Huntington National Bank Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
Huntington National Bank Chairman, President, and CEO Steve Steinour
Steve Steinour

Pros
  • Great time off, Management is flexible with other work/life balance as well (in 10 reviews)

• work-life balance was very good; great benefits (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • Your work/life balance is awful (in 11 reviews)

• Long hours on my feet, sometimes management at different branches not real helpful (in 15 reviews)

1. Personal Banker

Current Employee - Personal Banker in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Personal Banker in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Huntington National Bank (Less than a year)

Pros

easy job, low pressure, great place for the customer

Cons

open until 8 pm inside Giant Eagle, training sucks

2. Call Center Customer Service Supervisor

Former Employee - Call Center Customer Service Supervisor in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Call Center Customer Service Supervisor in Columbus, OH

I worked at Huntington National Bank full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Full time work. Overtime near the holidays (only).

Cons

Entire customer service area of this company cares absolutely nothing about its employees, other departments actually have and show some appreciation. People that apply themselves typically are kept in their current position. Many people promoted are not qualified for the position they had been in, let alone the one they were lifted into. Feels like a more stressful more clique-y high school where everyone can be and is excluded from one area or other at all times. Company looks for ways to change policy, procedure, products to best benefit the company while reducing monetary incentive and or bonus/merit promo opportunities for the ones doing the job. First tier service reps make more money than their superiors due to sales. Core values are only on paper, have rarely seen it in action.

Advice to Management

Make sure you care if your people have the tools they need to be successful. Train them.

3. Great Company

Current Employee - Business Client Manager in Richmond, KY
    Current Employee - Business Client Manager in Richmond, KY

I have been working at Huntington National Bank (More than a year)

Pros

Great company to work for. Huntington Bank is always looking for ways to improve for both their customers and their colleagues. Fellow employees work together to make an enjoyable workplace.

Cons

No cons to working at Huntington Bank. I would love to continue to work for them, however, my family is being relocated for my husbands job.

Advice to Management

No advice, management does a great job. Colleagues are surveyed yearly to see ways to improve the company as a whole.

5. Mediocre

Former Employee - Personal Banker in Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Personal Banker in Cleveland, OH

I worked at Huntington National Bank (Less than a year)

Pros

Great pay and benefits after 30 days

Cons

No work like balance, long hours

Advice to Management

Appreciate good employees for a job well done stop promoting people who aren't ready for management

6. Not for me

I worked at Huntington National Bank full-time

Pros

Clear initiatives on work expectations

Cons

Outrageous sales expectations, diminished training opportunities

7. Business Banker Specialist

Current Employee - Business Banking in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Business Banking in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Huntington National Bank full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great work environment, great communication among staff. Colleagues refer business and work together collectively and offer solutions to clients to Taylor their needs.

Cons

Branch and Manager competition can be a little frustrating. Must figure out a happy medium to insure clients are getting in the right partners hands.

Advice to Management

Don't change a thing

8. Personal banker

Current Employee - Personal Banker in Warren, MI
    Current Employee - Personal Banker in Warren, MI

I have been working at Huntington National Bank full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great benefits. I like the upper management they are involved and keep us updated and informed. Pay is decent. Pto is great. I get 4 weeks paid pto, when and if my boss lets me. Huntington really does care about their customers.

Cons

Current employees make less when promoted then new hires from other banks. No overtime. Branch managers do not have to click in, which leads to taking advantage of being able to leave when they want. My current branch manager does not like me to take my earned vacations. I have been with the company for over 6 years and earned my time. This is not the whole company that does this. I believe it's only my direct boss. I feel uncomfortable when putting in my time off because he always gets frustrated or annoyed. I give him enough time in advance and still acts this way.

Advice to Management

When promoting within, offer fair pay rate. Non Huntington employees that come from other banks get hired in with a higher salary most of the time. Take care of your own.

customer Service

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Groveport, OH
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Groveport, OH

I worked at Huntington National Bank full-time (More than a year)

Pros

great benefits, Can move up in the company, good pay

Cons

wanted every department to sell

Manager

Former Employee - Vice President in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Vice President in Columbus, OH

I worked at Huntington National Bank full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

"THE" Huntington is a bank that has a long history with the community, those who work there are proud of that relationship and do work hard to support it.

Cons

HNB is, and always will be, the little brother to Chase. The management at the company strive to break free and show that they are big-boys too, but at the end they can't help but to just copy what others have been doing. The company sells itself as a service organization, which they are, but the level of service that they care about varies with the quarterly results - when those don't fare well, service is out the window. They expect teams to operate on very limited budgets, very little overtime, and expect Supervisors to often pick up the tab for events for their staff. In the end, for all of their effort, they might get $25 gift cards for Christmas.

Advice to Management

HNB is in crowded markets, up against larger players, and they lack a niche that differentiates them from the competition. As a result their stock, markets, and management style is stagnant. The entire organization needs to find focus and then trust those working there to execute, until then, enjoy mediocrity.

11. Teller Sr

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

I have been working at Huntington National Bank part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good values, seem to care about employee welfare, and they promote good moral standing. Decent company to work for, but individual branch employees may be tough to work with.

Cons

Individuals here are self centered and enjoy piling on others to take the focus off of themselves. Many incompetent workers who are shockingly allowed to continue working here.

Advice to Management

Keep better track of employees and make them accountable. There is too much of passing of the responsibilities to lower levels of employees.

RSS Feed </> Embed