Hunterdon Healthcare

Updated May 5, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Robert P. Wise

Wonderful staff, all patients compliment services consistently.

Diet Clerk (Former Employee) Flemington, NJ

ProsThe environment that surrounds you feels like a family. Everyone is so caring and giving, and management is always trying to make your job as meaningful as possible.

ConsI really enjoyed my employment here.

This hospital is in a time warp! Female employees are treated unfairly.

Anonymous - Technical/Professional (Non-Nurse) (Former Employee) Flemington, NJ

ProsThere are some good perks with employee pension plan and auto insurance discounts

ConsGender specific inequality
    Health insurance premiums and deductibles are very high
    Very much a hierarchy. Employees in lower level employment areas are not taken seriously in regards to work conditions or complaints.

Advice to Senior ManagementStep into the next century. Offer the same opportunities and levels of communication to your female staff as you do to male employees. There should be a zero sexual harassment policy. The complaints should be handled by an outside entity instead of the strongly politically influenced HR department

Liked my boss/coworkers.Fun Job.Pay and Benefits Should be Better.

Therapist (Former Employee) Flemington, NJ

ProsI really enjoyed my job and my coworkers! My direct supervisor was a pretty good boss. Enjoyed working in 3 different environments.

ConsLow pay, insurance benefits, small raises, office space, computers, lack of advancement.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide opportunities for advancement, increase pay (after all this is a high cost of living area), better insurance.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

5+ full time years HBH

ProsLove working with all aspects of HBH, In patient, Out patient, Addictions, Acute, Psych. All staff are entergenic and devoted to the welfare of eacj client

ConsOverworked, stressed and not enough hours in the day...... no over time ever offered.Pay on a snails pace to advancement.

Advice to Senior ManagementBudgets are tight we ALL KNOW! Yet if you want the "overall" to run smoothly, we all need more time,

Friendly people - no room for advancing

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Flemington, NJ

ProsFriendly individuals
    Reliable
    Good pay
    Good Hospital

ConsFavorite oriented - if you are not a favorite of senior management then do not expect to advance in your career

Advice to Senior ManagementDo not play the favorite game

Great Flexibility, Poor Compensation.

Anonymous - Technical/Professional (Non-Nurse) (Current Employee) Flemington, NJ

ProsFlexibility. They are very flexible with the hours you work, if you need to come in late, leave earlier or take time off.

ConsPoor compensation and benefits. The health plans were just revised and they are extremely poor.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop comparing compensation to South Jersey hospitals and to Hospitals that are actually in our area. The cost of living in this part of the state is significantly higher than the areas of which you currently base salaries off of.

Good

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFriendly staff and co-workers. Good benefits and facility. Overall pleasant experience.

ConsMany on-call hours. Some patients can be demanding.

Could be so much better...

ProsMostly flexible with work-family balance.

ConsSalary and benefits compensation is sub par.
    Equipment is old and not state of the art.
    Many physicians who practice here are sub par in skills, knowledge, and bedside manner.

Advice to Senior ManagementExamine your management team very carefully. Many in supervisory positions are not knowledgeable about their field but have their supervisors and upper management fooled into believing that they are experts.
    Examine your contracts with specialty doctors; the system as it exists now limits competition and allows poor quality practitioners to dominate.

Worked for Hunterdon Healthcare? Contribute to the Community!