Humble ISD

Updated Jul 8, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Good place to work

ProsAble to work and treated like a professional

ConsSo much movement between people and positions

Humble ISD is rewarding and hectic at the same time.

Teacher Aid (Current Employee) Humble, TX

ProsI get to see many different teaching styles.
    I work with people from all walks of life.

ConsStudent discipline is severely lacking.

Advice to Senior ManagementSupport the teachers and follow through with discipline that works.

Great place to be a teacher

Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) Kingwood, TX

ProsI worked for Humble ISD as a substitute teacher, it allowed me to learn how I worked with a group of students, what my favorite ages were to work. Great way to gain experience before you dive in for a teacher certificate. Every school I taught had amazing professionals who were passionate and dedicated to the students.

ConsSometimes the computer system was cumbersome to deal with. I would look for positions and it would not load properly so when I went to accept an assignment I could not.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good atmosphere for someone who is looking to keep busy not necessarily make money

Registrar (Former Employee) Humble, TX

ProsAtmosphere is family friendly and there is paid vacation and sick days

ConsPay is not commiserate to the work load that is expected of this position.

Think carefully before accepting a position

Special Education Teacher (Current Employee) Humble, TX

ProsI found the majority of the students at Humble ISD to be very nice.

ConsPoor pay
    Poor benefits
    No room for advancement
    The district is in major debt

Advice to Senior ManagementBe honest about your financial situation before you hire people
    All employees should be treated with respect

Humble ISD Teaching

Classroom Teacher (Former Employee) Humble, TX

ProsThere are opportunities to help students

ConsTeachers are not appreciated or paid well enough

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to take care of your teachers so they stay happy

Humble ISD: Not Humble About Our Students Or Employees:)

Librarian (Current Employee) Humble, TX

ProsOur superintendent is knowledgeable about best practices in schools and management. He is actively involved in state legislative issues that impact our district. He is genuinely concerned about student and employee success and satisfaction. Humble ISD is a family atmosphere, with caring people in every department. Our school board is also well-informed of best practices, legislative issues, and employee satisfaction. Clear goals are set, reviewed, and built upon. Our students come from caring homes and excel in the workplace or college. Also, our community supports us and frequently digs deep into their pockets to fund bond elections, not because of financial mismanagement or waste at the district level, but because the state's funding for public schools is inequitable and stifling.

ConsLack of revenue received from the state. Texans approved lotteries several years ago, under the guise of profits going to public education. Instead, it has been put into the "general fund" and I have not seen any of it funneled into education.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the course!

Growing Pains

Teacher, Administrator (Former Employee)

ProsOverall, Humble ISD is a very good school district. There are many quality educators and caring parents who want what is best for the children in our communities.

ConsThe population has increased and demographics have changed at astounding rates over the past twenty years. Administrators at all levels rarely dedicate adequate time to the important issues they must address because they are overloaded with meetings that accomplish nothing and emails that are a waste of time. Teachers have so much paperwork to do that they don't have the time to prepare effective engaging lessons or to do the one-on-one/small-group tutoring after hours that would truly bring struggling students up to speed.

Advice to Senior ManagementAdvise adults to address each other directly in a respectful manner in an attempt to resolve their issues rather than expecting you to intervene unless it is absolutely necessary in YOUR opinion. Parents and teachers need to learn to work together with the student's best interest in mind. Faculty members need to learn to work together as professionals, not tattling on one another like juveniles. Above all, live by a code of integrity, and leave workplace politics behind regardless of the cost.

Terrible for my first year in the district.

Prosschools are close to home

Consfirst year in the district and I will not have my contract renewed due to budget cuts despite my 5 years teaching experience
    have met friendlier staff in the past
    staff development is of little priority
    pay is terrible compared to other districts

Humble Teachers

ProsYou are off weekends, You have the same vacation as your children, and your off around the same time as your children.

ConsThe benefits are not the best. In fact very expensive.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter benefits will decrease the high turnover.

Worked for Humble ISD? Contribute to the Community!