IAC

IAC Reviews in New York City, NY

Updated Jul 7, 2014

IAC CEO Greg Blatt

Greg Blatt

Pros
  • There was a great work/life balance and true feeling of appreciation for employees(in 9 reviews)

• Great people, good benefits, and the most beautiful building in Chelsea(in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Not a lot of room for growth; senior management is out of touch with the office; promotions are based on favoritism; compensation is not competitive(in 7 reviews)

• in addition, there continues to be a huge lack of communication between different teams(in 4 reviews)

43 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great company!

Product Intern (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsCasual environment, lots of opportunity for growth, mobility between all the subsidiaries, basically no dress code, good location in Chelsea

ConsSometimes too casual, a lot of young people that don't necessarily seem to be dedicated employees, some companies go flop within IAC because it funds a lot of internet brands

Large company/small company dichotomy is great; Health coverage is comparatively bad

Software Engineer (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsI love the model of a large company which owns several small companies (one of which, I work for) because you get the small company feel with the big company security.

ConsIf you're not on the west coast IAC's Aetna PPO is pretty horrible compared to others in the same industry. $300 deductible and 15% coinsurance! I've never before had a deductible or coinsurance under any company-provided health insurance in my long carrer. This is something you should strongly consider when making the decision to work for an IAC company if you will not be based on the west coast.

Advice to Senior ManagementSimple: give us a better health insurance option.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Cool company, decent benefits

Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) New York, NY

Prosvery cool headquarter building in nyc

ConsI was working for an internal start up that failed, never had a clear business strategy or direction

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Review of IAC (Located in Chelsea Piers on the west side of Manhattan)

Staff Accountant (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsWork/life is highly valued at the company. Happy hours every two weeks are nice too. The employees are extremely friendly, and it has a very diverse group of people. They also throw an amazing Christmas party, and the building is really cool.

ConsLocation in Chelsea Piers is highly inaccessible. Living outside of the city makes the commute a hell. Bad weather will ruin your already miserable commute.

The opportunities at IAC are amazing.

Vice President (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsExposure to many brands and business models. Constant opportunity to learn and advance. You're never bored. Highly intelligent and experienced execs.

ConsThere's some degree of hubris because people are in close proximity to the star power of Barry Diller, but it's manageable and nothing more than at any other public company.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work.

Love coming to work every day

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsI really do love coming to work every day. Great people, good benefits, and the most beautiful building in Chelsea! Perks include: endless amount of free snacks, coffee, soda, juices, etc., bring your dog to work day, free bikes, a locker room with showers, parties and happy hours.

Yes, it's a little far from the subway, but it's such a fun area!

The company has a great reputation and offers career growth - most people stay here for a while.

ConsHard to think of any. Since the building is shared by several IAC companies, I wish there was more communication between all the different business units.

Love working here

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) New York, NY

Pros-Beautiful offices with great perks
    -Feels like a startup, with all the benefits of a big company - the best of both worlds really..
    -Good work-life balance.
    -The IAC building hosts several IAC businesses (Vimeo, CollegeHumor, The Daily Beast etc.), which means that you get to run into and work with some amazing people.

Cons-Location - only 3 subway lines, and even those are a 15-min walk
    -Does feel a little too corporate at times, even if you work for one of the smaller businesses (everyone answers to IAC Corporate at the end of the day)
    -Considering how much money Mr. Diller spends on look and feel, he could invest more into health benefits to keep his employees happy. The plans they offer are all expensive and not that great.

Advice to Senior ManagementBy focusing on the big picture, you often miss the details. Talk more to middle management to learn what the real needs of individual employees and departments are.

Challenging, rewarding, exciting place to work

Director of FP&A (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsLarge portfolio of companies, loose governance over individual holdings allows for start up feeling with the comfort of Fortune 100 security.

ConsChanges at the company are often brisk and without warning, so risk averse people might not find the environment palatable. A bit cutthroat at the corporate level

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work.

Great Name- A Little Boring

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsGreat Name for your resume. So many different sites within IAC that there would be possibility to move around if something else interests you.

ConsBoring- a lot of sitting at computers. Interns can go most of the day without talking to anyone. Tasks were really easy too, not challenging or educational. But you are getting paid.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave your interns tackle more challenging projects!

Too bad my department got no respect!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsSmart people, hard working, good benefits, fun location

ConsBad mid-level managers, poor leadership but perhaps too young to handle team management/leadership regardless of smarts

Advice to Senior ManagementReduce the gulf between Barry Diller's lieutenants and the rank-and-file, who, because they are so smart, are adrift there after a year with not much guidance from anyone that could even possibly help

Worked for IAC? Contribute to the Community!