Husky Energy

Be The First To
Add Photos

Husky Energy President, CEO, and Director Asim Ghosh

Asim Ghosh

Pros:
  • "Good work-life balance with family-oriented atmosphere"
    in 6 reviews
  • "Employee pay and benefits are reasonable"
    in 3 reviews
Cons:

Reviews

great work experience

IT Consultant (Former Employee)
Calgary, TX

I worked at Husky Energy full-time for more than a year

Prosgood salary with good benefits

Consmanagement need guidance in upper management

Advice to Senior Managementmanagement needs guidance

Growing Company that is more concerned about the bottom line than its employees

Process Operator (Current Employee)
Lima, OH

I have been working at Husky Energy full-time for more than 10 years

ProsVery good wages and benefits. Diverse company, overall growth of the company seems to be on an upward trend. Husky has no issue putting money into its refineries which equals longevity for the Lima refinery.

ConsNew strategies in utlizing operators in several areas throughout the plant leave the new operators unprepared for outages and the ability to feel comfortable in their job. They are solely focused on the bottom line.

Advice to Senior ManagementConcentrate on taking advantage of the ideas of your long time employees since there will be about a 30% leaving in the next 5 to 7 years.

It's close to home.

Tester/Assembler (Current Employee)
Pacific, MO

I have been working at Husky Energy full-time for more than 5 years

ProsThey are always looking to expand their products and services in the field of petroleum dispensing products. Development of new products is also key.

ConsI believe there are to many positions that are filled by temporary employees and that these people are sometimes turned over needlessly.

Advice to Senior ManagementSelect a member or two from each department on the floor to train to be "lean ninjas", and have those people teach lean manufacturing to hires.

it was nice but they dont want to work with us.

Engineering Manager (Former Employee)
North Lima, OH

I worked at Husky Energy full-time for more than 10 years

Prosthe people i worked with

Conslong hours and the smell

Advice to Senior Managementspeak to employes

Husky Production Worker but wished I was with another company

Operations (Former Employee)
Lima, OH

I worked at Husky Energy full-time for more than 8 years

ProsGood pay with lots of overtime. Opportunity to obtain experience in oil/gas industry good. Training met expectations and needs of company.

ConsHIGHLY political. Company plays favorites. Company cannot get rid of poor workers. Company will not get rid of poor management. Do as I say attitude. Company does not value families or personnel time off and has stated "We pay you well enough for this". They participate in mass punishment when an employee does something wrong. Different areas in plant are treated differently with some unfairly. EXTREMLY poor supervisors whom have been in this work enviroment a long time and have not learned. If you want experience in this industry go somewhere else.

Advice to Senior ManagementI stay out of the politics but when so many employees complain about management, take it more serious. The moral is bad and could be great.

Royalty

I have been working at Husky Energy

Prospositive envronment to work in

Consnone noted at the moment

Great place to work with lots of opportunities!

Lead (Current Employee)
Calgary, AB (Canada)

I have been working at Husky Energy full-time for more than 5 years

ProsSo many great people, projects and opportunities - never a dull moment!

ConsThere are no significant cons to working at Husky.

One of the best companies I have ever worked for

ProsPassionate and dedicated employees
CEO with a vision
Corporate policies such as Diversity and Respect in the Workplace that set Husky apart from a lot of other companies; they don"t just preach it, they believe in it and enforce it
Lots of opportunity for growth and for learning within the business

ConsIS department is fragmented and disconnected from the rest of the company
Opportunity for growth is afforded primarily to those who belong to the circle of trust; a group of people that have worked together in previous companies and/or wiggled their way into the IS clique that is sanctioned, condoned and participated in by senior leaders
IS runs like its own company, forgetting where the money comes from and disregarding corporate policies that are meant to make the workplace a safe and comfortable place to work in
In great need of a management shake-up to focus on experience and strong leadership that puts "Husky First" and not the nepotism and favouritism that is so blatantly obvious.
Unless you are an esteemed member of the IS clique, you do not have a path of escalation within the IS organization that you can follow without fear of retribution

Advice to Senior ManagementHire or promote professionals who have experience, passion and proven track record; not based on prior/current friendship, membership in the IS exclusive club, or to satisfy corporate quota of promoting from within
Work to create an environment where ALL staff feels safe and confident that they can voice their concerns, opinions and ideas. If the staff outside of the IS exclusive club don't trust leadership this greatly impacts productivity and quality because they are always having to second guess everything they do
Stop talking about how nepotism and favouritism DON'T exist and just stop doing it.

Professional Environment, helpful people, great atmosphere

Engineering Student (Current Employee)
St. John's, NL (Canada)

I have been working at Husky Energy full-time for less than a year

ProsLearned lots about oil industry, got to work with industry experts, helped to develop engineering skills, professional workplace. I would recommend this company to anyone.

ConsNot enough responsibility, I would like to have had more independent work, maybe a personal project, no complaints other than that. Great experience overall!

Consultant

I have been working at Husky Energy

ProsFriendly people. Good environment. Competitive wages.

ConsSILO does exist from time to time.

Worked for Husky Energy? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Husky Energy reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Husky Energy CEO Asim Ghosh. All 72 reviews posted anonymously by Husky Energy employees.