Huxley Associates

Updated December 17, 2014
3.8

Huxley Associates Managing Director Mike Smith
Mike Smith

Great place to work and learn the recruitment business

Former Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in Amsterdam (Netherlands)
    Former Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

I worked at Huxley Associates full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great and fun environment where everyone starts at trainee level and work his/her way up. How successful you are determines how fast you grow. They will teach you all the tips and tricks you'll need to be a good recruiter. It is up to yourself to be great.

Cons

Competitive sales environment where you might have to make long hours to close a deal. Base pay is low, but bonuses are high. Growth towards management is limited.

Great start to a recruitment career

Former Employee - Sales Team Manager in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Sales Team Manager in London, England (UK)

I worked at Huxley Associates full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great training, great systems, good crowd of people and team atmosphere, regular incentives, and career path should keep you going a while...

Cons

Pay is better elsewhere, and certainly not strong enough to attract seasoned recruiters. I guess this reinforces the organic growth model rule and the huge grad intake.

The London office in particular is lacking dynamic top management, which does affect your work as you progress up the ranks.

Look ahead more than next months billing figures. There are some good eggs but many top managers have made their buck already so seem to chillax too much. Taking the foot of the gas at the top loses business to competition and disengages staff below.

Also, some managers only see their staff as numbers and need to be a bit more human- in an industry which, at the end of the day, is about people.

Money earning potential is no joke!

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at Huxley Associates full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The money potential is no joke! Of course not everyone is seeing the huge pay checks but if you put in the time and give it your all you will see them at some point. The learning curve is different for everyone; I've seen people go from struggling to do a single deal to being a top biller less than a year later. If you are resilient, open to learning new things, and somewhat optimistic you will be in a good spot! Also it seems like the most successful people have a good mix of intelligence and sales capabilities. I never thought I'd be making the money I am this early jn my career, and I can truly see a career here!
    Also, this recruitment agency is a good size (not too big not too small) which allows a solid client base along with your own personal growth.
    Good perks too, especially if you enjoy having a drink (or a few)

Cons

- not flexible with work hours (the structure I believe is overall a good thing, but it is not ok to show up even a minute after 8 so that can be unfortunate)
    - somewhat harsh culture (don't join if easily offended)
    - strategy can come across as unorganized at times

If you follow through with the plans you are working on for the future, than I am very excited!

WORST THAN A PRISON..

Former Employee - Recruiter
    Former Employee - Recruiter

I worked at Huxley Associates full-time (less than a year)

Pros

- Training
    - Nice office

Cons

- Working Hours
    - Dis-honest People
    - Coward Recruitment
    - False Promises
    - Sell you the dream to make you come on board
    - Money hungry (For the wrong reasons)
    - Poor managers
    - Drug culture
    - Say bye to your social life.

Rewarding

Former Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)

I worked at Huxley Associates full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good Incentives
    Good Training
    Good People
    Fun!
    An experience...

Cons

Very long hours
    Transactional
    Too Aggressive at times

Be more accommodating

High earning Potential, Great Sales Training

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Huxley Associates full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great Training. This is a sales company and you are trained in every aspect of sales from lead generation, to business development, to contract negotiation. Many people make a 6 figure salary in less than 2 years. Office plans to double in size this year, then double again next year, and all growth is from within. Every manager came in as a consultant and you don't have to wait until the person above you is promoted in order to get promoted. If you hit the numbers you get the promotion. Fun culture, team atmosphere. Excellent sales training program, consultants learn a lot about the financial domain as well. Lots of team incentive trips, nights out on the company to cubs games and local events.

Cons

None. If you are a hard worker looking for career success there won't be any cons. People have to have a bit of patience, you don't get the 20K paycheck your first month, but if you put in the work there is so much potential to grow and earn

New starter, first impression

Current Employee - Senior Business Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Business Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Huxley Associates full-time (less than a year)

Pros

My experience, having been with the company for a few weeks now, has been a very positive one. The company is well established and has a huge amount of infrastructure, support, and training available. The staff have all been extremely welcoming, as well as showing that they are highly competent in their respective markets. There is a great atmosphere in the office, which creates a fun working environment in which there is a definitely a work hard, play hard approach to recruitment. There are significant perks to the job which include annual incentives, with trips to Vegas and Miami this year for example, as well as the opportunity to visit some of the most exclusive restaurants in Chicago via the 'Lunch Club' incentive scheme. The thing I like the most is the fact this is a shining example of a meritocracy. Staff can join and get multiple promotions within months depending entirely on said person's performance. There aren't many companies out there that can provide a clear path to six figure salaries/significant management responsibility in such a short space of time. I've worked for other recruitment companies in the past, but this is far and away the best I have experienced.

Cons

None as of yet, fingers crossed there aren't any!

Fantastic company to work for...

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Huxley Associates full-time

Pros

Career Progression - its a meritorcracy and for someone who is prepared to work hard that is an amazing thing! I've never had to wait long for my next promotion for this exact reason.
    Comp - linked to performance so I've seen my comp grow year on year
    Personal Development - formal in-house training, mentoring opportunites, external training
    Fun - it never gets old - company trips to Miami, Vegas, team building events etc

Cons

Personally I love it here so have no complaints. Everyone is a hard worker so if you are lazy or have a sense of entitlement then this definitely would not be the place for you.

This is a great company - please continue to evaluate future employees on their drive, determination and work ethic so we can continue to build our amazing culture

Very Bad Experience working with Huxley more than 2 and half year

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Jersey City, NJ
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Jersey City, NJ

I worked at Huxley Associates as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

I do not see any good things to say about this company

Cons

Working as contractor they sub lease your contract to other company.
    Do not pay your unemployment Insurance.
    Make tax deduction for NYC if you are working in other state.
    I will not recommend anyone to work for this company.. They play around to save the taxes.

Pay your Taxes as per state rules.

Work Hard, Play Hard

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Chicago, IL

I worked at Huxley Associates full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Huxley, like most recruitment companies has a unique culture. If you put in the time you can be successful and there is money to be made. You will succeed here if you like to go out, have a good time and believe in their system.

Cons

Long hours. May be working on a market that is not as lucrative even if you put in the work.

One size fits all approach. Different management styles work for different people.

Make retention a priority, figure out what each employee needs.

Huxley Associates Photos