Huxley Associates

Huxley Associates Managing Director Mike Smith

Mike Smith

WORST THAN A PRISON..

Recruiter (Former Employee)

Pros- Training
    - Nice office

Cons- Working Hours
    - Dis-honest People
    - Coward Recruitment
    - False Promises
    - Sell you the dream to make you come on board
    - Money hungry (For the wrong reasons)
    - Poor managers
    - Drug culture
    - Say bye to your social life.

what you put in, is what you get. Good money, but not easy.

Senior Consultant (Former Employee)
    Frankfurt am Main (Germany)

ProsYou get great rewards for being successful. Trips abroad, good commission scheme and career opportunities. There is a good atmosphere and it can be a fun place to work. Recognition form management if you perform.

ConsToo much emphasis on short term output. Harsh culture when not performing. It is not you that chooses what market you will be working on, so you could end up working on a slow market.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to keep a long term focus and make it less about telesales

Rewarding

Senior Recruitment Consultant (Former Employee)
    London, England (UK)

Too Aggressive at times

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more accommodating

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

High earning Potential, Great Sales Training

Recruitment Consultant (Current Employee)
    Chicago, IL

ProsGreat Training. This is a sales company and you are trained in every aspect of sales from lead generation, to business development, to contract negotiation. Many people make a 6 figure salary in less than 2 years. Office plans to double in size this year, then double again next year, and all growth is from within. Every manager came in as a consultant and you don't have to wait until the person above you is promoted in order to get promoted. If you hit the numbers you get the promotion. Fun culture, team atmosphere. Excellent sales training program, consultants learn a lot about the financial domain as well. Lots of team incentive trips, nights out on the company to cubs games and local events.

ConsNone. If you are a hard worker looking for career success there won't be any cons. People have to have a bit of patience, you don't get the 20K paycheck your first month, but if you put in the work there is so much potential to grow and earn

New starter, first impression

Senior Business Manager (Current Employee)
    Chicago, IL

ProsMy experience, having been with the company for a few weeks now, has been a very positive one. The company is well established and has a huge amount of infrastructure, support, and training available. The staff have all been extremely welcoming, as well as showing that they are highly competent in their respective markets. There is a great atmosphere in the office, which creates a fun working environment in which there is a definitely a work hard, play hard approach to recruitment. There are significant perks to the job which include annual incentives, with trips to Vegas and Miami this year for example, as well as the opportunity to visit some of the most exclusive restaurants in Chicago via the 'Lunch Club' incentive scheme. The thing I like the most is the fact this is a shining example of a meritocracy. Staff can join and get multiple promotions within months depending entirely on said person's performance. There aren't many companies out there that can provide a clear path to six figure salaries/significant management responsibility in such a short space of time. I've worked for other recruitment companies in the past, but this is far and away the best I have experienced.

ConsNone as of yet, fingers crossed there aren't any!

Fantastic company to work for...

Chicago, IL

ProsCareer Progression - its a meritorcracy and for someone who is prepared to work hard that is an amazing thing! I've never had to wait long for my next promotion for this exact reason.
    Comp - linked to performance so I've seen my comp grow year on year
    Personal Development - formal in-house training, mentoring opportunites, external training
    Fun - it never gets old - company trips to Miami, Vegas, team building events etc

ConsPersonally I love it here so have no complaints. Everyone is a hard worker so if you are lazy or have a sense of entitlement then this definitely would not be the place for you.

Advice to Senior ManagementThis is a great company - please continue to evaluate future employees on their drive, determination and work ethic so we can continue to build our amazing culture

Very Bad Experience working with Huxley more than 2 and half year

Software Engineer (Former Employee)
    Jersey City, NJ

ProsI do not see any good things to say about this company

ConsWorking as contractor they sub lease your contract to other company.
    Do not pay your unemployment Insurance.
    Make tax deduction for NYC if you are working in other state.
    I will not recommend anyone to work for this company.. They play around to save the taxes.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay your Taxes as per state rules.

Work Hard, Play Hard

Recruitment Consultant (Former Employee)
    Chicago, IL

ProsHuxley, like most recruitment companies has a unique culture. If you put in the time you can be successful and there is money to be made. You will succeed here if you like to go out, have a good time and believe in their system.

ConsLong hours. May be working on a market that is not as lucrative even if you put in the work.

One size fits all approach. Different management styles work for different people.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake retention a priority, figure out what each employee needs.

Zero Integrity, Micro-management, Revolving Door

Senior Recruitment Consultant (Former Employee)
    Chicago, IL

ProsGreat peers. Hypothetically - if you are a top performer - you could relocate offices/countries and earn a lot of money.

Cons- Expect to be managed by PHDs (Poor, Desperate, Hungry) with no vision nor strategy.
    - Expect to be micro-managed and pressured into favoring quantity over quality
    - Expect favoritism, bullying, and complete lack of integrity in treatment of employees, candidates and clients.
    - Expect to work a minium of 60+ hours a week for a meager base compensation, whilst only top 5% performers earn big cash
    - Expect extremely high turnover, this place is a revolving door.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet an education.

Fast-paced, fun-people, many rewards, interesting clients and candidates.

Recruitment Consultant (Current Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsDefinitely opportunities for making some good money if you can excel as a recruiter. This is a sales job so do not mistake it as nothing else. The fun party about this sales job is that your products are other human beings who all have good stories. It is a game of chess finding the right candidate to match a particular position. The environment is young and fun. There are penty of incetives for those that can produce. From monthly outings to trip to Las Vegas and Miami.

ConsYou will be on the phone at least 4 hours a day - trying to find the right candidate, talking to clients, finding new clients, setting up interviews, etc. If you can't handle deadlines, sales targets, and heavy phone times, then your chances of success are slim.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop saying that the job is easy, if it where, the majority of the recruiters would be Top Billers.

Worked for Huxley Associates? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Huxley Associates reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Huxley Associates CEO Mike Smith. All 39 reviews posted anonymously by Huxley Associates employees.