IAC Search & Media

Not yet rated.

IAC Search & Media CEO Doug Leeds

Doug Leeds

Best job I've had

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at IAC Search & Media full-time for more than a year

ProsThe team I work with is knowledgeable and our work is exciting. I have a lot of input into the direction of our software stack.

ConsWe are located in an office in a very busy part of midtown, which really starts to grate on you after a while. I would prefer it if we were in the IAC building down town.

Interesting properties

Vice President Sales (Former Employee)

I worked at IAC Search & Media full-time

ProsFully staffed with lot's of support

ConsNot profitable enough and too many systems

Good internship program

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at IAC Search & Media

ProsLearned a lot during a summer internship program. Management was very hands off and allows us to be creative in our approach to the problem. Worked on some high profile projects as well.

ConsNot that much employee engagement. Interns didn't know any of the other employees that well.

Fun, flexible but underpaid

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
White Plains, NY

I worked at IAC Search & Media

ProsIf you are just graduating and have some IT skills, these guys may hook you up. They do have good vacation and benefits.

ConsFor experienced people, you'd better look elsewhere if you want market rate. Back end developers are understaffed for this reason, and they just laid off senior front end people, in an effort to replace them with cheaper people (not kidding, layoff was in July and they have ads up everywhere for the same jobs right now). The White Plains office has a highly unfortunate 9-hour work day that should be abolished. So it's 9 - 6 (with an hour lunch).

Advice to Senior ManagementMake it a 40 hour work week, not 45 hour. And maybe you'd attract and retain more talent by paying the market rate.

Following a Roadmap Not Shared

I have been working at IAC Search & Media

ProsGreat smart people. Real team environment. Often, initiatives are well-funded. Mostly forward-looking Internet company involved in nearly all interesting areas: dating, search, shopping, exclusive content, transactions, lead gen.

ConsThe top management is following a roadmap not shared with the street-level workers. As a result, seismic shifts occur involving shedding of companies, moving of divisions or large pockets of employees disappearing without much notice. To say the least, this can be very de-motivating.

Advice to Senior ManagementDecide whether or not you are a holding company trying for profits or an Internet company searching for synergy. Then let the staff managers know how you're going to achieve that goal.

Senior Software Engineer

Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee)

I worked at IAC Search & Media full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGreat job, very dynamic and multicultural environment. You will be working on the cutting edge of global search technologies.

ConsNo cons worth mentioning :D

If no good place to go

I have been working at IAC Search & Media

ProsAs a developer of IAC Search & Media, working hour is pretty flexible compared with other companies around. Manager is nice.

ConsThe leaders of the company are pretty lost, not sure what are targets and goals. And company is going downside.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop keeping meeting and come to real tasks to make more sense. Please pay more attention on real user experience.

It was not bad.

Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee)

I worked at IAC Search & Media

ProsThe team was very good.

ConsThe main drawback was my disappointing compensation.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone.

Worked for IAC Search & Media? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at IAC Search & Media reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for IAC Search & Media CEO Doug Leeds. All 8 reviews posted anonymously by IAC Search & Media employees.