Hussmann

Updated Jun 29, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Dennis Gipson

Good company to work for. Just need improvement in a few areas.

ProsGreat holiday pay and decent amount of days off for vacation.

ConsSad that they cut our sick days from 6 days to 3 days. Also we have too many managers/supervisors.

Advice to Senior ManagementWe have too many managers/supervisors. When a problem arises everything just get forward on to one manager to the next. We don't see instant action but a whole lot of waiting around for a solution or an answer.

Good company to work for

Warehouse (Current Employee)
    Chino, CA

ProsStable employment nice workers. Employees receive physical work outs before each sift

ConsNeed to understand people better. Company does not allow employees time of to see doctor or an emergency with out punishment

Advice to Senior ManagementWork with people, that against them.

It really was an okay place to be. No major issues. Helps not to be a life sucking employee

Collection Analyst (Former Employee)
    Bridgeton, MO

ProsI worked in the finance area and even had a young new manager and he was a okay to work for no complaints. Fair managers all doing the best they could.

ConsLooking back the only con was the mice in the building. But worked next to a dump so you have to expect it.

Advice to Senior ManagementNothing negative to say. Everyone was doing what they were suppose to do.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I worked there for a number of years.

Accountant (Former Employee)
    Bolingbrook, IL

ProsI enjoyed the team environment at our plants location. Also, the manager were always challenging use with special projects.

ConsLack of advancement at the plant level. It was hard to advance other than moving to the corporate headquarters, but their was laterally group within the plants.

Advice to Senior ManagementShould list other opportunities at other plant locations in a come area or website location. It was very difficult to hear about other open positions at other plant locations.

Working for Hussmans

ProsNice company to work for. Employees were friendly as well as management. Open to suggestions at all times.

ConsWas not able to be hired at the time I was only a Temp to Hire employee.

Learned a lot, but too many 'all powerful' chiefs, not enough indians.

ProsBest - good pay, lots of different systems increases knowledge/experience, great co-workers, tuition reimbursement. Some managers are flexible with hours (such as letting you come in late if you have an early appointment). Others are very strictly 8-5 with assigned, unchangeable lunches, etc.

ConsWorst - management is unresponsive to employees, lots of different systems that don't work together, management focuses on numbers, rather than customers, little chance for advancement. It's all about the money and hitting goals regardless of how this affects employees and/or service. Time-off policies are not consistent. VERY POLITICAL.

Advice to Senior ManagementLISTEN to you employees, to your customers, to your suppliers. Reward those who go the extra mile to get things done. Quit cutting personnel to barely functional teams. Take a chance and try adopting new ideas.

Lots of challenges

Bridgeton, MO

ProsThe pay and benefits are usually quite competitive. The work atmosphere is generally friendly and relaxed. Senior leaders are approachable.

ConsThe company is highly functionalized / siloed. Many people want to stay in their swim lane. Cross functional work seems to congregate to a few people.

Advice to Senior ManagementPractice what you preach. If you want people to break down silos, stop being so defensive of your functional turf.

Average at Best

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsSalaries are competitive. New partial ownership which is a hopeful prospect after a decade under IR control and being blamed for their failing strategies.

ConsThis company is half the size it was 10 years ago with weak leadership that has been running the place the whole time. Very siloed and change resistant culture. Home office is a metaphorical dump that is across the street from an actual garbage dump.

Advice to Senior ManagementTo CEO, retire. You haven't made your numbers in 10 years.

Good place to work, good people

Engineer Lead (Current Employee)
    Bridgeton, MO

ProsCompany allows you to think for yourself. The top management are very good people, and they fire the bad seeds. Everyone treats you with respect, and communication is pretty good.

Consoffice is near stinky dump. Too many chiefs, not enough indians
    sending new products to Mexico, when Mexico can't build the products they already make very well; difficult to promote

Advice to Senior ManagementThe sheckels you save sending new product line to Mexico will be lost in warranty, missed ship dates and all around poor assembly of the product

Opportunity for many hours.

Call Center Contact Person (Current Employee)
    Bridgeton, MO

ProsIt is good pay for being a temp job. If you get hired on, you make really good pay, benefits, vacation, etc. They allow you to take days off when sick (unpaid). Not very strict. Sit-down office job.

ConsIt is only temporary for peak seasons. It takes years to be hired as a permanent employee. Training takes a month or more. A lot to remember.

Worked for Hussmann? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Hussmann reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Hussmann CEO Dennis Gipson. All 22 reviews posted anonymously by Hussmann employees.