I.B. Goodman Company Reviews

3 reviews filtered by
4.3
Jonathan Goodman Cohen
1 Rating

1. My experience at I.B. Goodman has been positive and filled with growth.

I have been working at I.B. Goodman Company

Pros

I.B. Goodman is a smaller company so all its employees play a key role. I.B. Goodman fosters teamwork. The management team has an open door policy and welcome ideas for growth and process improvement. I have been with the company 17 years and I consider all my coworkers family. We are a diverse group of individuals but respect others background and culture. I. B. Goodman has made good business decisions which has kept them in business for over 70 years and they continue to grow and evolve.

Cons

I.B. Goodman often has more work than resources to get it done in a timely manner. Sometimes the employees feel underappreciated.

Don't dismiss the professional opinion of the longer tenured employees. In order to evoke sustained change, then one should understand the current process.

Feels Like Home

Former Employee - Marketing Director in Newport, KY
    Former Employee - Marketing Director in Newport, KY

I worked at I.B. Goodman Company full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I.B. Goodman has an incredible staff who is extremely knowledgeable and always willing to help. I relocated to Cincinnati for this role and my co-workers truly became my second family - they supported me both professionally and personally.

I was given strong guidance but also a lot of autonomy to grow in the role. I was encouraged to create customer relationships, to always be creative and resourceful. The company is smaller but doing BIG things which exposed me to a lot of different facets of the business. There is a lot of opportunity for growth at IBG. The only reason I left I.B. Goodman was because my husband received an opportunity out West. I made lasting friendships there and still remain in close contact with many of my co-workers.

Cons

I.B. Goodman is a 75 year old company which means they are sometimes a bit slower to change and evolve. However, leadership does take suggestions very well and is always looking for feedback. Because the company is a bit smaller, there is a bit of pettiness that needs to be overcome but, overall, everyone is supportive and encouraging. There really is a focus on the future and making sure that everyone is properly respected and taken care of.

Be more open. There are many people at the company that are very experienced and have a lot of great, well thought out ideas. I would suggest creating more space and opportunity for them to voice those thoughts. You may have someone amongst you with the next big thing to put IBG on the map.

3. I have the opportunity and support to contribute to a fine company built on three generations of family ownership.

I have been working at I.B. Goodman Company

Pros

The company has an excellent reputation. The company is like a family and everyone is committed. I've been able to experience allaspects of business and allover the world. As a company, we determine our own commercial destiny.

Cons

Sometimes the company is too slow to implement new initiatives. Resources, human and financial, have limitations.

Hire the absolute best talent possible and give them a clear mission.