Huntington National Bank Reviews

• Part-time
Employment Status

Reset

1. teller

Pros

fun people to work with

Cons

tellers receive the lowest pay

2. Company is organized, puts the customer first, and focuses on excellent customer service.

Former Employee - Teller in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Teller in Columbus, OH

I worked at Huntington National Bank full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I appreciated the vast opportunities to move up in the company, and valued the focus on team building within our branch in order to better assist our customers and make them feel valued.

Cons

When working for a bank there is always the pressure of sales. Unfortunately, sales was not for me. Although I was a teller, I still felt the pressure to mention products and try to gain more customers for our employees in sales/commission-based positions.

3. What an AWESOME company to work for!

Current Employee - Branch Teller Supervisor in Findlay, OH
    Current Employee - Branch Teller Supervisor in Findlay, OH

I have been working at Huntington National Bank full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits are great, good values

Cons

Pay is lower than most banks

CSA

Former Employee - CSA in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - CSA in Columbus, OH

I worked at Huntington National Bank full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Can earn decent money with sales, friendly co-workers,

Cons

stuck on a phone all day. can't deviate from scheduled breaks or lunches, even by a minute, without getting harassed. If you're not good at sales, you will be terminated. Odd attendance policy curbed toward getting rid of people, strong distrust between workers and management, doesn't pay all that great for the work thats put in. very similar to being chained like a dog all day. cafeteria food is way overpriced. lots of made up "promotions" that turn out to be lateral movements. push products that customers don't need or want. bonus structure fluctuates with banks; needs, so its impossible to truly rely on them.

Advice to Management

don't sell "promotions" then make people stay in that role a minimum of 1 year. change the attendance policy: its difficult to understand fully and not at all fair. Get more parking spaces. change cafeteria vendor. allow flex in adherance.

6. Great Great Great!

Current Employee - Personal Banker in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Personal Banker in Columbus, OH

Pros

Lots of learning from upper management. PTO is okay.

Cons

Not much PTO. Job sucks. Terrible incentive plan.

Lack of training

Former Employee - Universal Banker in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Universal Banker in Columbus, OH

Pros

Train you in classroom but not for customer interaction. A lot of learning on your own. Hard work will pay off, but pay in low

Cons

Low pay Management Training is not sufficient

Advice to Management

Good start for young employee

Very rewarding and company takes care of employees

Current Employee - Loan Processor in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Loan Processor in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Huntington National Bank full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great environment and opportunity for advancement. Good benefits

Cons

Nothing I can think of. They take care of their people

Advice to Management

Acknowledge the processors more often. They seemed to focus on LO's

Vice President

Pros

Strong executive team, competitive salary and bonus structure. Specific company goals, innovative CEO. Newer leadership and managers are strong, energetic and vibrant.

Cons

Work/life balance was not good. Managers and other executives who have been in place for some time were not innovative in their thinking, seemed fearful and reticent to change.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. Implement strong performance management system within all departments to weed out those who are resisting change and new thinking.

10. Teller

Current Employee - Bank Teller
    Current Employee - Bank Teller

I have been working at Huntington National Bank part-time

Pros

The people I work with are friendly and management takes my school schedule into consideration when scheduling my hours. The company culture is to be as friendly and approachable as possible towards customers, which sets Huntington apart from other banks. The work isn't hard at all. There are opportunities for advancement if you perform well and show that you want to learn. Full benefits even for part timers (medical, vision, dental, 401k)

Cons

Sales or referral goals are unreasonable and almost laughable. They expect you, as a teller, to shove products down everybody's throat and you'll have to deal with customers being annoyed by that. It's pressure from management and embarrasment from rejection and being chewed out by a customer that really stresses me out. Upper management expects any conversation with a customer to somehow end in a referral, making you look really fake. Sudden schedule changes. When interviewed, I was told that schedules will be made a month in advance but shortly after starting, they told me that they will be made barely a week in advance and still subject to change. It made it hard to plan your life around it.

Advice to Management

Be more realistic and leave the sales to the bankers. If a customer needs a loan, I doubt they'd walk up to a teller. Having a teller ask you about your accounts and trying to sell you something is very annoying when you're just trying to make a transaction.

11. Teller

Former Employee - Bank Teller in Toledo, OH
    Former Employee - Bank Teller in Toledo, OH

I worked at Huntington National Bank part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

work-life balance was very easy to maintain, very friendly work environment, co-workers were very friendly and always eager to help out fellow employees

Cons

sometimes upper management weren't 100% aware of what was going on around the branches and tried to set unrealistic goals for branches to meet

RSS Feed </> Embed