Hyatt

Updated March 3, 2015
3.8

Hyatt President and CEO Mark S. Hoplamazian
Mark S. Hoplamazian

Pros
  • Hyatt gives great benefits and really care about their employees (in 43 reviews)

• The company tries hard to keep employees happy, and provides fairly good benefits (in 31 reviews)

Cons
  • Poor work life balance, it can bevery hard to make plans around your work schedule (in 30 reviews)

• Extremely long hours hours for a handful of positions (in 51 reviews)

More Highlights

Sacrifice employees for new management's new staff, will do and say whatever is necessary to accomplish.

Former Employee - Sales Executive in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Executive in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Hyatt

Pros

Offers best vacation ownership with the most flexibilty

Cons

Leadership not in tune with current marketing and selling programs. Live in the past.

Be more truthful with your employees who love working with Hyatt.

THE HYATT IS CHEAP!!

Former Employee - Utility Worker
    Former Employee - Utility Worker

I worked at Hyatt part-time (more than a year)

Pros

The service is at thIs hotel is about as good as you'll find anywhere else.

Cons

The way workers are treated inspires dissent and frequent labor strikes.

ALL attempts to modernize are what's causing the decline in the quality of service.
    The ENTIRE management staff you should leave their positions and get out of the business EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY!!!

Frustrating experience as there is no sense of organization or support from ownership.

I worked at Hyatt full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Beautiful surroundings at the Hyatt Regency Pier 66. Nice staff.

Cons

There is a complete lack of organization , supplies not ordered or counted regularly, no staff training protocol, no clear direction or rules for anything.

Consider another line of work or get some training in how to run a business, this is a mess. Over 20 employees walking out in a year is not saying good things about your business.

Let down and disappointed!

Former Employee - Restaurant Server in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Restaurant Server in Denver, CO

I worked at Hyatt full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Hotel room benefits, thats it!

Cons

Dishonest Management, lack of communication, overall lack of appreciation for a hard working employee.

be honest, proper communication with your hard working employees, have an open mind, be more professional,

Company was a complete hindrance to my career, let alone a joke of a professional organization.

Former Employee - Operation Services in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Operation Services in Chicago, IL

I worked at Hyatt full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

While there was a thing or two I liked, the Cons outweigh them to the point that they aren't even worth mentioning. So nothing worth writing in this section

Cons

-Management is completely full of it. They conduct all these surveys and act like they are actively addressing employee morale. They try to not have that "corporate" reputation and they are failing miserably. Management acted like they gave a concern about you and your career, but I don't even know if my direct manager knew what I was doing on any given day. I felt I was more qualified to do the job. Also, the people I directly worked for didn't even conduct my performance reviews. It was conducted by upper management, who saw < 10% of my work.
    -The company is highly disorganized. I proposed to go paperless and that was shot down. The database software they run doesn't even work half the time. My manager didn't even know how to use it, and he would consistently ask me about it. Kind of pathetic that management of a multinational corporation can't even generate a simple report.
    -Absolutely no room for growth. You will hear them preach to the choir about opportunity this, opportunity that, but the fact of the matter is you are stuck in the same role and there is nothing that can be done about it. They do not create positions, change roles around, or create chances for employees to get experience in other areas. More of a boring, redundant job than a career
    -Communication is a serious problem. The hotels and corporate office are completely dysfunctional, meaning neither party knows what the other needs to get his/her job done successfully.

Get a clue. Employees are quitting left and right

Outdated

Current Employee - Convention Services Manager
    Current Employee - Convention Services Manager

I have been working at Hyatt full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The staff at these hotels (outside of management) are amazing.

Cons

Management is not truly monitored and the turnover rate is astronomical for a reason.

Company gone public and lost its values

I worked at Hyatt

Pros

You can find a Hyatt everywhere

Cons

Mistreatment, long work hours , no transfers or promotions unless you are a good looking girl

Try other companies

Circus-like environment at The Driskill
    BIG disappointment

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I worked at Hyatt full-time (less than a year)

Pros

a pretty physical environment because it is a historic hotel

Cons

High turnover throughout entire hotel. Also, working for managers who do not know what they are doing. as if this is their first rodeo, and in a lot of their cases, it actually is because Hyatt promotes inexperienced employees to be managers who dont know what they are doing and who ending up failing. Really juvenile atmosphere. Bad managers, an even worse leadership team who are supposed to be a source of inspiration, but who are actually very disappointing because they are narrow minded and cannot think outside themselves long enough to have a vision.

Consider LISTENING to others, developing yourselves before you think you can develop others, you are doing a lousy job and ruining what used to be a great propery. Seems like everyone in town is under the impression the hotel is on a downslide.W

Hyatt Response

Oct 20, 2014Director of Recruiting

W, as the General Manager of The Driskill, I wish to thank you for taking time to provide feedback. I take your comments as a priority. As a leader at The Driskill, I am sorry that your ... More

Plenty of work, poor pay

I have been working at Hyatt

Pros

I enjoyed meeting new people and interacting with them. I received benefits and discounts. I enjoyed the busy atmosphere when I had a strong staff working.

Cons

Advancement here is a joke. They wouldn't let me be a manager because I was in school. I only received a $0.90 raise after working there two and a half years and worked really hard. If you want to make a living, do not work here. Management is always changing and they typically write you up for menial things. If you need a second job it would be perfect but as a primary forget it. This place pays pennies.

Stop overreacting about the smallest stuff and compliment people on their accomplishments. Stop belittling people and help out. It's okay for a manager to pick up a broom or mop once in awhile. Humble yourselves!

eventful

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Jersey City, NJ
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Jersey City, NJ

I worked at Hyatt full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

the pros of working at the Hyatt regency jersey city is being your own manager handling guest relation issues.

Cons

The management staff depend on the employees to do their job

upper management didn't care about their employees and safety