Huron Consulting Group

Huron Consulting Group Reviews

Updated Jul 21, 2014

Huron Consulting Group President, CEO and Director James H. (Jim) Roth

James H. (Jim) Roth

Pros
  • Work/Life balance is definitely one of the top in the nation(in 30 reviews)

• Met some great people at the entry level(in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance (challenge with many traveling consulting jobs I'm sure)(in 20 reviews)

• Which I feel is a reflection of poor upper management(in 10 reviews)

None

Manager (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsHuron is a great place to work. Especially the talent in my coworkers and the dedication of my leadership encourages me to stay.

ConsThe compensation and rate of pay could be better and i would be happier if they matched industry standards.

Great people to work with

Healthcare Analyst (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsPeople are awesome, and leadership is approachable

ConsWorklife balance, heavy feedback culture.

Run Away!

Consultant (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsTravel was nice, working in hospitals was interesting, you learn a lot, can take your work product to the next level.

ConsEverything. You name it and it is mostly a con. Horrible management. Cronyism. Typical kiss up, kick down management style. Felt like prison.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of 10 or so Managing Directors that are acting like a sea anchor.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good company great benefits

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGrowing company with lots to offer

ConsIdiot leaders who drag the company down

Advice to Senior ManagementClean house and bring in new leadership

I've had a great learning experience, but career opportunities depend heavily on your team

Analyst (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsWork life balance is variable depending on your group; here in Healthcare you can vary from 40-60 easily

ConsBad track record of hiring experienced people. They only nail it about 1/4 the time, and they fail miserably 1/4 the time.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to develop yourselves as leaders. Invest in more training for experienced hires when necessary, and be more selective of those you choose.

Smart People, Difficulty integrating experienced hires

ProsPeople are smart, young and capable. Leadership is finding the right areas to expand to continue to grow. Great emphasis on training. Lots of opps to travel.

ConsGrowing pains of pushing out of typical methodology, some outdated tools. Promotion process can be pretty complex and you have to have the right people in your court.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey are doing all the right things to keep the company moving in a positive direction poised for growth.

Not the Best Job in the world, but reasoanble

Document Review (Former Employee) Washington, DC

ProsThey offered a doc review experience while I was waiting to hear for my Bar Result. Pay was OK. Their D.C. location had clean facility. Great to earn your living while waiting to get a real permanent job.

ConsThe work can be really tedious. Some folks just cannot handle the constant eye strain they'd get by doing the review all day.

Great place to work

ProsAlways stays market relevant to win work

ConsInsular cultures between service lines

Technical Consultant

Technical Consultant (Current Employee) Beaverton, OR

ProsGood for Starting your Career

ConsLoads of Area to Improve and work upon

White boys club

Associate (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsGood work life benefits ,compensation and perks.

ConsTake a look at the board of directors (All white). Take a look at the schools they hire from(Southern Christian schools). This is a white boys club and no amount of pink ribbon, blue ribbon helps. As a POC there have been numerous instances when I have felt racism under the radar. Its not prominent enough to ring alarm bells but the whole attitude would make you understand.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire Mitt Romney and a few more old Arthur Andersen white boys.

Worked for Huron Consulting Group? Contribute to the Community!