Humana

Humana Reviews in Kentucky

Updated Jul 19, 2014

Humana President and CEO Bruce D. Broussard

Bruce D. Broussard

Pros
  • work from home opportunities and can grow from within when others leave(in 41 reviews)

• many fantastic internal opportunities for current employees; enjoy the work-life balance(in 35 reviews)

Cons
  • Sad that a health insurance company does not take car of its own employees(in 40 reviews)

• Work/life balance can be a little hard to maintain(in 17 reviews)

235 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Sr.Informatica Developer

Informatica Developer (Current Employee) Louisville, KY

ProsThe best company in the world

ConsThe best company in the world

Advice to Senior ManagementThe best company in the world

One of the areas better employers in my opinion.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Louisville, KY

ProsA wide variety of positions with varying workloads, work/life situations, and responsibilities. Transfers from role to role are accepted by management as growth opportunities. The company has good leadership at the top level. Humana is well positioned in the market at this time to flexible with the changing industry.

ConsHumana is trying very hard to pull all the pieces of the company into the future. There are inevitable challenges with technology compatibility, and personnel during fast paced change that some departments will handle better than others.

Great work-life balance!

Business Analyst (Current Employee) Louisville, KY

ProsGreat company that understand your need for a good work-life balance.

ConsSometimes corporate politics slow down innovation.

Advice to Senior ManagementRead The Lean Startup and empower teams through horizontal management structures.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Awesome company to work for

Business Consultant (Current Employee) Louisville, KY

ProsThe employees are friendly. The pay is also very competitive. You will make friends at Humana. My supervisor is very friendly and very intelligent.

ConsYou will have to work hard to do well. They don't like slackers. That being said, if you work hard, you will be rewarded.

Great company, wrong group.

Project Manager (Former Employee) Louisville, KY

ProsBenefits and compensation are okay. Opportunity to meet and work with a lot of talented and intelligent people. Promotion of Wellness program

ConsIf you're in the right group, it can be great. If not, you'll see levels of incompetence and lack of support all around you.

Advice to Senior ManagementEvaluate mid-senior level managers on their adherence to core values.

Nice Place to Work

IT Project Manager (Current Employee) Louisville, KY

ProsFlexibility, Good Salary, Lot of Growth potential for the company and employees, Work at home for many positions. Lot of opportunities to expose your self.

ConsNo proper Organization Structure, Communication gaps between departments within IT. Lot of middle management.

Advice to Senior ManagementRoles and Responsibilities of a position are not clearly defined. Too many responsibilities for employees.

Being Fortune 100 does not make a good employer.

Commercial (Current Employee) Louisville, KY

ProsThis Company offers a good salary and the option to work from home and/or a flex schedule, to most employees.

ConsThis company has diminished its ability and/or desire to see beyond the financial bottom line...pushing inventory no matter the outcome, errors, or dissatisfied clients. As a result, the atmosphere, employee commitment and overall focus to provide quality service and a product that is accurate and beneficial across the board, is virtually non-existent...on any level.

Advice to Senior ManagementHonesty is the best policy. Listen to your seasoned employees and utilize the knowledge they have gained and developed...your employees are no longer vested beyond their paychecks.

Nice facilities and good opportunities to learn, but too many delegators and not enough workers.

Applications Consultant (Current Employee) Louisville, KY

ProsPay, 401k match, flexible work from home, flexible for time off

ConsImmature IT processes, never worked so many unplanned weekend days, insurance coverage is weak, IT teams choose there own SDLC (agile, waterfall, hybrid). There is a ceiling for technical workers - must either move into management or architect position. Too many meetings.

Advice to Senior ManagementSDLC needs to be standardized across company and enforced. First level IT management needs to be closer to the work with fewer layers between. Emphasis on team building amongst associates within and across teams.

Great Company

Consultant (Current Employee) Louisville, KY

ProsI feel like the corporate Humana really believes in their mission. The CEO and top leadership are very involved in the company and are working to make changes. The company has a great 401K plan and very flexible on work at home and when you need time off. The company is really forward thinking and trying hard to be thought leader in wellness.

ConsThe mission translates down to the individual departments, but each department is in their own world and do not know what the other teams do. For new hires, there is very little department training (a lot of Humana training) and they just throw you in to begin on your own, but your manager and team mates are so busy with their own work, they don't have time to help much. The dream of Humana does not translate fully to individual teams. There is a lot of individual responsibility where each team member works on their own issues while on the same team, others are doing something completely different.

Advice to Senior ManagementBreak down the silos so each team is involved in the total picture and not just their small area.

My experience has been excellent

Specialist (Current Employee) Louisville, KY

ProsThere is room to move up

Consa lot of people applying for the same positions

Advice to Senior Managementnone

Worked for Humana? Contribute to the Community!