Hyatt Reviews

Reset
4.6
Hyatt President and CEO Mark S. Hoplamazian
Mark S. Hoplamazian

Pros
  • From the great benefits to the investment on professional growth of their associates Hyatt values their most important asset:it's employees (in 43 reviews)

• Free Hotel rooms throughout the company and good benefits (in 31 reviews)

Cons
  • Managers are not considerate of work life balance (in 30 reviews)

• Hospitality industry is hard long hours (in 51 reviews)

If you are looking to travel and build your managerial skills, Hyatt is a great hotel company to work for!

Former Employee - Assistant Food and Beverage Manager in Huntington Beach, CA
    Former Employee - Assistant Food and Beverage Manager in Huntington Beach, CA

I worked at Hyatt full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Hyatt had a great culture that valued a unique and genuine guest experience in addition to caring deeply about employee satisfaction and happiness in the workplace. The upper management team and the HR team were very creative in their methods to inspire employees to do their jobs in the most sincere and impactful way. Employees were always appreciated and recognized through various work events and awards. I also appreciated that Hyatt is one of the smallest of the large hotel chains, so as a whole the company was more innovative and more capable of implementing new ideas and concepts over a larger scale. There is also a lot of potential for growth as long as you don't mind bouncing around between properties!

Cons

There is a lot of young and hungry management, which is great but it walks a fine line of producing overly worked and exhausted management. For new management, it is not heard of to be working 14 hr days since a lot of us end up wearing a lot of different hats, it becomes difficult to maintain a work/life balance. For the hours and effort put in, there also were not a whole lot of financial incentives such as raises or bonuses. Even promotions came with very unimpressive salary increase. I dismissed this just because I was thankful for the opportunity for the experience. Leadership was always inspiring, but some managers couldn't walk the talk. However, I'm sure this is the case in the majority of large companies. As far as promotions, as I mentioned above, as long as you are willing to pick up and move! I myself had many great opportunities within the one property, however many other colleagues told me Hyatt stood for "Have Your A** There Tomorrow".

Advice to Management

Use your resources! Hotels are like miniature communities and it really pays off to have a friend in every department. One you get to know the property better, and two even if you don't know the answer to something, you will always know who to turn to.

2. Great Experience

Current Employee - Bell Attendant in Huntington Beach, CA
    Current Employee - Bell Attendant in Huntington Beach, CA

I have been working at Hyatt part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good Environment. You're able to meet and speak with people from all over the world.

Cons

Hospitality hours. Possible over-night shifts.

Professional and friendly environment.

Former Employee - Server in Huntington Beach, CA
    Former Employee - Server in Huntington Beach, CA

I worked at Hyatt part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I really enjoyed the friendly atmosphere of this company and the benefits of being employed through this establishment.

Cons

The team work and managment could have been stronger.

Advice to Management

I would probably suggest more team work.

5. Great place to work, ocean views, and amazing employee perks

Current Employee - Server in Huntington Beach, CA
    Current Employee - Server in Huntington Beach, CA

I have been working at Hyatt part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The staff and guests are always pleasant!

Cons

Sometimes there are scheduling conflicts

Advice to Management

N/A

6. Hyatt is a great commpany to work for.

Former Employee - Human Resources Generalist in Huntington Beach, CA
    Former Employee - Human Resources Generalist in Huntington Beach, CA

I worked at Hyatt full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Hyatt is all about associate relations

Cons

This is a Great Company to wrok for!

Advice to Management

Keep doing a great job.

Showing 5 of 1,027 reviews