Hypertherm

Hypertherm Reviews

Evan Smith

Great place to work!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Lebanon, NH

ProsStrong integrity and respect for all associates (flat structure - direct impact daily)
    100% Associate Owned as of January 2014
    Global leader in its technology
    No layoff philosophy
    Laid back, high expectation environment - perfect combination for success
    Positive work life balance
    Strong support for community service, environmental stewardship and wellness

ConsLimited promotional growth opportunities in certain specialty areas.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the course! I am proud and fortunate to work for Hypetherm. Only one of my previous employers leadership team came close to Hypertherm's Sr. Management teams ethical and moral fortitude. It is nice to be part of such a great company.

Hypertherm - a company that has always operated with integrity and kept a strong focus on American-built technology

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Lebanon, NH

ProsWorld leader in its technology (industrial cutting products)
    No layoffs - EVER
    Egalitarian culture, a sense of equality (no offices, not a large focus on titles)
    Strong ethics from the top down
    Forward thinking

ConsConsensus-based culture can often delay decision making.

Advice to Senior ManagementI am proud to work for an organization with a Management Team as ethically sound as Hypertherm's. My hope is that leadership mentality will carry on in future years.

One of the best companies I've ever worked for

ProsEmployee-owned
    Super-competitive wages and benefits
    Interesting technology
    Many opportunities to improve skills and knowledge

ConsSeriously, I have no complaints!

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep focusing on continuous improvement and don't give in to the temptation to be like other corporations with faceless employees

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Fantastic company

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Hanover, NH

ProsContinuous improvement culture.
    Employee ownership.
    Strategic leaders.
    Great products that help individuals and businesses build, grow and become more successful.

ConsStrong interest in Associate development but in recent years insufficient funding for external training and conferences. Organization needs constant influx of new skills and ideas.
    Need to continue to create a greater "accountability culture," both internally and with partners.

Boring and unorganized work experience

Prosreasonable Work and life balance

ConsNot organized works and culture

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter leadership

Positive, engaging culture

Manager (Former Employee) Hanover, NH

ProsEvery associate is highly valued, as flat an organization of this size as you'll find, engaging business challenges to solve, extremely impressive founder and president

ConsNo layoff policy sounds fantastic but can create an insular culture over time

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the genuine focus on associate development!

Great Corporate Culture

ProsProfit sharing is good, the suggestion system is pretty cool

ConsSome people are annoying, happens everywhere though

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing. Not much could be improved upon.

Overwhelming

Prosassociate development and well being
    giving back to society through community service, staying green and efficient
    makes great products

ConsLots of reports, planning and meeting so leaving little time to actually "work"
    Trying to be efficient so lots of work loaded on every individual which can get stressful

Advice to Senior ManagementHad great products and service support for the customers that really helps the company lead the market in plasma cutting.

i used to love my job , now its very overwhelming

Mechanized Team (Current Employee)

Prosprofit sharing and health benefits

Consdifferent areas have different rules, example planned time off , and unplanned time off

Silos in operation....

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Hanover, NH

ProsDecent salary.
    Decent management attitude toward work/life balance.
    Nice area.

ConsDepartments/sections are segregated in attitude and cooperation. Non-departmental managers try to dictate to associates in other departments.
    Work proceeds in silos, and attempts to get necessary information can be seen as intrusive.
    Quite a bit of "territorialness" in managers, as in most US corporations, unfortunately.
    Engineers haughty toward non-engineers doing technical work.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop concentrating on community happiness, and work toward improving associate happiness. Make promotion opportunities more transparent, in terms of not having to be politically connected to someone, or in general a suck-up.

Worked for Hypertherm? Contribute to the Community!