Huxley Associates

Updated Apr 1, 2014

Not yet rated.

Huxley Associates Managing Director Mike Smith

Mike Smith

Fast-paced, fun-people, many rewards, interesting clients and candidates.

Recruitment Consultant (Current Employee)

I have been working at Huxley Associates full-time for less than a year

ProsDefinitely opportunities for making some good money if you can excel as a recruiter. This is a sales job so do not mistake it as nothing else. The fun party about this sales job is that your products are other human beings who all have good stories. It is a game of chess finding the right candidate to match a particular position. The environment is young and fun. There are penty of incetives for those that can produce. From monthly outings to trip to Las Vegas and Miami.

ConsYou will be on the phone at least 4 hours a day - trying to find the right candidate, talking to clients, finding new clients, setting up interviews, etc. If you can't handle deadlines, sales targets, and heavy phone times, then your chances of success are slim.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop saying that the job is easy, if it where, the majority of the recruiters would be Top Billers.

Great

Sales Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Huxley Associates full-time for more than 5 years

ProsGreat people, great culture, lots of money

ConsSold as meritocratic, in reality, both tenure, meritocracy and favoritism count

Advice to Senior ManagementDo not pick favorites. It supposed to be a meritocracy, so treat it like one

A wonderful, fast-paced environment

Recruitment Consultant (Current Employee)

I have been working at Huxley Associates full-time for less than a year

ProsGreat atmosphere, everyone is so friendly and its a lucrative role.

ConsThere is a lot to learn

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Exciting plans for growth in the Americas

Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Huxley Associates full-time for more than 10 years

ProsI'm excited that the board has agreed to back huge growth in the Americas. We are about 140 ppl across the Americas right now and the plan is to grow to 500 by 2017. We only promote from within so there are opportunities for fast tracked career development into management and maybe even to open up new business areas

ConsNot for the faint hearted or people who can't work in a loud, fast paced environment (not a con for me but I guess it's not right for some people)

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to stretch people so they can take on more and more responsibility

You get back what you put in!

I have been working at Huxley Associates full-time for more than 5 years

ProsHuxley has always come through with what they have promised. That's hard to say about an employer. It's a work hard play hard environment and if you dedicate the time and hard work it will pay off. The company has strong financial backing of a larger parent company yet still retains an entreprenurial feel to the day to day work. If you identify an opportunity in the market, you are empowered to chase it and build a business around it. Great growth in the US and not stopping anytime soon!

ConsOpen floor plan - not the place to work if you want a cubicle and quiet setting. Relatively structured environment as well.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep listening to your employees and play to their strengths!

Great Company! Great Opportunity! Company has come along way since I have joined.

SSTM (Current Employee)

I have been working at Huxley Associates full-time for more than 5 years

ProsAbility to make really good money! Great Culture and people! Great vacation and benefits. Great training and career path. Career path is transparent from day one. Meritocracy.

I joined 6 years ago and the environment was very rigid and structured and now there is a lot of flexibility.

ConsYou have to work hard!

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep making the work environment bett for all the employees!

The best at what they do

I have been working at Huxley Associates full-time

ProsWorld class standards, very high values. Meritocracy based, very rewarding. Buzzing environment. awesome corporate culture and environment. GREAT GREAT PLACE TO WORK.

ConsDefinitely not for the faint hearted. very hands on, high pressure environment. Long hours. Can have very very rough days.

Great place to start a career in Recruitment

Recruitment Consultant (Former Employee)
London, England (UK)

I worked at Huxley Associates full-time for more than 3 years

ProsFantastic training (on the job, not the L&D days you have to do)
Great Perks (Holidays to Ibiza, Vegas etc, company cars, Lunch Clubs....)
Sociable enviroment

ConsUnbelievably inflexible working hours - turn up 1 minute late and see what happens, lunch can only be taken 1-2 etc etc

So far so good....

Trainee Recruitment Consultant (Current Employee)

I have been working at Huxley Associates

ProsJoined Huxley about five months ago and have to say am so far very glad I did. The first few months were pretty crazy... I learnt a LOT!!! In the last few months though I'm really starting to see my work pay off, and have already done a few deals. When I have needed help my managers have always been very approachable and supportive. My coworkers have been great too ....really great bunch of people. Looking forward to my first promotion with the company!

ConsI've seen a few people mention long hours on here..is that a con? I just assumed that was a given for any sales job where you actually intend to be successful!!!!

Great Training and Opportunity to progress if you want it

Trainee Recruitment Consultant (Current Employee)

I have been working at Huxley Associates

ProsI am here for a few month now, learning tons every day and getting great training and support from the people around me. Everyone is styraight forward with feedback and I know what I need to do to progress my career. Awesome opportunities for growth with new offices in Chicago this year. Tons of people around me just got promoted and get loads of responsibility after just two or three years. If you deliver and prove you can do the job then it seems opportunities are up for grabs.

ConsSales job that takes a lot of work with a steep learning curve. They give you good structure how to succeed and I really like that. as you progress and get better you get a lot more freedom. It's a sales job with rejection and a lot of the salary coming from commission, but ion return this means that you can make more than $100k in your second year out of school. Have seen the commission checks of some of the people on my desk and I am looking forward to learn as fast as possible to get those as well.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep pushing me to be the best I can be.

Worked for Huxley Associates? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Huxley Associates reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Huxley Associates CEO Mike Smith. All 32 reviews posted anonymously by Huxley Associates employees.