Husky Injection Molding Systems

www.husky.ca

Husky Injection Molding Systems Reviews

Updated May 3, 2014

John Galt

Highly specialized field to work in

Account Manager (Current Employee) Milton, VT

ProsIndustry Leader, premium product, nice salary

ConsMost applications can get away with cheaper competitor product

Advice to Senior ManagementDont loose anymore of the culture that made husky great

Excellent at first but quirky

Project Engineer (Current Employee) Milton, VT

ProsDecent salary/bonus structure if you are exempt. Definitely some interesting positions and responsibilities.

ConsThe overall experience has gotten worse from the transition from privately owned to publicly owned to owned by capital management companies. Level of benefits/pay/bonus has decreased for the last 5 or so years.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe overall message of employee engagement and pay for performance is inconsistent with the reality of 0% raise in 3 out of the last 8 years and "significantly reduced" bonuses. Odd place that exempt employees are fully encouraged to work as many hours as needed, but have to make up medical appointment time.

good benefit, but horrible management and limited career paths

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Milton, VT

ProsGood benefits, Good location (VT), coworkers are nice people.

ConsLimited career path, inept management, rampant sexism

Advice to Senior ManagementThere are obvious cliques, and certain people benefit from being in them. It should be advised that management should limit their extracurricular time with subordinates- it's very obvious those friends are getting special treatment in the workplace and given opportunities to advance their career- which are few and far between at this small plant.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Excellent organization to wok for.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsOrganization has a unique culture and fosters a great work environment.

ConsNeed to provide more opportunities for employee development.

Try to stay away from it

ProsThe only positive thing that happened to me along the way is my manager. Few friends here and there. A bit of travelling. And that is it.

ConsI can write a book on topic what I dont like working here but it is gonna change nothing. And this is exactly the point. Huge bureaucratic machine since Robert sold the company. All started with ONEX. The main goal is to maximize profit. Cut the costs, cut everything just to report to shareholders that profit moves up. When I joind the company one guy told me that Husky is good start but very bad finish. I couldn't grasp the idea but now I get it. Few years ago they started the politic of downgrading service engineers, no proper training just internet based education. In case you are in real trouble fell free call service group. No need to explain what is it for. Top management out of touch with reality. I keep connections with different regions, all the same, everywhere. I can go on for another hour or so to explore all benefits not working here. Feel free to apply and get it yourself. By the way, the spy on their Laptops. Make sure you follow the IT rules.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure you continue in the same way and in 5 years you will lose all you employees.

Good company but too much politics

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Singapore (Singapore)

Pros1. Good product
    2. Good team work amongs the division (Only division not cross division)
    3. big MNC and pride
    4. good bereaucracy, because this is corporation instead of company

Cons1. too much politics inside , expecially the the middle up management. each business unit try to protect themselves
    2. nowadays, husky tend to do the easy job, they try to avoid the sophisticated project and a lot of restriction
    3. the message that we send to management might not be share to the executive team or CEO, they will filter it. and a lot of wrong people seat in wrong position ( part of husky 20 mile is right people seat in right post, but they are not practice it)
    4. the people that seat in the global position is the friends, if you are not the friend then do not have put the dream on it.
    5. the management is poor and unprofessional, a lot of personal thing. the management should have wide hard and thing further to their team and good figure to the customer. they look professional but they are not actually. just talk and politics. they just want to save their ass

Advice to Senior ManagementHusky should have the right guy to bring husky culture back. do not hire people just because their cheap. a lot of home work for the Mr CEO, he might not know the thing inside and happen in the remote office( to much cover up in the remote office).

i believe husky sales do not afraid to sell the premium product as long as the product is good. the brand is good, but if it does not have the good material, soul and foundation, the brand will down and disappear slowly.

Great Place for an engineering student

Engineering Co-Op (Current Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

ProsThe company has very friendly and forgiving atmosphere.There is always work to do, job really keeps you busy and focused.

ConsCoordinating project with different teams is very political (e,g Development engineering and supplychain).

Cracks the mould

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Bolton, ON (Canada)

ProsGreat health benefits
    Gym, daycare and great cafeterias all on premise
    Bikes to get around camput

ConsVery strange hierarchy structure
    Highly competitive atmosphere - employees in certain areas are likely to 'sabotage' (so to speak) one another if a raise or promotion is on the line

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure that engineers put in managerial roles actual know how to manage people, projects, etc.

A company with values but is behind the times

Software Designer (Current Employee) Bolton, ON (Canada)

ProsThe company offers good benefits and treats most employees fairly. The upper management have a good sense of direction for the company. They try to promote a feeling of culture and community. They have a good gym in bolton.

ConsAs far as software, they are behind the times. They have very customized systems and find it hard to stay with trends; I'd say they are 5-10 years behind. The management (middle) is a bureaucratic layer that sends mixed messages and muddles the upper managements signal. There's a lot of tribal knowledge and people do not share information easily. Husky promotes equality and work-life balance but doesn't practice it. Bolton is very far from toronto.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of the bureaucracy. As far as software do not customize your systems so heavily, try to stay nimble and on time. Promote share information and get rid of people who horde it. Allow for telecommuting. Recognize hard work.

Fantastic people, great. International experience. Executives treat people as disposable.

ProsLots of challenge and variety
    Fairly decent pay
    The best co-workers
    Great environment

ConsFall in and out of favour with the drop of a hat
    No clear priorities
    Somewhat of a pyramid scheme
    If you're not visible then you're not working

Worked for Husky Injection Molding Systems? Contribute to the Community!