Hyatt

Updated July 15, 2014
3.8

Hyatt President and CEO Mark S. Hoplamazian
Mark S. Hoplamazian

Pros
  • Hyatt gives great benefits and really care about their employees (in 43 reviews)

• The company tries hard to keep employees happy, and provides fairly good benefits (in 31 reviews)

Cons
  • Poor work life balance, it can bevery hard to make plans around your work schedule (in 30 reviews)

• Extremely long hours hours for a handful of positions (in 51 reviews)

More Highlights

2 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Human Resources

Former Employee - Human Resources Generalist in Carlsbad, CA
    Former Employee - Human Resources Generalist in Carlsbad, CA

I worked at Hyatt full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Hyatt truly cares about its employees. I felt this from the corporate office to the HR team on site. They understand that importance of employee engagement and work towards increasing these rates. The customer experience is dependent on this. The benefits were great. Hyatt offers hotel discounts and complimentary rooms. This is something that other hotel chains are no longer offering.

Cons

The team I worked on was understaffed for over 1 year. I worked a lot of overtime and learned much more than I would have otherwise. In the end I am not so sure it was a bad thing.

Please continue offering comp rooms. This is such a perk for all staff form valet to executives. It is appreciated and something everyone enjoys. Town hall meetings are also helpful and an overall best practice. Communicate to staff the initiatives, goals, and direction for the hotel occasionally. This will only help them align their work with these larger goals.

Good pay and benefits. Management need some training.

Former Employee - Housekeeping in Carlsbad, CA
    Former Employee - Housekeeping in Carlsbad, CA

I worked at Hyatt full-time (less than an year)

Pros

They offer very good pay and benefits. The hours are consistent and they feed you when you are at work (very delicious food)

Cons

It's a very fast-paced work environtment where sometimes you end up paying for other people's mistakes and have to take it with a smile on your face. I particulary had horrible supervisors in the Aviara Resort in San Diego, CA.

Don't give peple management positions if they don't show basic people skills.