Hyatt

www.hyatt.com

Very natural outlook on this company

I have been working at Hyatt

Pros

Being able to work with guest face to face on a regular basis.

Cons

The staff and Management are always very helpful in training and development

Great company to work for- need more efficient change in management period

Former Employee - Front Desk Agent in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Front Desk Agent in Houston, TX

I worked at Hyatt

Pros

Great benefits - 12 Free nights with other Hyatt properties within a year and discounted rates.
    People - the managers were great to work with

Cons

During my time there, we had transitioned three different managers due to some issues that arose within our property. These transitions sparked dissatisfaction among the employees causing many to quit.

Change of management turnover is high
    bad work life balance, scheduling was inconsistent
    long hours with not enough pay or appreciation

Good Benefits but hard to move up.

I have been working at Hyatt

Pros

Great discounts for hotels and for friends and family

Cons

Unless you get in to the CMT program, its near impossible to move up. Management only looks after themselves and won't put your best interest at heart.

Stay true to your word

Hyatt is a big place with small minds...

I worked at Hyatt

Pros

Good and widespread locations

Cons

Difficult management that does not think out of the box or go with the ever changing world especially in relationship to technology

Please move with the times

don't get sucked in

I have been working at Hyatt

Pros

Ability to advance from within

Cons

-Little to no formal training upon being hired
    -Thrown to the wolves to "figure it out on your own by trial and error" (sink or swim philosophy)
    -Upper management doesn't practice what they preach

Pay employees more in order to retain good employees

Hated it.

Former Employee - Cashier/Room Service Server in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Cashier/Room Service Server in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Hyatt

Pros

I enjoyed the coworkers in my department.

Cons

Upper management is horrible, they stick together and are very biased. I felt there was no room for growth, there's a very high turnover rate which obviously speaks volumes. Pay is horrible and you work like crazy.

Recruit new management.

If you are looking to travel and build your managerial skills, Hyatt is a great hotel company to work for!

Former Employee - Assistant Food and Beverage Manager in Huntington Beach, CA
    Former Employee - Assistant Food and Beverage Manager in Huntington Beach, CA

I worked at Hyatt full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Hyatt had a great culture that valued a unique and genuine guest experience in addition to caring deeply about employee satisfaction and happiness in the workplace. The upper management team and the HR team were very creative in their methods to inspire employees to do their jobs in the most sincere and impactful way. Employees were always appreciated and recognized through various work events and awards. I also appreciated that Hyatt is one of the smallest of the large hotel chains, so as a whole the company was more innovative and more capable of implementing new ideas and concepts over a larger scale. There is also a lot of potential for growth as long as you don't mind bouncing around between properties!

Cons

There is a lot of young and hungry management, which is great but it walks a fine line of producing overly worked and exhausted management. For new management, it is not heard of to be working 14 hr days since a lot of us end up wearing a lot of different hats, it becomes difficult to maintain a work/life balance. For the hours and effort put in, there also were not a whole lot of financial incentives such as raises or bonuses. Even promotions came with very unimpressive salary increase. I dismissed this just because I was thankful for the opportunity for the experience. Leadership was always inspiring, but some managers couldn't walk the talk. However, I'm sure this is the case in the majority of large companies. As far as promotions, as I mentioned above, as long as you are willing to pick up and move! I myself had many great opportunities within the one property, however many other colleagues told me Hyatt stood for "Have Your A** There Tomorrow".

Use your resources! Hotels are like miniature communities and it really pays off to have a friend in every department. One you get to know the property better, and two even if you don't know the answer to something, you will always know who to turn to.

Hyatt Austin

Current Employee - Catering Administrative Assistant in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Catering Administrative Assistant in Austin, TX

I have been working at Hyatt full-time (more than a year)

Pros

True sense of team work/family, health benefits, complimentary rooms at other Hyatt properties, growth from within, open door policy, annual training, team building retreats

Cons

People will say that Hyatt underpays to make up for their awesome benefits, which I can see. The issue is the work load placed on hourly associates for the amount they are paid. I wouldn't be asking for more money on top of my benefits because I just want more money, my argument is that I am doing essentially the same work as your manager but getting literally half the pay. I love the trust and responsibility, but I feel I should be getting paid for the work I'm doing. Training could also use some attention as well.

Fair Pay.

Prep /pantry cook

I have been working at Hyatt

Pros

I love making a meal and the quest appreciate your services

Cons

Maybe a quest ask for a meal and when they received it they changeover mind and want something else

Just love and appreciate your job and have fun with it

Any manager position

Current Contractor - Any Managegment Position in Orlando, FL
    Current Contractor - Any Managegment Position in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Hyatt as a contractor (more than 10 years)

Pros

have over 20 years of management experience in restaurant/bar/hotel/retail/design

Cons

I don't recalled having any cons

Work with your employees