IAC

IAC Reviews

Updated Jul 7, 2014

IAC CEO Greg Blatt

Greg Blatt

Pros
  • There was a great work/life balance and true feeling of appreciation for employees(in 9 reviews)

• Great people, good benefits, and the most beautiful building in Chelsea(in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Not a lot of room for growth; senior management is out of touch with the office; promotions are based on favoritism; compensation is not competitive(in 7 reviews)

• in addition, there continues to be a huge lack of communication between different teams(in 4 reviews)

Great company!

Product Intern (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsCasual environment, lots of opportunity for growth, mobility between all the subsidiaries, basically no dress code, good location in Chelsea

ConsSometimes too casual, a lot of young people that don't necessarily seem to be dedicated employees, some companies go flop within IAC because it funds a lot of internet brands

Great company to work for

ProsVery flexible working environment, wonderful people, multiple subsidiaries you can check out.

Consconstant change - the company is constantly evolving. You should be able to evolve with it.

Ioved working for this company wish I could go back

Molder (Former Employee) Anniston, AL

ProsHours close to my home

ConsIt's a challenge from day to day

Advice to Senior ManagementSome things need to change

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Large company/small company dichotomy is great; Health coverage is comparatively bad

Software Engineer (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsI love the model of a large company which owns several small companies (one of which, I work for) because you get the small company feel with the big company security.

ConsIf you're not on the west coast IAC's Aetna PPO is pretty horrible compared to others in the same industry. $300 deductible and 15% coinsurance! I've never before had a deductible or coinsurance under any company-provided health insurance in my long carrer. This is something you should strongly consider when making the decision to work for an IAC company if you will not be based on the west coast.

Advice to Senior ManagementSimple: give us a better health insurance option.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Not a bad inside sales job if you can handle the lack of ethics

Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) Denver, CO

ProsNice people, decent benefits and hours, ok pay

ConsIts a tough deal if you are signing on contractors to the network - you can expect to be hearing back from them ... outraged about the quality of the "leads" you are selling them. They sell a lot of bogus leads.

Advice to Senior ManagementRaise the standards

Great company to work for

ProsSnacks! Cell phone subsidy! Good management

ConsNone that I can think of

Fun place to work but not longterm

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFun environment - young office; entrepreneurial environment; autonomy on most projects

ConsNot a lot of room for growth; senior management is out of touch with the office; promotions are based on favoritism; compensation is not competitive

Cool company, decent benefits

Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) New York, NY

Prosvery cool headquarter building in nyc

ConsI was working for an internal start up that failed, never had a clear business strategy or direction

Good company with a political environment

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsVery fast paced, competitive, cutting edge

ConsVery political, there is definitely a "show me your face I will show you the rules" attitude

fun, lively atmosphere.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsEveryone at IAC is extremely dedicated to their work ethic. The atmosphere is fun!

ConsThe only con is that you might be eating a lot of junk food, as they have an awesome kitchen packed with snacks.

Worked for IAC? Contribute to the Community!