Hutcheson Enterprises

Better than Most Seem to Think

Former Employee - Office Staff  in  Huntsville, AL
    Former Employee - Office Staff in Huntsville, AL

I worked at Hutcheson Enterprises full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Flexible hours
    Good benefits
    Supervisors who care about you
    Family-run business promotes family feeling

Cons

Being stuck between senior management (a family unit) and lower management when there is a disagreement

Show up at random stores without notice and speak with the heart of the stores, the real people who work in them, not just the area and regional managers who speak for them. You might learn more about the stores and the real problems they face, as well as more about those managers who are trusted and whether they deserve that trust.

Non compassionate, backstabbing, self serving owners

Former Employee - Area Supervisor  in  North Little Rock, AR
    Former Employee - Area Supervisor in North Little Rock, AR

I worked at Hutcheson Enterprises full-time for less than a year

Pros

The best reason, and only reason I found to work for this company is the employees who worked under me as my being a area supervisor.

Cons

The regional supervisor I worked for felt you should have no life other than work. After hiring in as a office manager and only managing the office for 1 month, I was promoted to the area supervisor position. The first order of business was to fire 4 managers and then had 1 quit, not to count the number of CSR's that were fired and/or quit. All of my time was trying to hire sufficent staff and getting them trained. My area, at the time I took over was in total disaster. The reason for this was the regional manager had let the previous supervisor do as she wanted, hiring friends who stole and mismanged the offices, without any overisght. To say the least, I had a complete mess to get straight. During all this my wife was found to have cancer. I was absent for 2 surgeries and 2 dr. appointments, missing many doctor visits and a colonoscpy and endoscopy, and was cut almost 1/2 my 2 week paycheck. After telling my regional manager of her having to have 6 weeks of readiation and chemo, he CALLED ME ON THE PHONE, and said he was having to let me go. Then he FAXED my Employee Exit Review for Record to an office. He threatened to hold my mileage check until I gave them the laptop computer back, which I had no intentions of keeping. So, after learning of my wife having cancer and then her having to have 6 weeks of radiation and chemo, I was let go. The reason stated was that my area was preforming poorly. The real reason was the regional manager was threatened with the loyality given to me by managers and he did not want to take a chance on having to actually work if I needed to be out with my wife. I have never been treated so badly at any place I have worked

Show compassion when it is due to people who fix the ignorant errors that regional managers let occur. Listen to both sides of the story before you pull the trigger on someone. Treat your employees as the ones who are on the front lines doing the work, making the money, developing personal relationships with the customers and putting their name on the line for your company. They are the ones making you money, not the girl answering the phone at HE,as it is called, who is so hateful. The turnover rate for employees is extremely high and that is the reason for such quick advancement in this company. The pay is very low for the amount of work performed and what is expected from the regional manager and owners. I was told to work till 2-3 a.m. at home if that is what it takes to get the job done, but cut my pay to be at my wifes 2 surgeries and dr.appointments. When Mr. H is gone, this company will fold under the leadership of the 2 sons waiting for him to pass so they can have his money.

I have never worked for a company that is so wishy washy.

Former Employee - Store Manager  in  Montgomery, AL
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Montgomery, AL

I worked at Hutcheson Enterprises full-time for more than a year

Pros

I enjoyed the customers. I really got to know a lot of them and will miss seeing their faces.

Cons

Your job is constantly threatened. All the supervisors say is grow grow grow! And collect collect collect! It's like they're brain washed by the people who actually don't work at the stores. I'd like to say why don't y'all work in the stores and realize sometimes it's not that easy to collect or grow. You put in every effort you have and its still not good enough. Oh and may I add you cannot trust them. They will stab you in the back in a heart beat.

Listen listen listen! And help help help! Don't threaten people's jobs, especially when it is their only source of income and are single parents with children at home they need to work to care for. Care a little bit more, and that will go a long way.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

okay Company to work for

Former Employee - Mqnaging A Title Loan Co  in  Hendersonville, TN
    Former Employee - Mqnaging A Title Loan Co in Hendersonville, TN

I worked at Hutcheson Enterprises full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good customer services position to work in.

Cons

work lots of hours, management does not back you sometimes as a manager

Listen more to your Mid Management employees & provide more in depth training.

Hard work&loyalty get you no where with this company! Back stabbers & cheaters get ahead

I worked at Hutcheson Enterprises full-time

Pros

Decent paycheck, some co workers were so wonderful to work with & were loyal & honest.

Cons

No work/home life balance! Upper management believes only certain people & does not look beyond them for a solution to the real problem.People who shouldn't lose their jobs do & those who should definitely lose them never do! When they want you gone, no reason needed you're just gone & you will not get a chance to defend yourself! Lead by fear & the stress is overwhelming!

Go beyond just one person for answers, get all sides of the story before letting people go, I think your eyes would be opened in an unpleasant way if you look beyond a RM for things. Don't focus on the wrong person so much, let someone other than a RM talk you will be suprised

I absolutely love my employer!! This is a great place to work!!

Current Employee - Branch Manager  in  Ozark, AL
    Current Employee - Branch Manager in Ozark, AL

I have been working at Hutcheson Enterprises full-time for more than a year

Pros

This job has been a real blessing in my life! I love the owners, the bosses, and the job in general!! A lot of opportunities to advance with this company! I started November 28th and by January 20th I was promoted to manager of my own store. All I have to do is try and they will reward you!!! The Hutcheson's are amazing people!

Cons

This may sound odd but i have no complaints! They have been here for me EVERY TIME I have needed them!

Horrible, Horrible, Horrible

Former Employee - Branch Manager  in  Centre, AL
    Former Employee - Branch Manager in Centre, AL

I worked at Hutcheson Enterprises full-time for less than a year

Pros

Sure you can get promoted if you kiss enough butt and are one of the very few that last more than a year.

Cons

They will tell you whatever you want to hear to get you to stay. Of course, they never come through with it though. Very easy to get promoted and they will promise you excellent benefits and salary. I for one never saw any of it. I was promised a raise at a certain time; didnt get it. This happened 3 times. My supervisor always promised that when it affected our paychecks she would fight for it. Well, that like everything else out of her mouth was bull. It was high school with very small paychecks. A ridiculous company.

REMEMBER WHERE YOU CAME FROM!!! REMEMBER WHAT IT TAKES TO RUN A STORE!!! COMPENSATE YOUR MANAGERS FOR THEIR HARD WORK!!!! AND FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS GOOD AND KIND, HIRE SUPERVISORS THAT HAVE A CLUE!!!!

Not happy at all.

Current Employee - Branch Manager  in  Gadsden, AL
    Current Employee - Branch Manager in Gadsden, AL

I have been working at Hutcheson Enterprises full-time for more than a year

Pros

Working inside an office, hours are okay.

Cons

to much red tape to go through. they stay on you about growth, but they dont want yoiu to loan anybody.

When they advance you, they promise you a raise, benefits, bonus, ect. and you never see any of it.

horrible place to work

Current Employee - Area Supervisor
    Current Employee - Area Supervisor

I have been working at Hutcheson Enterprises full-time for more than a year

Pros

Hours are much better than retail. pay is slightly better than others in the same industry. Company does seem to promote from within.

Cons

the person starting to take over and run the company does not have the smarts or people skills of the owner. the credit manager spends more time on power trips than actually helping the employees. Offices get robbed far too regularly and the company is too cheap to put in any kind of theft deterrents (cameras, alarms, panic buttions). Reviews do not come around regularly and when the do raises are insulting. Offices are not kept up to date as far as technology and interior design. Pay increases with promotions are insulting

Pay area supervisors and regional managers a salary that matches the responsibility they have. Technology needs to get with the times.Protect your employees. The VP needs to understand that everything is not a contest to prove that he is "smarter than you"

Great Place to work.

I worked at Hutcheson Enterprises

Pros

This was a good company to work for. There are possibilities for advancement. And better pay and benefits compared to competitors.

Cons

Upper management often disconnected from current times. This in turn brings unrealistic expectations and looked at as numbers rather than case-by-case.

Don't forget where you started. Think back when you began and what you did to succeed. Listen instead of always knowing the answers.

Worked for Hutcheson Enterprises? Contribute to the Community!