Hyatt Place

Hyatt Place Reviews

Updated Apr 16, 2014
Hyatt Place – “Galley”

Mark S. Hoplamazian

They will take advantage of you.

Cranberry, PA

I worked at Hyatt Place full-time for more than a year

ProsCo-Workers, scent in the gallery, insurance plan, discounted room benefits, work ambiente

ConsIncompetent Management, inflexible work-times, cronyism, ugly uniforms, terrible scheduling

Advice to Senior ManagementCheck in with your General Managers and see what kind of relationships they have with the people who are supposed to supervise them.
People were treated very unfairly and favoritism towards certain people was so openly displayed that all we could do was quit on the spot. Bonuses were taken away from us according to management coming straight from corporate. Employees soon lost any form of motivation due to this.
Gallery Hosts should not do EVERYTHING. This is also something that will turn away guests when they realize that the Gallery Host who checked them in, then unclogged their toilet will also make their food. I always washed my hands thoroughly and wore two layers of rubber gloves when prepping food, but not even an infinite amount of rubber gloves could make me eat food prepped by somebody who just unclogged a toilet. It is quite frankly disgusting.

My Hyatt Experience

Night Audit (Former Employee)
Florence, KY

I worked at Hyatt Place full-time for more than a year

ProsLarge Company, Job Security-Hyatts are located all over the world.

ConsThe particular Hyatt Place I worked for was awful.
Management had favorites.
Night Shift was not given same opportunities as other.
Lots of Negativity
A few negative employees who bring the team down.
Hyatt is a great company-but Hyatt Place CINZA. Ugh, I had some of THE WORST co-workers ever.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou need to get rid of the negativity. You need to stop allowing so much conflict between employees and feeding into it.

Mnagement wants the staff to do their work, I have never in my life seen lazier, so called management.

Seattle, WA

I worked at Hyatt Place

ProsJust a job, They require more in the interview.

ConsThe guests are very rude, not all. But 95% of the are.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet off your Anus, and for once in your life work in Washington.

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Working at the Hyatt Place has opened me up to many new experiences.

Guest Service/Gallery Host (Current Employee)
Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I have been working at Hyatt Place full-time for less than a year

ProsWhile working at the Hyatt Place, you are never doing just one thing. You are always doing many things and learning new things.

ConsIt seems like nothing at the Hyatt is ever in order.

Advice to Senior Managementget organized.

What too much stress

Boise, ID

I worked at Hyatt Place part-time for more than a year

ProsPay & benefits are good

ConsManagement expects you to be in 5 places at one, job is incredibly stressful since your doing everything, nobody is able to really become an expert in everything since they are required to do badly everything, management hides in their office during busy times when they should be helping their employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop hiding in your office, find ways to make the job less stressful

Gossip Frenzy. Horrible Management. Most Managers Quit within 6 months.

Arizona City, AZ

I worked at Hyatt Place full-time for more than a year

ProsFree Food, Drinks, and pay is slightly better than competition.

ConsA Circus... You are responsible for doing everything. And I mean Everything.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo the right thing.

Jack of All Trades

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Hyatt Place part-time

ProsI wish I had even one positive thing to say about my brief experience with Hyatt Place.

ConsThe biggest con of all was being expected to play every possible role in the hotel. One day I would work the front desk, the next I would be in the kitchen, and then I'd be greeter. Other days I'd drive the shuttle or help the maids clean the rooms. I never felt confident in my abilities to do any of the tasks because of the inconsistency in which I did them. Management was awful. The pay was a joke as well.

Assistant Guest Service manager

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Hyatt Place

ProsBrand, joining training was good.

ConsLong Hours, Unprofessional management, low salary

My experience at Hyatt Place Johns Creek was average, I did not enjoy my employment there.

Duluth, GA

I worked at Hyatt Place

ProsI had the opportunity to meet and work along side of phenomenal people. The hours were convenient with school schedule.

ConsManagement was very politically motivated and bias in the literal sense. Hyatt Place Johns Creek was at times sophomoric.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease ensure that the work environment stays professional.

Better be a Multitasker

Gallery Host (Current Employee)
Chester, VA

I have been working at Hyatt Place part-time for more than a year

ProsNo shortage of hours as a Gallery Host

ConsDepending on the property you are at: lack of help a.k.a. co-workers. There have been plenty of times where I have been the only one at the desk with no housemen, manager, nada. Left to take orders, file maintenance complaints, answer calls, make reservations and bartend. It can be overwhelming at times.

Worked for Hyatt Place? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Hyatt Place reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Hyatt Place CEO Mark S. Hoplamazian. All 27 reviews posted anonymously by Hyatt Place employees.