Hyatt Reviews

Reset

Good Company, Poor work/life balance

Current Employee - Event Sales Manager in Lahaina, HI
    Current Employee - Event Sales Manager in Lahaina, HI

I have been working at Hyatt full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great Benefits, opportunities for advancement and perks

Cons

Poor work/life balance for salaried management

2. Horrible Management, Horrible Staff

Former Employee - Restaurant Server in Rosemont, IL
    Former Employee - Restaurant Server in Rosemont, IL

I worked at Hyatt full-time (More than a year)

Pros

1. The tips 2. The guests

Cons

1. Red Bar Management 2. Red Bar Staff (except for some of the Bartenders - some of them are actually kind - and Mr. Lee is such a humble and quiet man).

Advice to Management

Get out of management and stay out of management.

3. Overall good company

Pros

Great benefits and staff is friendly.

Cons

management needs improving. micro managed.

5. Cocktail Server

Former Employee - Cocktail Server in Incline Village, NV
    Former Employee - Cocktail Server in Incline Village, NV

I worked at Hyatt part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I worked in the Grand Lodge Casino at the Hyatt Regency Lake Tahoe. The money was really good. I personally got along with all of my coworkers who became a family to me. Usually it was a really fun atmosphere to work in and most of the locals that visit are wonderful.

Cons

There were four different food and beverage managers in the three years that I worked there. We had countless assistant managers, most of which was their first time in a management role so they were clueless. The managers treat the casino like a red-headed step-child (sorry for the cliche). There was a lot of drama between my coworkers. Sometimes we had to deal with angry drunks or mean customers.

Advice to Management

COMMUNICATION is key! If you say you're going to do something, DO IT! Don't hang on to the girl that calls in all the time and let go of one of your best, most dependable workers...

6. IT

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Hyatt full-time

Pros

Emphatic leadership, but all talk and no walk. Certain areas of the company have very smart architects and engineers, but they're surrounded by very incompetent people.

Cons

Senior management in technology has absolutely no plan and no ability to follow through on it. They've built up an organization in-house, spouting improvements and consolidation, only to stay with the same processes and fragmentation. We understand that change management is hard - but they're really, really bad at it. Half the staff is mortified of change and most projects are sitting on technology decades old (and they're resolute in their resistance to any changes to them... even for getting documentation in a single space). The other half is so far ahead of the company that they're bored and restless - it's only a matter of time until they leave.

Advice to Management

Get your stuff together fast, or your best employees will leave, and you'll be left with the same junk projects and people you've been hired to phase out.

7. Overall Satisfied! No other Hotel Brand for me!

Pros

Ability to progress, ability to transfer between properties/locations, cross-training for career advancement, strong benefits package for Hotel industry, a "small" company (compared to others in Hotel industry), innovative and creative community

Cons

Less options for job transfers than larger chains.

8. Good Place to Work

I worked at Hyatt full-time

Pros

The Hyatt is well staffed and innovative. They are always looking for ways to stay a step ahead of the competition.

Cons

Due to the small portfolio, it can sometimes be a challenge finding new opportunities at the top. You may need to go international to find the next best position.

Advice to Management

Continue to encourage your employees to by giving them the opportunity to learn and grow int he company by showing them that the opportunities still exist and that there is movement available.

9. Front Desk Clerk

Former Employee - Front Desk Clerk in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Front Desk Clerk in Tampa, FL

I worked at Hyatt full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun place to work, the company hires great people to work with. Free lunch at some properties. Fairly flexible with requested vacation days.

Cons

Can work very long hours including overnights, weekends, and holidays. Low pay.

10. Great environment

Pros

Great people to work with, carrying corporate structure. Every day there are hundreds of people working together to tackle the massive task of accommodating the hotel's 650 guests. Excellent benefits and room to grow

Cons

Can be extremely busy, during the busier times of the year (season) one can feel stretched thin. It can be hard to move up in the company without being willing to relocate or change venues.

11. OK place to work

Current Employee - Breakfast Attendant
    Current Employee - Breakfast Attendant

I have been working at Hyatt part-time

Pros

Great benefits for full time workers

Cons

Every hotel is different, but moving up the ladder would be an overall con. If you are not willing to travel then it may be hard to advance in this company.

Advice to Management

Listen to the employees! They are the first ones to deal with any concerns that a guest may have, which could help the company.

Showing 979 of 1,026 reviews