Husky Energy

Be The First To
Add Photos

Husky Energy President, CEO, and Director Asim Ghosh

Asim Ghosh

Pros
  • Good work-life balance with family-oriented atmosphere (in 6 reviews)

• Met a lot of great people working for the company (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Verbally abusive behaviours at director levels, dishonesty, emotional/reactive/irrational decision-making, public berrating of subordinates (in 3 reviews)

• Every award, managed to award individuals that worked closely with Senior management (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights
35 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Working as a Husky consultant

Tax Consultant (Current Employee) Calgary, AB (Canada)

ProsAs a mature worker no one is looking over my shoulder hounding me about something that needs to be done. I have hard deadlines that need to be met and I am given the latitude to meet those deadlines in the way I see fit to get the work done in a timely manner

ConsI have not experienced any cons in this position. All my interactions with permanent staff are positive and cooperative. The work is within the scope of my experience and just requires time to work on the problems and does not require any formal upgrading of my skills. As worker in his 44th year of working I am able to work independently.

Advice to Senior ManagementI have no advice for management, I am satisfied with the work environment and the callaboration from my fellow workers.

Company only OK. IS department less than OK.

IS Leader (Current Employee) Calgary, AB (Canada)

ProsA company with good market standing and a diverse energy portfolio. Many of the assets are depleting, but several good ones coming on line.

ConsThe company and clients are enjoyable. I like companies, but only disengage when asked to act out dishonorably, which is what the IS group is about. I see little honesty in the leadership, who fabricate ways to spin or make up stories to build a good face. There is little accountability and a lot of finger pointing. The honorable approach is to accept blame and move on as a team. The management team does not bring people along, but drags them.

Advice to Senior ManagementPeople are your power. The IS management have a long way to go in terms of determining how to get people efficient and productive. Stop playing power games and do what is right to improve company results. All that is happening is a big move on draining productivity... Thousands spent at offsites that yield no substantial follow-up... Management approaches of the 80's have become the norm. There are new approaches now.

Great place to work

Engineer (Current Employee) Calgary, AB (Canada)

ProsSalary and Compensation are top-notch.
    Opportunities for career growth plentiful as Husky Energy has a number of projects online and upcoming all over the world.
    Diversity is a core company value.

ConsDifficulty to attend courses / training not provided in-house.
    Difficult to be aware of what is going on with the rest of the rather large company.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Fairly Okay

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Calgary, AB (Canada)

ProsFreehand to contribute, Information flow is fantastic

ConsHighly Politicised, slow decision making

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease always see to having a level playing ground for all candidate applying for a vacant positions

overall good company

Deskside Analyst (Current Employee) Calgary, AB (Canada)

Prospay is good for a new grad

Consa lot of walls in the management

Advice to Senior Managementreduce bureaucracy

Great place to work with lots of opportunities!

Lead (Current Employee) Calgary, AB (Canada)

ProsSo many great people, projects and opportunities - never a dull moment!

ConsThere are no significant cons to working at Husky.

Ok to work for

Engineer (Current Employee) Calgary, AB (Canada)

ProsGood sized company with some good opportunities.
    Average pay and benefits and improved training program.

ConsPending what business unit you work at , some leads and managers are not good at doing work but good at playing games.

great opportunity

Software Consultant (Current Employee) Calgary, AB (Canada)

Prosfriendly and great company to work for

Consnothing to comment on great company.....

Silos, silos, more silos and favouritism

IT Architect (Current Employee) Calgary, AB (Canada)

ProsGood hiring process. Smart coworkers

ConsManagement not in tune with its staff and promotions are based off of favouritism. Too many silos and the group's don't play nice with other groups.

Advice to Senior ManagementFind some time to communicate with your staff more frequently. You might discover you have some pretty smart and sociable staff and not just "minions"

Generally good, but a culture of disempowerment impedes progress

IS Projecgt Manager (Former Employee) Calgary, AB (Canada)

ProsSeasoned, pragmatic and realistic business clients
    Some truly talented people in IS

ConsIS is very cheap - penny-wise and pound-foolish
    Most leaders use intimidation as their primary management tactic
    Most promotions based on back-door deals rather than merit

Advice to Senior ManagementPut a stop to the intimidation and bullying - it's driving the best people away
    Focus on fundamentals - get the basics right, THEN reach further
    Stop referring to yourselves as "Senior Management" - that's VPs, SVPs and the CEO

Worked for Husky Energy? Contribute to the Community!