Humana

www.humana.com

Humana Reviews in Atlanta, GA

Humana President and CEO Bruce D. Broussard

Bruce D. Broussard

Pros
  • work from home opportunities and can grow from within when others leave(in 41 reviews)

• many fantastic internal opportunities for current employees; enjoy the work-life balance(in 35 reviews)

Cons
  • Sad that a health insurance company does not take car of its own employees(in 40 reviews)

• Work/life balance can be a little hard to maintain(in 17 reviews)

8 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Progressive company. Team atmosphere. Invest much training in employees.

Account Executive (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsGreat leadership, vision. All work closely as team

ConsPerhaps few too many weekly meetings which were beneficial but also out you behind on other job responsibilities.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up good job!

Great Company but they tend to hire horrible Directors and Vice Presidents.

Large Group and Ancillary Contractor (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsGreat 401K Plan. They pay well.

ConsHorrible, Horrible Directors and VP's. Terrible Employee Health Plan

Advice to Senior ManagementStop playing favorites. Stop hiring your friends! stop talking about your employees to your favorite employees.

Job was not what I was told it would be. No apologies.

Sales Executive (Current Employee) Roswell, GA

ProsCompany is committed to the communities it serves. Excellent 401k match. Competitive salary.

ConsHumana is very clicky and leadership encourages back stabbing and infighting, especially in the small market sales. There is virtually no training or support for new hires. The sales space, the sales goals and the earnings opportunity (all 3) were NOT what was discussed in the interview process. The small market sales department is not an environment for seasoned, tenured professionals. The average associate has been in the workforce about 7 years. It is a very immature environment (throwing food across cubes, loud profanity spoken across cubes, offsite meetings with a lot of alcohol consumption, associates putting other associates on the silent treatment, gossiping, associates excluding others from lunch invites). This is not a traditional outside sales role - you are expected to be in the office 8 -5. It is not unusual for you to be questioned about your comings and goings. The leader literally hangs over your cube and asks you what you sold today - everyday. This was very punative to me as a sales professional with 20 + years of experience. Working mothers have to lie about where they are so they can go to a child's school event. Working from home is very frowned upon. Also, there was not one month that they got my commission check correct. There are a lot of internal meetings. (Def 9 am on Mondays and 8 am on Fridays). One week, I was in 12 scheduled meetings. As an outside sales professional, this kept me from being as productive as possible. In a nutshell, it is a lot of micromanagement, little worklife balance, antiquated IT and commission system, toxic, immature associates, no training, poor benefits and a leader that leads through intimidation and sarcasam.

Advice to Senior ManagementHumana is still run like it is 1995. Micromanagement, Lack of work/life balance and leaders that bully and intimidate. Those Disney Institute trainings need to be revisited.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Company that doesn't know what it wants to be when it grows up.

Sales Executive (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

Prosflexibility and autonomy, reasonably aggressive underwriting position

Consthink they know everything and don't listen to their sales people

Advice to Senior Managementlook for ways to engage your sales talent into more of the process

OK Company as long as your not a remote employee

Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsWork from home, flexible time, 25+ PTO

ConsManagement has their favorites, remote employees are treated like out cast at times. Very difficult to get a raise.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the concerns of ALL staff. Do not pick favorites or you will lose very good workers.

Humana Management

Manager (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsFair to subscribers. Virtual workforce in many areas

ConsMinimal to no opportunities for advancement.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed more diversity

It was ok

Quality Assurance Specialist (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsTuition reimbursement, benefits, location, flexibility, pay

ConsOvertime, elevators, parking, food prices, management

Advice to Senior ManagementRecruite more within

My Louisville experience was wonderful, in Atlanta it is a mess.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Dunwoody, GA

ProsThe staff are great to work with. Leadership lacks answers to question and direction for success.

ConsLeadership is horrible. They have poor communication skills. They set goals for staff and don't provide direction on how to reach them. It is a very tense working environment and the turn over is high as a result. No respect is shown to staff.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat staff with more respect. They determine the success of the region.

Worked for Humana? Contribute to the Community!