Hyundai Power Transformers USA Reviews

1. service advisior

Current Employee - SERVICE ADVISOR in Australia Landing, MS
    Current Employee - SERVICE ADVISOR in Australia Landing, MS

I have been working at Hyundai Power Transformers USA

Pros

i have interested in automobile jobs

Cons

hyundai is very big company in wold level

Advice to Management

very good job

2. Awful working environment

Former Employee - Specialist in Montgomery, AL
    Former Employee - Specialist in Montgomery, AL

I worked at Hyundai Power Transformers USA

Pros

Slow working speed because of small amount of sales order

Cons

No annual promotion, communication barrier with upper management, no payment for overtime

Advice to Management

Need transparent management

3. Waste of Time. Not worth your gas to come.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Montgomery, AL

I have been working at Hyundai Power Transformers USA full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you're lazy, this is the place to be.

Cons

Laughable low pay,Freeze on raises, & long unnecessary hours. This place is adult daycare.

Advice to Management

I seriously doubt that helpful advice can be given at this point. All the hourly employees are just looking for better paying jobs at this point & really don't care what happens to this company.

5. Working at Hyundai Power Transformers USA has been the highlight of my career.

Current Employee - Specialist in Montgomery, AL
    Current Employee - Specialist in Montgomery, AL

Pros

Excellent Benefits - Some of the best in town - Including straight time over time and a Monthly vested 401k program through The Hartford.

Cons

The transformers market is highly competitive - It is a very narrow market.

6. the only way is the Korean way, dont care what your ideas are,

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Montgomery, AL

I have been working at Hyundai Power Transformers USA full-time (More than a year)

Pros

AIR conditioned building is a plus.

Cons

low pay, long hours and co workers who will throw you under the bus, get in the drivers seat and run you over.

Advice to Management

make quasi managers go to some sort of management school or class.get workers out of poverty level and stop 12 hour shifts. listen to the american workers

Start up company that makes transformers

I have been working at Hyundai Power Transformers USA

Pros

Start up company. Good to start your career to gain experiences in the power industry.

Cons

Pre mature system. Low salary. Micromanagement. You may feel left out. Impossible schedule

Advice to Management

N/a

8. A hourly workers perspective.

Current Employee - Production in Montgomery, AL
    Current Employee - Production in Montgomery, AL

Pros

Decent Benefits. Interesting work with low overall stress. Brand new clean plant. A good group of people and supervisors to work with.

Cons

Low starting wages for the type of work we do. Long hours with manditory Saturdays. No advancement due to a freeze on raises for the year.

Advice to Management

Be honest with your employees. Less micro management.

Hyundai Power Transforemer -New plant- New jobs-New oppertunity

Current Employee - Oppertunity Provider in Montgomery, AL
    Current Employee - Oppertunity Provider in Montgomery, AL

I have been working at Hyundai Power Transformers USA full-time

Pros

In reading the previous review, I must say everyone is welcome to their opinion. Many times we value our contribution higher, than do others that observe us.(Oppertunity vs Entitlement)
    I have a different view. Being an American, my belief is the Korean style management has many of the values I was taught, that made our Country great. Including dedication,hard work, long hours, poductivity, quality,and contuinous improvement. I was taught as a child, to understand, doing a good job was not something extra,it was the minimum expectation of retaining your position. If you are not the best,someone wants your spot. (The same in buisness as in sports) Competation and achievement are valued in our success.
    America, is and has been, land of oppertunity,not entitlement. (People are striving, to be here,come from everywhere in the world)(We are a notion of immigrants) "Seeking oppertunity"
     Oppertunity,comes from our freedom to achieve success, and strive to be the best at what we chose to do. (Or not) Success is not a guarantee,it is something we strive for daily.
    Each day I see team members in all positions, working long hours, diligently striving for success of our company and our team. They dont say, this is not my job, they say how can I help.
    The American way I was taught, is based on achievement, dilligence, quality, innoviation, punctuality, and positive thinking. Success is achieved when the team succeeds.
    Leadership is staying positive , keeping your focus, when those around you do not.
    Everyone want to be a leader,those who achieve this goal have learned, leadership is achieved in staying positive in adverse times. Leaders have this ability.
    In my opinion the American and Korean values are not that much different.
    We use different methods sometimes but we are both dedicated to the success of our company and our Team.

Cons

Our company is a greenfield startup. Those with long term senior experience who have experience other plant start ups understand the many issues this presents. Process must be created, modified, people trained, systems developed, and all while achieving production requirements. Sometimes we focus on ourself, when we must also focus on the bigger picture of company success. Company success relates to team success. The key to success is to stay positive in the face of adversity. This has always made our country great. Our team has this skill and practices this each day.

Advice to Management

We must stay focused on the goal of being the best Transformer manufacturer in America. Competators dont want us to be successful. Our focus and contuined improvement must contuinue on quality,productivity,communication, process, cultural understanding, and training.
    I for one am happy HHI decided to commitment monitary resources, time, planning, training, and a team that lives away from home for years to provide employment oppertunity in Alabama and America. My family as the family of many others are better off for the "oppertunity".

The most unorganized company ever. Hyundai needs to make changes american way "Not" Korean way.

Former Employee - 3-D CAD Engineer in Montgomery, AL
    Former Employee - 3-D CAD Engineer in Montgomery, AL

I worked at Hyundai Power Transformers USA full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Transformer factory 50Mva to 500Mva., New Plant and Clean.

Cons

No structure, No engineering management skills what so ever. Koreans are the worst people to work for ever.
    I'm a design engineer for over 20 yrs and Hyundai management is making me do S.A.P. and if I do not do SAP I will be fired. No salary increase. I never agreed to do this Software.
    No design reviews, no I.C.N. or E.c.N. on million dollar transformers.
    No proper training for american workers in the design group. No respect to the experience I have from other company's I have worked at like ABB, Killark, I've seen over 9 american engineers leave.

Advice to Management

Take the time to get the right Salary to the experienced people. Micro-management will not work.