IAC Reviews

Updated September 10, 2014
4.1

IAC CEO Greg Blatt
Greg Blatt

Pros
  • There was a great work/life balance and true feeling of appreciation for employees (in 9 reviews)

• Great people, good benefits, and the most beautiful building in Chelsea (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Not a lot of room for growth; senior management is out of touch with the office; promotions are based on favoritism; compensation is not competitive (in 7 reviews)

• in addition, there continues to be a huge lack of communication between different teams (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

A Great Place To Work

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer  in  Yonkers, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Yonkers, NY

I have been working at IAC full-time for more than a year

Pros

Tremendous benefits, competitive salary, and truly values engineering and innovation

Cons

None really. It's a good place to work. Some areas could be better, but grown ups shouldn't complain about the kind of cookies in the break room.

Take a more active role in the community and improve developer relations

Great company and fun environment

Former Employee - Business Development  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Business Development in New York, NY

I worked at IAC part-time for more than a year

Pros

During my time here, there were a lot of outside events held to create a fun and tightly knit community. It was easy to fit in and I worked with different divisions

Cons

needs more relevant work depending on your job title

Great Entry Level Sales Experience

Current Employee - Inside Sales  in  Golden, CO
    Current Employee - Inside Sales in Golden, CO

I have been working at IAC full-time for more than a year

Pros

Worked for Home Advisor and had a great experience being introduced to inside sales. Recommend it for anyone looking to start their career in this field.

Cons

Would have liked to see more recognition for sales and opportunity for career advancement, unfortunately they seemed a bit bios based when promoting individuals.

Recognize team members based on leadership abilities rather than the clicks they were associated with.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Perks and benefits good-to-great, corp culture meh

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in New York, NY

I have been working at IAC full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I have free parking - in NYC! There are lots of free snacks on every floor, free soda, coffee, etc. Compensation is not bad, although I could be doing better. 401-K matching. Good dental and vision coverage; pretty good medical coverage, and several options. FSA and HSA accounts. Company does an organized volunteer day, health fair days, and blood drives yearly. IAC has a wide array of subsidiary companies, various web properties. Generally good people working at each subsidiary. I've worked at 3 different subs: The company works hard to keep good people here. If they get laid off at one subsidiary, HR tries hard to find a job for them at another.

Cons

The corporate culture, instilled from the top down, is one of competition between subsidiaries. There's a Darwinian survival of the fittest atmosphere. That's great but it engenders no cooperation or synergy. There's a lot of recreating the wheel that goes on, a lot of wasted time, effort, and resources that could be put to such better use. Further, in the larger subs, this culture trickles down and even different units in one subsidiary can find themselves in competition. It's as silly as people from different projects not socializing. People from different companies DEFINITELY don't socialize. This is a really weird, isolating practice that is counterproductive and wasteful. Lastly, on another subject, the vacation policy is VERY stingy. Two weeks per year until you have been here five or even six years, depending on the subsidiary (although some do have an unlimited vacation policy, but none I've worked for).

Consider how much money could be saved by exploiting synergies between companies; by finding ways to cooperatively develop systems that more than one subsidiary company needs; by merging HR functions from all subsidiaries and standardizing HR policies across all of them. Consider how much morale would be improved without this dog-eat-dog mentality coming from the very top down.

Great company!

Former Employee - Product Intern  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Product Intern in New York, NY

I worked at IAC as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Casual environment, lots of opportunity for growth, mobility between all the subsidiaries, basically no dress code, good location in Chelsea

Cons

Sometimes too casual, a lot of young people that don't necessarily seem to be dedicated employees, some companies go flop within IAC because it funds a lot of internet brands

Great company to work for

I have been working at IAC

Pros

Very flexible working environment, wonderful people, multiple subsidiaries you can check out.

Cons

constant change - the company is constantly evolving. You should be able to evolve with it.

Ioved working for this company wish I could go back

Former Employee - Molder  in  Anniston, AL
    Former Employee - Molder in Anniston, AL

I worked at IAC full-time for less than a year

Pros

Hours close to my home

Cons

It's a challenge from day to day

Some things need to change

Large company/small company dichotomy is great; Health coverage is comparatively bad

Current Employee - Software Engineer  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in New York, NY

I have been working at IAC full-time for less than a year

Pros

I love the model of a large company which owns several small companies (one of which, I work for) because you get the small company feel with the big company security.

Cons

If you're not on the west coast IAC's Aetna PPO is pretty horrible compared to others in the same industry. $300 deductible and 15% coinsurance! I've never before had a deductible or coinsurance under any company-provided health insurance in my long carrer. This is something you should strongly consider when making the decision to work for an IAC company if you will not be based on the west coast.

Simple: give us a better health insurance option.

Not a bad inside sales job if you can handle the lack of ethics

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative  in  Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Denver, CO

I worked at IAC full-time for more than a year

Pros

Nice people, decent benefits and hours, ok pay

Cons

Its a tough deal if you are signing on contractors to the network - you can expect to be hearing back from them ... outraged about the quality of the "leads" you are selling them. They sell a lot of bogus leads.

Raise the standards

Great company to work for

I have been working at IAC

Pros

Snacks! Cell phone subsidy! Good management

Cons

None that I can think of

Worked for IAC? Contribute to the Community!