IASIS Healthcare

Updated Jul 19, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

W. Carl Whitmer

Good co-workers, bad management!

Registered Nurse (Former Employee) Layton, UT

ProsCo-workers are great! Very friendly and helpful. It's easy to become great friends with them.

ConsThe management at Davis Hospital may come across as being your friend but don't let them fool you! They will be the first to stab you in the back when you may need them the most. If you "lay low" and don't draw attention to yourself, you should be fine.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe a little more generous! After all, it costs you more in turnover then employee loyalty.

terrible employer

Collector Pt Service Representative (Former Employee) South Jordan, UT

Prosthe co workers are awesome

Consif you like being micro managed then this is a job for you. if you like having someone on your butt all the time watching every move then this is the job for you

Advice to Senior Managementlet people work and quit jumping down throats. if you want money coming in so quickly then you get off your butt and get in and get the claim paid we can only do so much

Excellent organization.

Director (Current Employee)

ProsVery high quality, innovation-driven organization. The atmosphere is fast-paced and the management team works well together in a collaborative environment. Senior leadership is goal-oriented and focused on making the team successful. This organization holds a high degree of integrity which makes it an honor to work for IASIS.

ConsWork-life balance can be a challenge, management team members work hard and long.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I work with amazing people, but not much else is there

ProsCoworkers are awesome
    I love what I do and the patients that come through my door

ConsIt seems in every area of the hospital, employees are regularly given more and more to do and are never compensated.
    If I listed every duty I was hired to do, single spaced, the list would take up half a page. If I listed everything I currently do, it would take up two full pages. Have I ever had a raise? Nope
    My coworkers and I have been groomed for various other roles/promotions that have never transpired.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou have great, educated, loyal people working here. Stop working them to death without without compensation! Don't make bad decisions because someone suggested you do it a different way and you think you're better/smarter than them. You're not

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

Great people that care for their patients at all levels of the organization.

Registered Nurse (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsThe people are very friendly.

ConsDangerous staffing at times due to nursing shortages and the limit set by management. A regular night is 8 to 10 patients with no PCA. (Women services) That can include a plastic surgery patient as well as a new born baby. There's no time for any crisis to occur, and when it does, patient response time is significantly decreased.

Advice to Senior ManagementReview staffing models with other hospitals.

Allowed a hostile work environment. Fired without reason.. had best stats in the company.

Claims Specialist (Former Employee) Franklin, TN

ProsI'd say this company is good for people who want to socialize and aren't against hearing homophobic jokes and non stop cursing and gossiping. As a Christian, it is extremely disgusting.

ConsYou are just a number here. There is no professionalism or room for growth. Most people don't last past 2 months. Don't waste your time.

Advice to Senior ManagementTo the management: SAVE money by not running people away ...It is boring and you don't feel any appreciation. Worst company I've ever worked for.

Not the best company to work for....

Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) Franklin, TN

ProsThe pay is pretty good.

ConsThe management over collections has no clue how to talk to people with respect...They don't train new employees but expect you to get from 50-80 accounts a day...Not worth the drive or money for me....

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to give the managers on the floor more training in dealing with people and also set up a training program so new workers will feel more comfortable in doing their job...

collections

ProsThe people, and alo very good hours

ConsMICRO MANAGE to the EXTREAM

Advice to Senior ManagementTrust your employees and trett us like we are adults.

No real incentive to do a good job here.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsIt's pretty easy if you enjoy heavy data entry. Otherwise the folks in charge are there to stay and there is zero room for advancement.

ConsAgain, zero room for advancement unless you're in good with the higher ups. Then they'll create new positions for you.

Advice to Senior ManagementLet your folks learn, or you're going to lose all the good ones.

Taught me a lot, so I could be paid for it elsewhere

Business Office (Former Employee) Salt Lake City, UT

ProsGood, talented, entry level employees

ConsSenior management is slightly out of touch, and there are extreme politics that get in the way of actual work.

Worked for IASIS Healthcare? Contribute to the Community!