Hydrogen Group plc Reviews

Reset
3.5
Hydrogen Group plc Chief Executive Officer Ian Temple
Ian Temple

Pros
  • Good training and very good Learning and Development team (in 5 reviews)

• good location in the city, some great people who are very good at what they do, good training (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance is appalling relative to other companies (in 8 reviews)

• Average performance is now an accepted norm which is not very inspiring and people aren't earning very much for the long hours they do (in 7 reviews)

So much better now. As it should be.

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Hydrogen Group plc (More than 3 years)

Pros

I joined Hydrogen a long time ago and have stuck by the firm over the last 12 months when things were not what they should be. Now we have a great group of guys and girls. Ops and sales all sat together and socialising, fantastic feel on the floor. All of us in it together. No more ivory towers senior management. Ian comes and has a chat with is all regularly. Considering he's not a natural extrovert this gets him maximum respect from us. Truly a great place to work right now. I wouldn't even think about going to another firm. I feel sorry for the ones who did and are now finding it tough (you know who you are). If I was an external investor I would buy Hydrogen stock now. It's going to up real soon.

Cons

It's been a tough 12 months but the buzz in the office now is as good as you can get. The past is the past though right? The hours still need to be looked at for sales staff. Don't burn us out!

Advice to Management

Keep doing EXACTLY what you are doing. Get to know us all and involve us in the company strategy.

Moving on Up

Current Employee - Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Consultant in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Hydrogen Group plc full-time

Pros

Great team members! working with senior members of the team to help understand the market better showing what you can achieve here at Hydrogen. The training has also been excellent, from our learning and development team to members of my individual team helping you identify ways to improve to ensure a clear career progression is put in place... in a fun but hard-working environment!

Cons

Past experience, some management decisions were questionable, and therefore I felt I was maybe kept 'in the dark' about what was happening but after some internal moves we seem to be moving in the right direction! eg.. monthly wrap ups within the team informing all team members what is happening not only in individual teams but also within the whole company.

Advice to Management

Keep everyone up to date with what is happening within the Company and after Cancun can NewYork be the next incentive?! :)

The madness is over. Thank god.

Current Employee - Principal Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Principal Consultant in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Hydrogen Group plc full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great teams, great proposition, strong management (especially after the announcement this week - June 1st 2015). Excellent consultants who care. Now has a more mature environment and is so much better for it. New CEO is what we need.

Cons

Had a really tough time over the last 12 months and we lost some good people because of it. It's a real shame.

Advice to Management

DO NOT REPEAT 2014's DECISIONS!!!

Very Good Company!

I have been working at Hydrogen Group plc full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I honestly do not get the bad reviews! I've worked at Hydrogen for 4 years and I can say its honestly a very good place to work. Sure a lot has changed but everything that has changed has been for the best. The company clearly has a vision and is doing everything to support the staff to be as successful as they can be. Ian Temple (CEO) is often walking the sales floor paying an interest in how things are going and being very approachable for advice. The work mentality is mature, not forcing KPI’s down people’s throats but supporting and trusting in you to do well. I have had one of the best quarters I’ve had in 4 years and looking around so have a lot of other consultants. I’ve also recently enjoyed another quarterly top billers lunch, which was a brilliant afternoon out of the office. This was something I achieved through the companies recognition of my work outside of billing, such as; winning new clients and helping train some of the junior consultants. I’ve also been promoted and I know I am not alone as there are constant stories of promotions, showing that there are huge opportunities here. I work amongst some of the best consultants I’ve seen in my career, and the culture is just as good as it was when I first joined in June 2011. There is a really healthy competitive environment, not only in my team and practice but across all practices.

In 4 years, I’ve made a lot of friends and many are still here. I am choosing to stay because I believe in the direction of Hydrogen and so far I can 100% say that I made the right decision.

Cons

There are no real major cons at Hydrogen, as many of the experienced consultants who have joined us often say that they wouldn't work any where else and I think that says a lot. If I have to make a comment then I’d say that Hydrogen’s previous grad schemes’ basic pay weren't something to scream about. But, it’s up to you to put your head down and grab the opportunities when they are presented to you.

Advice to Management

Encourage more cross business integration through mentoring across all practice areas.

A great home for ambitious recruitment professionals

Former Employee - Team Leader in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Team Leader in London, England (UK)

I worked at Hydrogen Group plc full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Entrepreneurial spirit. Management are not afraid to really back top performers and a completely meritocracy culture.

Highly rate new CEO

Client and candidate focused and not KPI for KPI sake

Good commission structure for high performance

Strong team ethic and very little ego centric recruiters

Great fun. Various incentives, people generally make close friends during their time here and it is in general a very welcoming and warm company

Cons

CRM still needs a lot of tweaking

Senior management trying to change / implement too many things at once with little follow up or purpose

Lack of structured personal development plans, especially for experienced staff

Advice to Management

Focus on what you are good at

Listen and ask the right questions to all levels of staff

Further investment into marketing and L&D

Be harder on disengaged employees

A company with structure and vision. Great workplace!

I have been working at Hydrogen Group plc full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I was headhunted into Hydrogen. What impressed me from day one was that unlike the other recruitment companies I have worked for, Hydrogen did not oversell and underdeliver. It was rather the opposite. They have stuck to their word and from day 1 they have worked with me towards achieving my career goals.

This is a highly ethical recruitment business with structure and vision and although we may make some mistakes, they are always for the better.

When I look at some of the cowboys out there, it makes me feel proud I work for Hydrogen.

Cons

Working hours are longer than industry standard.

Advice to Management

Put more team based incentives in place.

Great opportunity (for those who want it)

I have been working at Hydrogen Group plc full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Taking ownership of your own work is encourage, leading to the opportunity to develop accounts
    - Strong team culture and friendly environment
    - Fair holiday allowance (increasing with service)
    - Support and advice available when required
    - Good Learning & Development Manager who is very approachable and creates bespoke course on request
    - Clear communication from Senior Management
    - Great environment to learn
    - Ethical workplace
    - Comfortable chairs!

Cons

- Database compliance can be slack, more onus should be placed on consultants to keep up to date
    - Contracted working hours are the longest I've come across in the industry

Advice to Management

- More focus on team based incentives

Great place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Hydrogen Group plc full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Outstanding culture - even on the worst days (which are rare) I enjoy coming to work here. My colleagues are friendly, supportive, and generally good fun to be around
    Good commission scheme for strong performers, and a totally transparent formula so you always know where you stand
    Good reputation in the market and generally one of the more successful agencies in our sector
    Hydrogen was my first "proper" job after university, and it's allowed me to build the foundations for what I hope will be a successful career, and earn great money while I'm still young enough to enjoy it, and buy my own flat in London within 3 years of joining

Cons

Basic salaries are on the low side, however the strong commission scheme more than makes up for this

Advice to Management

The company has gone through a few changes over the last few months, but stick with it and help us to move forwards.
    Try not to lose the culture and feel that makes this such a great company to work for.

Tough times, but coming back stronger

Current Employee - Team Leader in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Team Leader in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Hydrogen Group plc

Pros

There have been a number of changes at the company over the past 12 months, but this has created a much leaner company full of top quality recruiters with clear career paths in an environment which offers numerous opportunities as the company is now in heavy growth mode.
    It now has the right people in the right roles (the new CEO is a breath of fresh air), in the right markets and has embarked on it's next stage of development.
    IF you've got the stomach for it, you will fly.

Cons

The environment has become more demanding now as the quality and results per head has increased. Not a place for someone who wants to hide.
    Also, not for the change-averse. Hydrogen will make the changes they feel need to be made.

Advice to Management

Keep the promises made to your employees and the results will continue to improve

Excellent company with great opportunity

Current Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Hydrogen Group plc full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Great talent across all teams
    - Lots of backing for growth, development and to develop your desk
    - Tight teams
    - Some very positive changes recently in senior management
    - I have been here for over a year now and I can honestly say joining Hydrogen has been a great decision

Cons

- It's sad to see that there are consultants in the company that do not appreciate the opportunity on offer

Advice to Management

- Very pleased with the new CEO!

RSS Feed </> Embed