Human Movement Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
3.8
Jeff Suffolk

Amazing and full of excitment internship!

Current Intern - Volunteer Coordinator Intern in Louisville, CO
    Current Intern - Volunteer Coordinator Intern in Louisville, CO

I have been working at Human Movement as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

HMM isn't just any ordinary company, the HMM family is a one of a kind family. The hard working, fun-filled, teamwork that goes on is beyond amazing. My first day at work I felt very welcomed by everyone in the office. Through-out my internship I have learned everything I was expecting to and more, having the chance to travel a couple times simply topped it off. Also, dogs all over the office which make the environment at HMM the best!

Cons

After staring at this box for 5 minutes, I could not think of a single negative comment about HMM.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing, you have built an amazing team and will continue to succeed in the future.

2. Hmmmm..... Seems fishy indeed.

Former Intern - Marketing Intern in Louisville, CO
    Former Intern - Marketing Intern in Louisville, CO

I worked at Human Movement as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Dogs in the office as everyone else says. Also I really enjoyed Louisville while I worked there. Awesome little town. Fun people who know how to party.

Cons

Please stop discrediting any negative review on here with false accusations of not being an employee. I understand that there are others out there that would be deceitful but I know for a fact some (not all) of those reviews are honest opinions based on experiences at HMM. Not everyone is willing to lie to discredit others........... These posts exist to inform others honestly about your company. I previously worked there and I really do not appreciate my post being played off as an impostor. Please if you have other reasons people might be posting while not having been employed it might be worth explaining why they feel the need to post negatively, instead of playing off all negative opinions (honest or not) with a blanket excuse. If you want bad reviews to stop, then actually be a better company. Starting with integrity and transparency. Stop wasting your time combating the symptoms and focus on why these reviews keep showing up. Invest more time and money into your interns and other employees. They are your most valuable asset and best brand ambassadors. Or just post a comment on this one saying it was someone who does not belong on here. I just thought everyone that spends time researching you guys should have a fair shot. Instead of getting to see only what you want them to see. Good luck Jeff and team. I really had/have high hopes for you guys, but every time I check in I become more and more skeptical. I cannot preach it enough. Integrity is what this company needs.

Advice to Management

Stop soliciting young adults in college looking to build a resume with internships only to use them as cheap labor and run them into the ground. Its hard enough trying to find a career path with out being used. Again this is just my own experience as an employee there at HMM. So this is only my personal opinion. I know others that love the place. Like Zulu, miss that dog!

Jul 20, 2015 – President

Hello Again! Thanks for visiting our GlassDoor page...again... We're in violent agreement that no company is perfect and we wouldn't try to defend that. However, we unfortunately have a group of ... More

Excelsior

Current Intern - Operations in Louisville, CO
    Current Intern - Operations in Louisville, CO

I have been working at Human Movement as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

I believe that in life God spends a little extra time on certain people and it just so happens that he has assembled all those amazing people under one roof at Human movement. Never have I seen such distinct character all brought under one roof, working together to put on amazing events. They are the true definition of "work hard, play hard" and put on the most amazing events you'll ever experience. You'll never know what it takes to truly put on an awesome event until you see behind the curtain and the hard work people put in. Not only do they put in the work but they have a fun time doing it, it is truly one of the best places to work in the world. Nothing beats seeing all the happy participants on race day, knowing human movement took pride in making it an amazing event day memory. Its a job that involves travel, thinking on your feet, adapting to situations, and having a great time doing it. Its the dream job

Cons

I strike a blank when I think of cons.....if you're not into fun, energetic, hard-working, laid back, positive family vibe, with dogs... you'll probably dislike it.

Advice to Management

They are the uniquest company I've ever been a part of, you can try to replicate this model but it'll never be the same. This company is one of a kind and only going up from here.

Young thinking group that works and plays hard

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at Human Movement as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Upper management is open and welcomes new ideas and ways of creating/problem solving/working together. All folks I've worked with are passionate and while we all enjoy having fun everyone knows when it is time to get down to business. The team is responsive and helpful- folks you can count on, even if it isn't quite in their job description they will assist you. I've never worked for a company that is as respectful of my time and it's a definite pro. Management empowers and trusts their people to make the right calls.

Cons

Events require rolling with the punches, flexibility and sometimes odd hours (outside of 9-5). If that isn't part of your MO, then maybe HMM isn't the best fit for you, but maybe you should reconsider a career in events too.

Advice to Management

Thank you for listening to our ideas! Keep it up!

Marketing Intern

Current Intern - Marketing Intern
    Current Intern - Marketing Intern

I have been working at Human Movement as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Human Movement is a fantastic company with a great group of people working under one roof. They know how to work hard, educate, and get down. This place is awesome

Cons

Sometimes I really wish I was working in a cubicle in uncomfortable shoes. And sometimes the dogs shed on me or bark at me and I get angry for a second, but then I remember I'm at work and there is a dog that I get to pet.

7. Avoid at all costs. The other reviews were required in the first week of new hires.

I worked at Human Movement

Pros

Dogs are allowed, located in Louisville, CO. You will end up seeing the absolute worst side of an industry which is in its own way can be modestly enlightening.

Cons

It is all lies/all smoke and mirrors. You are set up to fail from the beginning. The ceo has a reputation in the event industry as an untrustworthy character and you realize why after a few weeks of broken promises and outright lies. They take advantage of people and are highly unethical. The lawsuits they face are nearly constant from the vast number of people and commercial entities they have screwed over now. Your employment contract is not worth the paper its printed on. Even the DA in several states are investigating them. The ceo will come off as incredibly kind and trustworthy upon the first few weeks of meeting him and his family(his wife runs hr there), he will even seem genuinely in need of your help and grateful. It's all an act to use you and as soon as you realize it you are shunned and kicked to the door while still being owed thousands, sometimes tens of thousands of dollars. Several former coworkers had a very similar experience. There are always a new crop of twenty something interns(almost always female) with lots energy who are sold on the idea of working on fun events like The Color Run or Dirty Girl(both of which he has claimed he owned and never did). The ceo, Jeff Suffolk, will actually advise "employees" to be paid significantly less under the table and collect unemployment. I have never seen a more dramatic, caustic and tumultuous work environment. Don't believe the pretty facade of this fun looking company, behind the veil is a truly awful experience you should be very grateful for never experiencing. How Jeff Suffolk is not already in jail is nothing short of a miracle and a shortcoming of the legal system as he continually screws over the charities involved with his Oktoberfest and other events while defrauding the tax payer by not paying the sales tax on the alcohol sold during the six day event. Avoid this company at all costs and under all circumstances, the list of people that will not work him grows by the day. This is the only job I leave off my resume...

Advice to Management

Stop hurting people.

May 6, 2015 – President

Hmmm...this sounds a little suspicious and not from an employee. Feel free to call us or email info@humanmovement.me if you have any questions. Or swing by our office, 1111 South Street ... More

Worst company I have ever worked for...by far.

I worked at Human Movement

Pros

There are dogs in the office...There are dogs in the office.

Cons

Poor management, they lie to your face, avoid conflict by ignoring difficult situations, they use every employee's money and credit to get by with expenses, then they take months and sometimes years to pay you back. They loose money on most campaigns they get involved in, they have poor organization, poor employee benefits, poor leadership. Vast majority of employees were dissatisfied at the time they received a 17th place vote in Outside Magazine for "Best Places to Work." Nothing but smoke and mirrors...

Advice to Management

Get a clue, stop lying to people, and stay out of Park County in Colorado. Just watch the Youtube video for Save McArthur Gulch. Google Citizens to Save McArthur Gulch and you will see a video that shows just how unprofessional the CEO is. Smoke and mirrors...

Feb 24, 2015 – President

Hmmm...this seems a little fishy! We don't have any employees from Park County but we know a few people up there (wink, wink). Thanks for taking the time to write on our page! Come up to visit us ... More

Company with an amazing vision

I have been working at Human Movement full-time

Pros

It is a great work environment...If you love to travel, have everyday be different and challenging, and if you're able to really see where it's headed!! Very generous about getting 'you' time, but if something hits the fan--you need to be ready to jump in! A very friendly/ family oriented atmosphere, with passionate creative people!!

Cons

I think the cons are very similar to most smaller/ start up companies, with growing pains...But, again, if you really see where it's going, it's worth those pains!

Event Coordinator

Current Employee - Event Coordinator in Louisville, CO
    Current Employee - Event Coordinator in Louisville, CO

I have been working at Human Movement full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The job itself-- it's so fun to create fun events! It's way better than sitting and doing accounting spreadsheets in a cubicle. The people--it's truly like it is portrayed on their website....like a family. The environment-- super laid back (dogs in the office, casual dress...)

Cons

Sometimes we run out of coffee in the break room?? Yup...there really aren't too many cons...

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! We love working for you and love being part of the growth!

11. We actually do make your weekends fn awesome!

Current Employee - Sales in Louisville, CO
    Current Employee - Sales in Louisville, CO

I have been working at Human Movement full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is hands down the most energetic, fun and rewarding company I have ever worked for. The events we produce are top notch and being able to provide really fun events for folks all over the nation is pretty cool. In the last two years I have been able to expand my skill set tremendously. Working at HMM gives you the ability to expand your skill set in the office at your desk as well as out in the field at an event. The people that work here are AMAZING. We have a very strong team and truly enjoy learning from each other and working together. If you are lucky enough to work at HMM you are lucky enough!

Cons

As some have mentioned the travel can be a bit taxing at times. However, it is pretty cool to have all of your expenses paid and see most of the major cities across the country! I think HMM could improve at

Advice to Management

I think it would be really cool to do more team activities outside of work. We all work together a ton and spend time together on the road but I think it would be nice to do team building activities in our home town. What about an HMM softball team or something?! Now we just have to find a day where we are all in town!!

RSS Feed </> Embed