Hyatt

Updated September 20, 2014
3.8

Hyatt President and CEO Mark S. Hoplamazian
Mark S. Hoplamazian

Pros
  • Hyatt gives great benefits and really care about their employees (in 37 reviews)

• The company tries hard to keep employees happy, and provides fairly good benefits (in 25 reviews)

Cons
  • Not much work-life balance but that comes with the territory in hospitality (in 27 reviews)

• Extremely long hours hours for a handful of positions (in 47 reviews)

More Highlights

Very nice work environment.

Former Employee - Hostess  in  San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Hostess in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Hyatt part-time for more than a year

Pros

My supervisors were amazing to work with and everyone there was very accommodating with scheduling for school and took my opinions into consideration when I had an issue

Cons

Some of the guests in the hotel weren't the best people to be around
    Not very good starting pay, but just barely enough to make ends meet.

Hyatt Feels Like Family

I have been working at Hyatt

Pros

Hyatt is a company that really takes care of their associates. From the great benefits to the investment on professional growth of their associates Hyatt values their most important asset:it's employees!

Cons

If you want to move up quickly in the company you will have to look at transferring to various properties.

A great place to work. Friendly positive people, outstanding guests, great owner and CEO, great benefits.

Current Employee - Security Officer  in  Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Security Officer in Austin, TX

I have been working at Hyatt full-time for less than a year

Pros

The Company culture is like no other I've experienced. I have never worked at a place with so many positive, upbeat and friendly people. The perks and benefits are great but mostly it's about the people. .

Cons

My particular Hotel is over 35 years old. They have done an excellent job maintaining it but I believe it may be time for a renovation. Good news is I am told that one is scheduled to begin in soon.

Don't change a thing; you're doing great. Thank you.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Company

I have been working at Hyatt

Pros

Very professional and creates an environment to allow Associates to learn and grow in their career goals

Cons

This is a great company

Keep doing the things that keep them an employer of choice

One of the favourite jobs

Current Employee - In Room Dining Cashier  in  Austin, TX
    Current Employee - In Room Dining Cashier in Austin, TX

I have been working at Hyatt full-time for more than a year

Pros

My coworkers were the best part of the job. Hospitality can be a trainwreck, but the people you work with get it and you form a bond because of it. During busy seasons, the money was nice as well. But when it was slow, it was slow. The health benefits and free hotel nights were awesome perks - especially since you get 12 free nights a year. I miss that the most.

Cons

Management didn't know what they were doing and didn't seem to care about anyone but themselves. Many "lower-level" employees have been there higher than most of the managers.

Listen to your employees or at least pretend to. They've got valuable ideas and suggestions that would not only be cost-efficient but make things more efficient.

Great company to work for. They take great care of their employees which creates a positive work environment.

Former Employee - Marketing Intern  in  San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Marketing Intern in San Diego, CA

I worked at Hyatt as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Great compensation and benefits. Awesome work atmosphere and everyone is helpful and caring.

Cons

Hospitality requires long hours and strong people skills.

Best Summer Internship Out There!

Former Employee - Corporate Itern  in  Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Corporate Itern in Chicago, IL

I worked at Hyatt as an intern for less than a year

Pros

While interning at Hyatt Corporate I gained an abundance of business skills and experience which played an integral role in getting a full time position upon graduation. Hyatt makes employees feel important treats everyone with respect and positivity. The energy at the Corporate office is contagious and I would love to return.

Cons

There is a large gap in positions between interns/ assistants and senior management, making it hard to move up in the organization.

Keep doing what your doing, you make employees feel valued and happy employees leads to better work!

Intern

Former Employee - Intern  in  Guangzhou, Guangdong (China)
    Former Employee - Intern in Guangzhou, Guangdong (China)

I worked at Hyatt part-time for less than a year

Pros

Good working environment and friendly employees. The company provides a very clear career path for employees to seek for their future in the hotel.

Cons

The standing culture is too strong in the hotel. Employees are required to stand for their whole working hour, driving employees tired.

Create a better training program for employees and reduce the number of temporary employees. Employee benefit should be increased to better motivate employees.

Fun job in the summer or year round.

Former Employee - Recreation Intern  in  Cedar Creek, TX
    Former Employee - Recreation Intern in Cedar Creek, TX

I worked at Hyatt as an intern for less than a year

Pros

In the recreation department, we had very flexible schedules and a fun team. We implemented and executed a schedule of fun activities for guests and their families. In the evenings, we made and served popcorn and s'mores whir the guests watched an outdoor movie.

Cons

Uniforms, but that is to be expected in the hospitality industry.

Do not underestimate the value of the experienced employees.

Best place to be for hospitality

Former Employee - Concierge  in  San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Concierge in San Diego, CA

I worked at Hyatt part-time for more than a year

Pros

Starting pay is great. Benefits are great and the people are wonderful. You can get promoted within, they offer a training program for those who received their Bachelors so they can become managers at other locations.

Cons

Depending on where you are at. There are some young folks that try to get thier ways in moving up when they don't deserve it. Managers should keep an eye out on an ongoing basis with the staff to ensure that all of them are working hard.

Keep an eye out on those who are hard-workers and that deserve promotions rather than those who get promoted and don't deserve it.

Worked for Hyatt? Contribute to the Community!