I-Behavior

Updated December 23, 2014
2.5

Dave DeMarsh
1 Rating

Excellent pay, challenging work, outstanding people.

Former Employee - Software Architect in Louisville, CO
    Former Employee - Software Architect in Louisville, CO

I worked at I-Behavior full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I had the time of my life! My boss explained the destination not the method. Getting there was up to me, my own initiative and determination. This isn't for everyone because latitude in oversight means accountability.

Cons

The company has been in transition since its acquisition by the KBM group (growing up so to speak). Change can be disruptive. But great progress in building infrastructure and in particular management listening to employee feedback and making solid progress to improving the quality (and enjoyment) of the work experience.

Adding an additional management tier (Director of Engineering) was an excellent move. This greatly improved communication and the team's ability to be responsive "in the moment". For "Severity 1" issues continue keeping the focus on getting solutions and moving on ... buying lunches occasionally is a nice perk and also allows engineers to stay heads down during the day and minimizes working after hours. And ... the Unser Racing is awesome (mid level to advanced techies really don't think the "Google foozeball table thingie" makes a difference in the work place).

Like riding a roller coaster

Current Employee - Order Management Specialist in Louisville, CO
    Current Employee - Order Management Specialist in Louisville, CO

I have been working at I-Behavior full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Relaxed environment, plenty of company functions, recognition that everyone works hard and so taking time off is strongly encouraged

Cons

Very limited training/documentation makes being a new person challenging, high-paced industry with lots resulting in constantly changing requirements, need to cross-train more employees

Take the time to document procedures and cross-train employees. Too many instances where problems have arisen because only one person knew how to do a specific job.

I-Behavior Response

Aug 22, 2014Director, HR

Thanks so much for sharing your feedback! Improving the job specific onboarding experience is definitely something we've identified as a focus area. We will continue to work on intra ... More

Favorites based on ceos whims run this company, you have no say

I worked at I-Behavior full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Benefits, people besides management are smart and work hard

Cons

Zero training, zero time to address issues, due to the fastest chaning requirements, and completely unrealistic sprints

Slow the pace of your ideas, they cancelling out the good projects

I-Behavior Response

Sep 2, 2014Director, HR

Thank you for your feedback. We definitely work with great people and we're proud of our benefits program. We'll continue to work on improving training, issue resolution and driving focus in the ... More

Stressful and demoralizing

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Louisville, CO
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Louisville, CO

I worked at I-Behavior full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Compensation is good and they are good with food and fun events. The financial management is good and stable. Great personnel and camaraderie.

Cons

Company relies on long hours and shortcuts to compensate for lack of investment in tools, personnel and training. Very much top-down management by edict, which leaves people scrambling and reactive. Communication is abysmal.

Focus on your employees and not your bonuses, and collaboration over command.

Left out to dry

Current Employee - Business Development in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Business Development in New York, NY

I have been working at I-Behavior

Pros

Most people are likable, and they love to party.

Cons

No training, management unreachable, supervisor more concerned with own commissions not helpfull to team.

Do your job. Be available to team for questions and help. Don't say you are and then never available. Foster team so they can produce and grow.

Energy draining

I worked at I-Behavior

Pros

Compensation was very fair for the work compared to competition. Good, smart people. Products seem to be keeping up with the competition.

Cons

Benefits are lacking. Energy draining environment. Depressing. CEO doesn't seem to really understand the business or have the drive to grow it.

Need to spend some time and money on Employee morale. Share the long term plan with the employees as there doesn't seem to be one.