Humana Reviews

1,166 Employee Reviews

1. Market Points Sales Representative

Former Employee - MarketPoint Career Agent in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - MarketPoint Career Agent in Orlando, FL

I worked at Humana full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

PCRA 401k, salary + benefits. You own your own franchise and have to manage your time effectively but taught me a lot about being a better sales agent. Company really takes care of their employees.

Cons

There were a lot of politics in our office and the management team has a lot of control over your ultimate success or failure long term.

Advice to Management

Less control and more support to those that need it in terms of time. To many arbitrary actions and decisions made that directly affect the handwork an agent puts in.

2. Provider Payment Integrity

I have been working at Humana full-time

Pros

Great benefits such as: flexible hours, paid time off, medical/dental/vision to name a few. Good work enviroment and leadership is very receptive. Also, a lot of opportunities for advancement.

Cons

Pay could be better. Also, would like more communication from leadership about the company and it's direction.

Advice to Management

Continue to be open to your employees communication and keep all employees in the loop about company developments.

3. Great Place

Current Employee - Analyst in Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Analyst in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Humana full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Easy to move around once your foot is in the door

Cons

Pay is poor when compared to other companies in the city

Advice to Management

Encourage more substantial pay raises within a job instead of needing to move to a different role to get a raise.

5. Coordiantor

Current Employee - Administrative Services Coordinator in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Administrative Services Coordinator in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Humana full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

They are very much into health and well-being and helping their associates get healthier.

Cons

It's difficult to move up to another position.

6. Overall great place to work!

I have been working at Humana full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Day-to-day work enviroment is wonderful. Passionate, well-trained people, long-term strategic goals and short-term achievable objectives, and great benefits both inside and outside the work environment.

Cons

The pending merger is a little worrisome - that's the main reason for less than five stars. Most people are just assuming that we will all be out of a job this time next year, but people keep showing up and doing great work in the time they have left, which speaks well of the culture of the company.

Advice to Management

Let us know if there are ways to improve our chances of making it through the upcoming transition!

7. not a bad company

Current Employee - Consultant
    Current Employee - Consultant

I have been working at Humana full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

a lot of opportunities to learn, good corporate culture and an interesting job overall. company is merging with Aetna so maybe better perspective

Cons

company is merging with Aetna so maybe better perspective for who stays. not sure how that will happen

Advice to Management

company is merging with Aetna so management will change. hopefully the new management will keep the good culture.

8. Great place to work (pending merger)

Current Employee - Compensation Consultant in Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Compensation Consultant in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Humana full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

- Plenty of internal opportunities for growth/advancement - Good work/life balance - Tele-commute options depending on which department you're in

Cons

- Uncertainty as to which jobs will be available due to merger/acquisition by Aetna - Medical insurance isn't the best

9. Great place to work

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Louisville, KY
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in Louisville, KY

I worked at Humana (More than 10 years)

Pros

I loved working at Humana in the Individual Insurance formerly called HumanaOne. The reasons? The very forward-thinking IT staff. The software used was state of the art, configured with input from the team that had to use it. I have not found anything comparable. Benefits were good.

Cons

The hours spent working were definitely long. Not compensated for them, either. Pay was below the average, and opportunity to move forward depended on which corporate group you were aligned to, as did the ability to get a raise. The group I worked with were out for their own interests, and would throw others under the bus to gain management favor.

Advice to Management

Don't believe everything your staff tells you. Don't believe what managers say about individuals on the team. Don't play favorites..

Great Company

Current Employee - Work Content Specialist in Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Work Content Specialist in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Humana full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great salary even without a college education, opportunities to advance, good benefits, accumulated PTO, paid tuition, work from home opportunities.

Cons

There are no downsides, I've been lucky to have had good leadership with the positionsame I've had.

11. Customer Care Leadership needs a facelift

Current Employee - Customer Care Specialist in Chandler, AZ
    Current Employee - Customer Care Specialist in Chandler, AZ

I have been working at Humana full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Surrounding yourself with the right people, on the job training outside the classroom and perks for being healthy is awesome working here. Recognition helps employees feel confident.

Cons

Leadership can improve with employee engagement. Better pay structure for workers who are dedicated. Value your top performers by increasing pay instead of giving blanket statements of when a pay raise may become available.

Advice to Management

Management needs to be proactive especially in the customer care department. Way too many leaders abusing their power and not engaging with associates causing a poor retention in associates.

Showing 1,166 of 1,204 reviews