Huxley Associates Reviews

3.7
Huxley Associates CEO Gary Elden
Gary Elden
1 Rating

1. Money earning potential is no joke!

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at Huxley Associates full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The money potential is no joke! Of course not everyone is seeing the huge pay checks but if you put in the time and give it your all you will see them at some point. The learning curve is different for everyone; I've seen people go from struggling to do a single deal to being a top biller less than a year later. If you are resilient, open to learning new things, and somewhat optimistic you will be in a good spot! Also it seems like the most successful people have a good mix of intelligence and sales capabilities. I never thought I'd be making the money I am this early jn my career, and I can truly see a career here!
    Also, this recruitment agency is a good size (not too big not too small) which allows a solid client base along with your own personal growth.
    Good perks too, especially if you enjoy having a drink (or a few)

Cons

- not flexible with work hours (the structure I believe is overall a good thing, but it is not ok to show up even a minute after 8 so that can be unfortunate)
    - somewhat harsh culture (don't join if easily offended)
    - strategy can come across as unorganized at times

If you follow through with the plans you are working on for the future, than I am very excited!

2. Unethical to the core

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant
    Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant

I worked at Huxley Associates full-time

Pros

good incentive programs (team dinners, happy hours etc...not $$)
    happy hours
    introductory sales training

Cons

cookie cutter approach to success
    "culture" is all surface level
    standard operating procedures produce animosity among colleagues
    extremely unethical way to go about headhunting
    transaction based recruiting rather than true business development with a focus on longevity
    micro management
    Little room for growth into management- they bring over people from the UK to sit on management teams

success is in billing #s, not data entry

3. High earning Potential, Great Sales Training

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Huxley Associates full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great Training. This is a sales company and you are trained in every aspect of sales from lead generation, to business development, to contract negotiation. Many people make a 6 figure salary in less than 2 years. Office plans to double in size this year, then double again next year, and all growth is from within. Every manager came in as a consultant and you don't have to wait until the person above you is promoted in order to get promoted. If you hit the numbers you get the promotion. Fun culture, team atmosphere. Excellent sales training program, consultants learn a lot about the financial domain as well. Lots of team incentive trips, nights out on the company to cubs games and local events.

Cons

None. If you are a hard worker looking for career success there won't be any cons. People have to have a bit of patience, you don't get the 20K paycheck your first month, but if you put in the work there is so much potential to grow and earn

5. Fantastic company to work for...

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Huxley Associates full-time

Pros

Career Progression - its a meritorcracy and for someone who is prepared to work hard that is an amazing thing! I've never had to wait long for my next promotion for this exact reason.
    Comp - linked to performance so I've seen my comp grow year on year
    Personal Development - formal in-house training, mentoring opportunites, external training
    Fun - it never gets old - company trips to Miami, Vegas, team building events etc

Cons

Personally I love it here so have no complaints. Everyone is a hard worker so if you are lazy or have a sense of entitlement then this definitely would not be the place for you.

This is a great company - please continue to evaluate future employees on their drive, determination and work ethic so we can continue to build our amazing culture

6. New starter, first impression

Current Employee - Senior Business Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Business Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Huxley Associates full-time (less than a year)

Pros

My experience, having been with the company for a few weeks now, has been a very positive one. The company is well established and has a huge amount of infrastructure, support, and training available. The staff have all been extremely welcoming, as well as showing that they are highly competent in their respective markets. There is a great atmosphere in the office, which creates a fun working environment in which there is a definitely a work hard, play hard approach to recruitment. There are significant perks to the job which include annual incentives, with trips to Vegas and Miami this year for example, as well as the opportunity to visit some of the most exclusive restaurants in Chicago via the 'Lunch Club' incentive scheme. The thing I like the most is the fact this is a shining example of a meritocracy. Staff can join and get multiple promotions within months depending entirely on said person's performance. There aren't many companies out there that can provide a clear path to six figure salaries/significant management responsibility in such a short space of time. I've worked for other recruitment companies in the past, but this is far and away the best I have experienced.

Cons

None as of yet, fingers crossed there aren't any!

7. Work Hard, Play Hard

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Chicago, IL

I worked at Huxley Associates full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Huxley, like most recruitment companies has a unique culture. If you put in the time you can be successful and there is money to be made. You will succeed here if you like to go out, have a good time and believe in their system.

Cons

Long hours. May be working on a market that is not as lucrative even if you put in the work.

One size fits all approach. Different management styles work for different people.

Make retention a priority, figure out what each employee needs.

8. Very Bad Experience working with Huxley more than 2 and half year

Former Contractor - Software Engineer in Jersey City, NJ
    Former Contractor - Software Engineer in Jersey City, NJ

I worked at Huxley Associates as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

I do not see any good things to say about this company

Cons

Working as contractor they sub lease your contract to other company.
    Do not pay your unemployment Insurance.
    Make tax deduction for NYC if you are working in other state.
    I will not recommend anyone to work for this company.. They play around to save the taxes.

Pay your Taxes as per state rules.

9. Fast-paced, fun-people, many rewards, interesting clients and candidates.

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at Huxley Associates full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Definitely opportunities for making some good money if you can excel as a recruiter. This is a sales job so do not mistake it as nothing else. The fun party about this sales job is that your products are other human beings who all have good stories. It is a game of chess finding the right candidate to match a particular position. The environment is young and fun. There are penty of incetives for those that can produce. From monthly outings to trip to Las Vegas and Miami.

Cons

You will be on the phone at least 4 hours a day - trying to find the right candidate, talking to clients, finding new clients, setting up interviews, etc. If you can't handle deadlines, sales targets, and heavy phone times, then your chances of success are slim.

Stop saying that the job is easy, if it where, the majority of the recruiters would be Top Billers.

10. Great

Current Employee - Sales Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Huxley Associates full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great people, great culture, lots of money

Cons

Sold as meritocratic, in reality, both tenure, meritocracy and favoritism count

Do not pick favorites. It supposed to be a meritocracy, so treat it like one

11. A fast-paced, high intensity, work hard, play hard place to work where you get exactly what you put in out of the job.

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at Huxley Associates full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I love the autonomy I have over my business. The harder I work, the more I am recognized, and the faster I move up the ladder. Senior management is accessible and open to suggestions, and my opinion is respected. I feel like my opinion matters which is important to me.

Cons

If you want to succeed, you have to be ready to put in the hours. It's as simple as that. This is not a 9-5 job, but it's a very rewarding experience where your hard work is recognized and it eventually pays off with promotions, big paychecks, management opportunities, and the ability to work abroad (if that's what you're into).

Huxley Associates Photos