Human Arc Reviews

35 reviews filtered by
2.6
Michael J. Baird

1. Caring company

I have been working at Human Arc (more than 5 years)

Pros

Human Arc cares about its associates, its clients and most importantly the patients, members and communities it serves.

Cons

Annual reviews only allow for raises that are at or below the cost of living increase.

2. Apply here only if you and your family are starving. This place is awful.

Current Employee - Account Representative II in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Account Representative II in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Human Arc full-time

Pros

My coworkers are the only things keeping me from beating myself in the face with my phone everyday. They're super helpful and love chatting/having a good time. The friends and lax dress code policy are the only things going for HA. Also we dont take any work home which is good.

Cons

The building is dingy, it’s pretty much a call center thrown into a warehouse
    You make the company millions but your pay is embarrassing
    No commission, your team will usually get nothing or something pathetic for hitting goals
    You might get recognized on their recognition website or in a team email just so you can forget about how bad theyre paying you
    Supervisors/TLs (team leaders) take a lot of days off and vacation days with very little notice. Big egos and very sneaky.
    No accountability from TLs/supervisors when they are wrong
    They call you out on the smallest stuff just to remind you "who's boss.” They prefer to expose mistakes instead of highlight strengths
    Dishonest employees fly under the radar
    Great work is not rewarded
    If you’re a good employee, expect to pick up others' slack. Many of the people they hire are legitimately slow
    No opportunities for advancement

HA has a huge turnover rate. Not surprised.

Listen to your employees and pay and respect them more. Too many things wrong with this company. Get some major help asap before it tanks. We are not happy here ever.

3. IT

Former Employee - Software Developer II in Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Software Developer II in Cleveland, OH

I worked at Human Arc full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

It was just a job. A steeping stone to get out there and know what you don't want for a career.

Cons

Upper Management doesn't have a clue what the area managers do. and they have too many chief and not enough Indians. they have a lot of bullying that happens there too! don't speak up about because you will let go for speaking up

practice what you preach! really pay attention to what the employees are being ask to do multiple job's and then let go because they can't keep up

5. Ok if this is your first job out of college. If you chose to work here , don't work in Best Benefits service line.

Former Employee - Disability Specialist in Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Disability Specialist in Cleveland, OH

I worked at Human Arc full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good amount of PTO. Work with young people. Relaxed dress code

Cons

Human resources dept a joke. Mgmt doesn't listen to input and concerns. Overworked and bad pay. Company lost so many good people die to this and uethicall practices as well as unattainable monthly "goals". This is not a commission based job. It's houtly.

Listen to what your people are telling you. We are the ones doing the. work. We are more than just an excel spreadsheet data. actually ask what's going on. And when we have a question Or advice , don't just write it down and say you will get answer later.

6. One of the best places to work

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

I worked at Human Arc full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The office environment is pleasant and my coworkers were the best people to have on your team. There is plenty of work and the team leaders are very supportive. The company is very generous with PTO/ Vacation Days.

Cons

Team leaders are involved in a lot of meetings and it gives them less time to spend with their team members.

7. Family atmosphere and good intentions

Current Employee - Account Representative I in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Account Representative I in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Human Arc full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Very family oriented atmosphere, and most of the people here are very nice to work with. I love what we do for our members and it makes me feel good to help others. A new service line manager was hired who genuinely want's to make things better, but higher authority doesn't support him...

Cons

Horrible pay, and no chance for upward mobility within the company as there are limited positions. There are people in lead positions who ask associates for help because they don't know how to do the job. Many things are demanded from employees, and everyone is expected to go above and beyond with little to no recognition and NO COMPENSATION. They briefly implemented an award set to recognize the top performers in the company, and it was awarded to an associate here for three months with a third of the account load that veteran associates have. It was a farce and left a horrible taste in the mouths of many people here, especially those who dedicate themselves daily to trying to go above and beyond the call of duty for their members even though they have over 1200 accounts to handle, phones ringing that MUST be answered, projects to complete, numbers and metrics to meet... it took my motivation away to be honest with you. Leadership seems to have no clue what customer service really means... they don't even grade calls, and people who perform horribly are still sitting in their seats and getting recognized, while those who do the best they can by our members are spread thin picking up everyone else's slack. One of the metrics here is to keep your members up to date by seven days... well the whole department was forced to do a clean up that meant those who actually were on point were forced to put their own work aside and catch the reps up who came in and shopped online all day. Not happy at all, not motivated.... Plus, the café here is HORRIBLE to eat a good lunch you have to leave work, and they charge filet mignon prices for bologna quality food. You have to pay to park your car to come to work in their PRIVATE lots, and there is no chance of ever seeing over fourteen dollars an hour regardless of your experience. You have to be here for ten plus years I guess, and I refuse to wait that long. Looking for a job elsewhere.

Learn how to run a call center, or at least the role you're managing. Recognize people for their efforts. Stop leaving your applause cards to collect dust and actually pass them out.

8. No room for advancement, terrible pay and benefits

I have been working at Human Arc full-time

Pros

Generally warm leadership
    Decent time off

Cons

No opportunities for advancement, especially for anyone outside of Cleveland where the home office is.
    Terrible group health plans and low pay
    Lack of positive company culture
    Inexperienced middle management

Listen to your employees. Their needs are valid.
    Don't make promises regarding advancement that you can't keep.

9. Terrible Leadership

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

I worked at Human Arc full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Vacation Days are great you get a month off after your first year
    Relaxed Work Environment

Cons

Everything else.
    People are too relaxed
    Senior Management doesn't understand how terrible it is Or maybe they do and are good at pretending like everything is fine.

HIre hard working people who want to make a difference. Leadership also doesn't like innovation or new challenges

10. It's a good career starter, but no room for mobility.

I have been working at Human Arc full-time

Pros

People are nice and the work they do makes a difference.

Cons

Benefits aren't the best. Employee morale is low. There is not enough support from the higher-ups.

Needs to listen to their teams needs. Better compensation packages would be nice.

11. Nice environment, high pressure, high volume call center.

Former Employee - Account Representative I in Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Account Representative I in Cleveland, OH

I worked at Human Arc full-time (less than a year)

Pros

They really do care for their employees, They only hire the best. 1 hour for lunch. Minimal Pay for volunteer work on the weekends, and evenings.

Cons

No breaks during the shift. You can get up and get coffee, or visit the bathroom, but time off the phones counts against you.

Institute 2, 15 minute breaks during the day.