Humana

7 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Excellent Experience

Specialist (Current Employee)
    San Juan, PR

ProsGood salary and excellent benefits.The administrative team and partners are the best asset.

ConsBetter communication in some departments or areas

Not bad but not good

Director (Former Employee)
    San Juan, PR

ProsGood infrastructure, good Corporate support, good work/life balance

ConsIf you are not Corporate or workin FL, then prepare to suffer...

Advice to Senior ManagementThe PR Market boasts that he is a "redneck" and certainly carries himself like that. This is a Fortune 100 company that looks to the other side, very sad!

Great environment with growth potential

Front Line Leader (Current Employee)
    San Juan, PR

ProsThe invest in you, engagement is a big part of how they deal with decisions.

ConsSalary equality can be overwhelmingly hard to obtain.

Advice to Senior ManagementRevise what you are doing for the Puerto Rico market. There's a huge opportunity waiting for someone to really lead them to success.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Looking for change and appreciating what I had

San Juan, PR

ProsGreat values, great benefits for employees, very structured but organized

ConsSadly, all the greatness is not reflected in markets outside of US. Unorganized and unprofessional in many situations

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider having more communication with Regional Leaders; so in turn they can cascade more information to their team. It's always better to be clear with business goals.

A great company to work for!

Applications Engineer (Current Employee)

ProsGreat benefits
    Great work environment
    Great co-workers
    Work schedule flexibility
    The company has a lot of programs to encourage employees for well being

ConsMarketing of Commercial and Medicare LOB on Puerto Rico could be more aggressive.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen more to employees and always be open to new ideas. The meetings should be a two way communication.

I had a great time working for Humana

Underwriting Technician (Former Employee)
    San Juan, PR

ProsExceptional benefits for the employees. This is a place were you are constantly challenged (in a good way). You are challenged to use all your skills and intelligence. There are so many benefits for the employees like several options of health insurance packages that you can choose from, wellness program benefits, plenty of days of paid vacations, sick days (they pay you a bonus if you don't use your sick days), personal days. There are several social activities during the year as well. They are always finding ways of improving their technology, so you aren't using old computers or applications. There are huge opportunities for advancement in this company. They will even reimburse for your education costs if you meet certain requirements. They have plenty of training going on throughout the year. Additionally they have conferences and trainings that are non-work-related, just for the benefit of the employee's like out of work. This is a great company to work in.

ConsI don't have anything bad to say about this company. Of course in every job, there are always things that happen the you don't agree with, but in my experience with Humana, they were small situations and they were not a constant every day thing.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing. Your human capital culture is great as well as your customer service.

Great

Manager (Former Employee)
    San Juan, PR

ProsInnovative, listens to associates and opinons. Good pay.

Consdownsizing did not get rid of correct people, better balance of job and family

Worked for Humana? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Humana reviews and ratings in San Juan, PR — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Humana CEO Bruce D. Broussard. All 7 reviews posted anonymously by Humana employees.