Hyatt Reviews

• Reston, VA
3.4
Hyatt President and CEO Mark S. Hoplamazian
Mark S. Hoplamazian

1. Great work environment and career path in variety of fields.

Current Employee - Refrigeration Mechanic in Reston, VA
    Current Employee - Refrigeration Mechanic in Reston, VA

I have been working at Hyatt full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great benefits, transferring from a location to another or from a department to another (vast field of careers)

Cons

Lack of training and the mentality of "the best of you are the ones with seniority", rather than the best of you are the ones with skills, knowledge, common sense, professionalism and perfection.

Create a filtration system in our hiring process and evaluate the skills of every associates and value them.

2. Hyatt Regency Reston

Current Employee - Front Desk Agent in Reston, VA

I have been working at Hyatt full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Free Rooms ever year at any 4 star Hyatt or higher up to 12 a year, really a great perk if you are a person who travels. Free lunch every day, while most of the time the food you don't want to touch and I'm pretty sure the place would fail a random health inspection, it does save a lot of money and very convenient when worrying about what food to pack for work is not even a thought. The hours for the most part are flexible and consistent. A great training facility for the individual who wants to gain leadership skills and be promoted.

Cons

like most big box hotels pay isn't the best, the hotel cares more about quantity over quality. Meaning they prefer to cut pay to hire two employees rather then gain one quality employee that will work hard. At the end of the day typical it fills like a place where you over worked and under paid.

3. It's a job, but it could be better.

Current Employee - Front Desk Agent in Reston, VA

I have been working at Hyatt full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Good community, coworkers are tolerable and amicable

Cons

Feel like I can't help guests due to company policy

Don't promise things you can't provide.

5. Good first job

Former Employee - I Held IV Different Positions In Rooms Division in Reston, VA
    Former Employee - I Held IV Different Positions In Rooms Division in Reston, VA

I worked at Hyatt full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

This was actually from 1998-2002, but it was a great experience. I can only imagine its still about the same. Lots of hard work and long, crazy hours but it fostered a good work ethic. Learned lots about excellent guest service and attention to details. There were opportunities for growth if you performed well. I liked the management outings. They really empowered staff to make decisions on the spot for guests without getting immediate approval....you just had to be prepared to justify what you did later to your manager.

Cons

Long, crazy hours...it's a business that never closes. Christmas bonus was pretty small. Guest issues could cause some headaches. You have to work holidays.

Hyatt bell attendant

Current Employee - Bell Attendant in Reston, VA
    Current Employee - Bell Attendant in Reston, VA

I have been working at Hyatt

Pros

-free meals every day worked in the employee cafiteria
    -75% off rooms the first day employeed
    -12 rooms free after one year employeed
    -10 days paid vaication after one year employeed
    -10 days paid sick leave after one year employeed
    -lots of full time position, with flexible schedules
    -tips average 20-40 dollars week days and 90 dollars and up on weekends
    -great health, dental, vision after 90 days
    -what the job may lack in pay it makes up by far in benefits
    -good place over all to work

Cons

-demanding position " required to know local city IN DETAIL , hotel events every day, hotel layout
    -long hours standing

best over-all management team i have work for from the assistant manager- to the general manager. these people really work on the floor and help you at your job. They can be demanding but in a respectiful way. they guide you to make sure you are the best at your job. They really do care that you are successful.

7. Work at Hyatt

I have been working at Hyatt

Pros

The complimentary room for employee is nice, you will get 12 comp per year and also unlimited employee rate room is available. Heath insurance packages are also nice.

Cons

Too bad, even you get 12 complimentary rooms per year but it is very difficult to take the opputurnity
    to use it because they are always lack of people. A lot of turn down in the Hyatt especially at the front desk.

Management are suppose to be well-training and also open minds to employees. Take the responsibilities as much as you can.