show. All employees should get first dibs on job openings. There should be ongoing department training and an employee pipeline program for promotions.

6. Disgusting Culture and Values

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jf Kennedy Ap, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jf Kennedy Ap, NY

I worked at Hudson Group full-time (less than a year)

Pros

if you have no life or family youll have tons of hours to keep you busy

Cons

having to be scared about your job security with made up rules and tyrant managers in power. Everyday you have to work in fear because of people with insecurities they have about themselves taking it out on you can if your not white or Indian there is no place for you in this company at JFK

Be more humane you are just a number as well

Disgusting

I worked at Hudson Group full-time (less than a year)

Pros

There are no pros to working here.

Cons

In JFK terminal 4 The general manager and assistant general managers and the a holes who work in the office are the most disgusting, unprofessional and sickening people I have ever met in my life. Not one of them tells you anything to your face, they play both sides and talk about you behind your back like a bunch of school children, then have the balls to ask for favors. No one communicates anything in this place and its the most unorganized s--- show that I have ever seen.

Jump off a bridge

Awful

I worked at Hudson Group full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Its a little bit better than being attacked by a shark or struck by lightning.

Cons

Working 80 hours and getting paid for 40. Hired as a manager but doing all the work of the stock guys. Nothing is computerized, its like working in the 50's. Company is too cheap to hire enough people, so you're stuck doing all the work by yourself. The supervisors in the stores are uneducated and can barely read or write. the warehouses are tiny little offices so it feels claustrophobic. The stock guys in the warehouse are all criminals. So, if you like being taken advantage of and working like an indentured servant, then this is the place for you.

get your head out of your ass

9. This company is cheap beyond words!!

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Newark, NJ
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Newark, NJ

I have been working at Hudson Group full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Some of the people working there are very nice and pleasant to work

Cons

Then you have the management team, whom are lazy and don't care about the workers but are more focus on making money.

Stop taking coffee breaks and sitting on your behind the whole day and do some work!

10. A good job if you just want to come to work, put it your time, and go home.

I have been working at Hudson Group

Pros

Enjoyable to engage with customers who appreciate good service.

Cons

Support by regional and corporate management is abysmal. There is no culture unless 'cya' is considered culture. There are great people at the store levels that are consistently ignored and overlooked.

Say hi to your associates when you enter a store. Please watch Undercover Boss again and pay attention.

11. This is a good company its just the people that work for this company that make people not wanna work for it..

Current Employee - Cashier in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Cashier in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Hudson Group

Pros

It's a good and easy place to work at good pay

Cons

Their always changing things the rules every other week we had memo attached to our check stubs it's all ways something at this place or maybe just the one in Las Vegas

The upper management needs to ack like management and not act stupid because they make all this money