I.E.A. Reviews

CEO

1. Operator

Former Employee - Heavy Equipment Operator in Centennial, CO
    Former Employee - Heavy Equipment Operator in Centennial, CO

I worked at I.E.A. (More than a year)

Pros

Company treats their workers right

Cons

Travel to the middle of nowhere

Advice to Management

None

2. No accountability for poor performance

Former Employee - Manager
    Former Employee - Manager

I worked at I.E.A. full-time

Pros

Hard working hourly employees, high quality product. Hourly workers have a very good ability to deal with constantly changing priorities.

Cons

Constantly changing priorities due to management's lack of planning and organization. Senior management allows poor performance from middle management and almost encourages lackluster performance by avoiding confrontation and their unwillingness to make changes to failing departments. Inconsistent HR and employee review policies.

Advice to Management

USE KPI data to your advantage and realize that poor performance needs to be corrected by changing processes or people. The CEO/owner needs to get back in touch with daily operations and understand that being on the premises 24 hours per week is not helping, everyone on the shop floor notices that the light isn't on.

3. Good learning environment but should be used as a stepping stone. These guys don't care about you no matter what.

Former Employee - Welder in Kenosha, WI
    Former Employee - Welder in Kenosha, WI

I worked at I.E.A. full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Pay was half decent, not great. Co workers were OK most of the time. Offered quarterly bonuses at one point. Christmas bonus, Eben thought its small its better than nothing. Learned a lot.

Cons

Insurance sucks. 401k sucks. Management is mostly garbage. No appreciation for good work.. Pay should be better for welders.

Advice to Management

Get management with a combination of education and experience. The managers either have no clue what they're doing or are dumb as rocks.

I.E.A., Inc. was a great place to work

Former Employee - Supervisor in Kenosha, WI
    Former Employee - Supervisor in Kenosha, WI

I worked at I.E.A. full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Owners were very caring of their employees, had a family-like attitude towards them. Sales Representative worked hard to bring in business which allowed the company to grow. Owners were willing to listen to ideas, and were not there to build their ego. Company ratings refer to I.E.A., Inc. not the new LLC

Cons

Company was sold and a new company was formed under new owner

Advice to Management

New owners: your nose out of the air and walk the walk

RSS Feed </> Embed