Human Arc

Updated Feb 27, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Michael J. Baird

Horrible, low pay, favoritism, empty promises, don't uphold company values

Best Benefits (Current Employee)

I have been working at Human Arc full-time for more than a year

ProsFlexible schedules, casual dress code

ConsI currently work for this company but can not wait till I get a new job! Raises are about 2 percent if you are lucky annually, pay is very low, management does not listen and are very immature or hire other family members or significant others for management jobs...awkward! The work that is done is not as good as it can be- very unorganzied, horrible training, and company says they make a difference but only cares about getting paid on accounts and not the Quality of the work being done. Also many broken promises-Little room for advancement- Do not recommend this company!

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees-We are the ones doing the work and you don't value our opinions. Quit hiring family memebrs or significant others in the same department.

Hard working group and dedication pays off!

I have been working at Human Arc full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGreat team to work with. People are invested in their work. Personal development opportunities are available to those that seek them out. Improved communication has made a huge difference. I like the building and the location as well. Hard work and dedication pays off, but (just like any other place) you really do need to put yourself out there and give it your best.

ConsThe health insurance could be better.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing; the internal communications improvements are great.

Awesome Place to Work!!!!

I have been working at Human Arc full-time for more than 8 years

ProsHuman Arc is a growing company and it is filled with opportunties! The amount of time and money invested in my development has been great. I started off in an entry level position and I am now a manager in the organization. The people here are fantastic and the company focuses on impacting lives and making a difference

ConsI can't think of anything- I really have been pretty happy here!

Advice to Senior ManagementNone at this time

Could have loved it

Account Representative (Former Employee)
Cleveland, OH

I worked at Human Arc full-time for more than a year

ProsThe *people*: employees are usually great, hard-working individuals with a strong want to do good in their community. They really want to "make a difference".

Leadership: Executives seem really nice and want the best for their employees.

Community focus, mission.

Vacation: After first year, vacation time is generous!

They put a lot of work into the office and it's a nice building, open, light, and inviting.

ConsLow-level leadership (direct managers): Favoritism, dishonesty, and unsupportive. No team spirit because favorites don't pull their weight. Those promoted aren't always the most qualified, experienced, or deserving one.

Executives try hard to make/keep it a Great Place to Work, but without the support of managers, it won't change.

Employees struggle to deliver quality because of workload. No sense of accomplishment or success.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou have really tried hard to invest in your employees and its appreciated, but your managers end up un-doing the changes you tried to make. If you want to make real change, start with them.

This is a company that will never get pass "office politics" hence will struggle to gain the prestige they seek.

I worked at Human Arc full-time for more than 10 years

ProsIdeal for college kids seeking their first time experience. Great first job to have.

ConsThe company has a biased "consultant" in the role of HR Director. The advice provided to executives is usually subjective, executives do not take the time to investigate discrepancies and complaints from direct reports. Usually take feedback from managers at face value. Several complaints of fear of employees went unanswered.

Advice to Senior ManagementLive up to your "values" with no "Catch 22"upper management should consider saving company money and hire a true HR professional. The advise given by this individual is biased and there is clearly a conflict of interest since this individual has her own "consulting" company. Upper management should consider investigating complaints from employees and not let managers "soften" the information as "disgruntled employees". Furthermore, the company should consider reviewing the salaries of hourly employees who average at $11 to 12 an hour for work that is comparable to social work and pressured sales people. Thankfully my salary is 2 times the previous amount at Human Arc, and as a salaried employee I can't imagine someone getting payed so miserably. The GOOD NEWS Human Arc, things can be turned around and Human Arc could be an attractive company for anyone seeking to work. Or if the owner decides to sell the company it would be much more attractive for buyers.

Okay at first after finally getting in, then horrible from pressure!

HCAP Customer Care Representative (Former Employee)

ProsAverage starting pay
Decent benefits package and length of time before they start
Okay hours
Human Resource and trainers are nice
Good feedback initially

ConsHard to get into...lots of hoops to jump through
Supervisors get in your face too much if you aren't getting enough applications
Old building
Need to pay for parking and it's not even exactly downtown all the way

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you see someone is doing the best they can do, let them be...don't push them so hard unless you want them to quit

One of the best places to work.

I have been working at Human Arc

ProsHuman Arc invested heavily into the work environment of it's employees in 2011. Most upper management is truly concerned with the health and well being of their associates.

ConsI wish there was a better medical package.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to support and develop your associates. Human Arc has some of the most caring and compassionate people I know. Take care of them.

Great Work

I worked at Human Arc

ProsIt was in the city, so that was nice.
There was always a lot of praise given to them employees.
Top senior management was great.

ConsDidn't enjoy the type of work
Wasn't the greatest inside atmosphere

Advice to Senior ManagementWalk in with a smile

Style over substance

I worked at Human Arc

ProsGood clients, great people to work with, good work mission

ConsPoor benefits, no empowerment, frequent temper tantrums, high degree of politics and favorite family members. Style over substance.

Advice to Senior ManagementWalk the talk- treat employees decently- be open to new ideas

Would not recommend

Software Developer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Human Arc

ProsGood team and people to work with. After 1st year vacation is for 4 weeks which is good. There is not much work pressure.

ConsSalary package is really low. Benefits are mediocre. Very low bonus and 401K match.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop taking advantage of bad economy and reward the employees for their efforts. It seems like management doesn't know how much the IT people are worth or they are just cheap.

Worked for Human Arc? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Human Arc reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Human Arc CEO Michael J. Baird. All 22 reviews posted anonymously by Human Arc employees.