Husky Injection Molding Systems

Updated August 4, 2014
Updated August 4, 2014
2.9

John Galt

Excellent at first but quirky

Current Employee - Project Engineer  in  Milton, VT
    Current Employee - Project Engineer in Milton, VT

I have been working at Husky Injection Molding Systems full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Decent salary/bonus structure if you are exempt. Definitely some interesting positions and responsibilities.

Cons

The overall experience has gotten worse from the transition from privately owned to publicly owned to owned by capital management companies. Level of benefits/pay/bonus has decreased for the last 5 or so years.

The overall message of employee engagement and pay for performance is inconsistent with the reality of 0% raise in 3 out of the last 8 years and "significantly reduced" bonuses. Odd place that exempt employees are fully encouraged to work as many hours as needed, but have to make up medical appointment time.

good benefit, but horrible management and limited career paths

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Milton, VT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milton, VT

I worked at Husky Injection Molding Systems full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Good benefits, Good location (VT), coworkers are nice people.

Cons

Limited career path, inept management, rampant sexism

There are obvious cliques, and certain people benefit from being in them. It should be advised that management should limit their extracurricular time with subordinates- it's very obvious those friends are getting special treatment in the workplace and given opportunities to advance their career- which are few and far between at this small plant.

Highly specialized field to work in

Current Employee - Account Manager  in  Milton, VT
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Milton, VT

I have been working at Husky Injection Molding Systems

Pros

Industry Leader, premium product, nice salary

Cons

Most applications can get away with cheaper competitor product

Dont loose anymore of the culture that made husky great

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Disposable employees, a mess of politics and personal agendas hidden under spectacular benefits

Current Employee - Engineering  in  Bolton, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Engineering in Bolton, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Husky Injection Molding Systems full-time for less than a year

Pros

The benefits are second to none: free gym, cheap cafeterias, luxury daycare (not free) and good coverage. Nice campus. It all looks so good at the interview.

Cons

The benefits are great but it's all designed to draw a continuous flow of new talent. The place is a revolving door with extreme turnover. New employees get no due process: you can be fired without cause at your manager's whim. Politics are rampant and effect your every task, even bathroom breaks are timed by managers in other departments. Your review process involves your manager's comments and observations by other managers, and that's when you find out just how many people are observing and making notes on you. It's a police state: security watches, IT watches, even your cafeteria purchases are recorded and reported. If you make it, you're golden until the next round of layoffs, but for every successful employee there are dozens of cast-offs. You must adopt Husky Values which, while noble for the public, also include some too-noble things like snitching on co-workers. The daycare uses the company intranet to distribute calendars and pictures, but you can be fired instantly for looking at them as it's personal use.

I wish I could offer some, but the company is so huge and has such an engrained culture of disposable employees I believe nothing could ever change.

Excellent organization to wok for.

I worked at Husky Injection Molding Systems

Pros

Organization has a unique culture and fosters a great work environment.

Cons

Need to provide more opportunities for employee development.

Good company but too much politics

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Singapore (Singapore)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

I worked at Husky Injection Molding Systems full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

1. Good product
    2. Good team work amongs the division (Only division not cross division)
    3. big MNC and pride
    4. good bereaucracy, because this is corporation instead of company

Cons

1. too much politics inside , expecially the the middle up management. each business unit try to protect themselves
    2. nowadays, husky tend to do the easy job, they try to avoid the sophisticated project and a lot of restriction
    3. the message that we send to management might not be share to the executive team or CEO, they will filter it. and a lot of wrong people seat in wrong position ( part of husky 20 mile is right people seat in right post, but they are not practice it)
    4. the people that seat in the global position is the friends, if you are not the friend then do not have put the dream on it.
    5. the management is poor and unprofessional, a lot of personal thing. the management should have wide hard and thing further to their team and good figure to the customer. they look professional but they are not actually. just talk and politics. they just want to save their ass

Husky should have the right guy to bring husky culture back. do not hire people just because their cheap. a lot of home work for the Mr CEO, he might not know the thing inside and happen in the remote office( to much cover up in the remote office).

i believe husky sales do not afraid to sell the premium product as long as the product is good. the brand is good, but if it does not have the good material, soul and foundation, the brand will down and disappear slowly.

Great Place for an engineering student

Current Employee - Engineering Co-Op  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Engineering Co-Op in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Husky Injection Molding Systems for more than a year

Pros

The company has very friendly and forgiving atmosphere.There is always work to do, job really keeps you busy and focused.

Cons

Coordinating project with different teams is very political (e,g Development engineering and supplychain).

Try to stay away from it

Pros

The only positive thing that happened to me along the way is my manager. Few friends here and there. A bit of travelling. And that is it.

Cons

I can write a book on topic what I dont like working here but it is gonna change nothing. And this is exactly the point. Huge bureaucratic machine since Robert sold the company. All started with ONEX. The main goal is to maximize profit. Cut the costs, cut everything just to report to shareholders that profit moves up. When I joind the company one guy told me that Husky is good start but very bad finish. I couldn't grasp the idea but now I get it. Few years ago they started the politic of downgrading service engineers, no proper training just internet based education. In case you are in real trouble fell free call service group. No need to explain what is it for. Top management out of touch with reality. I keep connections with different regions, all the same, everywhere. I can go on for another hour or so to explore all benefits not working here. Feel free to apply and get it yourself. By the way, the spy on their Laptops. Make sure you follow the IT rules.

Make sure you continue in the same way and in 5 years you will lose all you employees.

Cracks the mould

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Bolton, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bolton, ON (Canada)

I worked at Husky Injection Molding Systems part-time for less than a year

Pros

Great health benefits
    Gym, daycare and great cafeterias all on premise
    Bikes to get around camput

Cons

Very strange hierarchy structure
    Highly competitive atmosphere - employees in certain areas are likely to 'sabotage' (so to speak) one another if a raise or promotion is on the line

Make sure that engineers put in managerial roles actual know how to manage people, projects, etc.

A company with values but is behind the times

Current Employee - Software Designer  in  Bolton, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Software Designer in Bolton, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Husky Injection Molding Systems full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The company offers good benefits and treats most employees fairly. The upper management have a good sense of direction for the company. They try to promote a feeling of culture and community. They have a good gym in bolton.

Cons

As far as software, they are behind the times. They have very customized systems and find it hard to stay with trends; I'd say they are 5-10 years behind. The management (middle) is a bureaucratic layer that sends mixed messages and muddles the upper managements signal. There's a lot of tribal knowledge and people do not share information easily. Husky promotes equality and work-life balance but doesn't practice it. Bolton is very far from toronto.

Get rid of the bureaucracy. As far as software do not customize your systems so heavily, try to stay nimble and on time. Promote share information and get rid of people who horde it. Allow for telecommuting. Recognize hard work.

Worked for Husky Injection Molding Systems? Contribute to the Community!