Huntington National Bank

Be The First To
Add Photos

Huntington National Bank Chairman, President, and CEO Steve Steinour

Steve Steinour

Pros:
  • "Management was very personable, everyone was a team player, good benefits and perks"
    in 8 reviews
  • "Great Benefits, 401k plan, nice monthly bonus"
    in 7 reviews
Cons:
  • "Long Hours, Heavy on Sales Results, Pressure to Perform"
    in 14 reviews
  • "Some disconnect between company vision of employees and upper management"
    in 11 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

A good broad experience.

Senior Business Analyst (Current Employee)
    Columbus, OH

ProsThere are ample opportunities for personal growth. Compensation is relatively competitive in certain areas.

ConsPaid time off is lagging behind from past employers. The intention for promotions seemed to be right on mark but the follow through of actually putting the promotion through seemed to be lagging. The work being completed seemed to be 2-3 years ahead of the title/compensation.

Goals before customers

Personal Banker (Current Employee)

ProsCompetitive pay the bank closes at 5pm M-Th

ConsCan not retain top talent employees quit managers not companies. A lot of the Cincinnati area branch managers are not good communicators. Hitting your monthly goal is put before the customer

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicating and being a leader will help retain a lot of top talent

I would go back

Human Resources Coordinator (Current Employee)

ProsEverything. The co workers, the customers

ConsPaying for downtown parking. Other than that nothing.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Not a bad company!

ProsHours, management, great benefits and PTO

ConsSenior Management doesn't always feel like you matter. Training could be more in debt.

It all depends on the management

Personal Banker (Current Employee)

ProsCoworkers, 401k, time off allowances

ConsManagement, expectations, changing sales goals to a point where you can't reach them, 10 cent raises if you are lucky, terrible medical benefits and cost, always fearful of getting written up.

Advice to Senior ManagementInspect what you expect, look over the compensation and ask yourselves "can our loyal, talented employees survive on this?" Concern yourself with the everyday struggles and anxieties that the middle and lower management causes the little people.

Losing the culture, quickly turning into Chase.

Banker (Current Employee)

ProsBenefits are amazing. 401k, great health benefits, great cause Paletonia

ConsEvery time you turn around they are asking for donations, they place less emphasis on the customer and more on numbers, managers are stretched so thin that promises are always broken. Short staffing is causing call volume to spike out of control.

Advice to Senior ManagementWe are turning into chase and that is NOT our culture. Value your employees, stop making excuses and set an expectation for customer behavior when they call in. We have been taking a beating lately

Great place to work

ProsGreat people to work with. Good work life balance.

ConsProvide more career training opportunity.

Great People, Great Direction

Manager (Former Employee)
    Columbus, OH

ProsThe people in all departments from Treasury to IT are very passionate on what they do, Professional and will bend over backwards to mentor or help when needed!

ConsAll banking industries are "Pressure Cookers" because the nature of the business. Life balance between work and home is sometimes hard to do.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease remember the great talent you have is not "Dime a Dozen". Many Colleagues are dedicated a loyal to HNB and that is very rare nowadays.

Great Place to Bank, Terrible Place to Work

Branch Manager (Current Employee)
    Grand Rapids, MI

ProsFlexibility of schedule and always extra hours to pick up

ConsManagement treats you like less than a person. Not given tools to complete job to Huntington standards.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop treating your people like objects and tools that do not even deserve the basic freedoms and liberties, we are real people too! Stop micro-managing and trust the employees you hired. Lead by example and demonstrate you can get the job done first before pawning it off on others. There exists a belief that middle management cant get the job done (those who can't - teach) and the front lines want to see them do it. Also, if everyone in the entire west michigan region (Meijer branches) is on an 30 notice to improve or terminated, maybe we need to look at the leaders.

Good company but a lot of changes in pay and benefits, little career opportunity if not at home office.

ProsVery competitive products a leader in most services. The starting pay is competitive for the position.

ConsBecoming very high pressure is sales, raising sales goals and lowering commission for reaching those goals. A lot of recent turnover due to these changes.

Advice to Senior ManagementYour becoming more "big bank" in how the employees are treated, changes need to be made to keep good employees

Worked for Huntington National Bank? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Huntington National Bank reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Huntington National Bank CEO Steve Steinour. All 195 reviews posted anonymously by Huntington National Bank employees.