IBC Bank Reviews

Reset
2.3
IBC Bank President & CEO Dennis E. Nixon
Dennis E. Nixon

Pros
  • Breaking into the banking industry (in 8 reviews)

• A good place to start out to gain experience then move on to a more stable employment (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Because IBC bank has a high turnover rate there is no good management (in 13 reviews)

• Focused too much on sales goals (in 12 reviews)

1. Mortgage processor

Former Employee - Bilingual Processor/Closer/Funder/Post Closing in Provo, UT
    Former Employee - Bilingual Processor/Closer/Funder/Post Closing in Provo, UT

I worked at IBC Bank (More than a year)

Pros

Great manager, great team, plenty of advancement opportunities, good hours

Cons

The pay is lower than desired

2. They expect so much, for so little pay.

Current Employee - Teller in Laredo, TX
    Current Employee - Teller in Laredo, TX

I have been working at IBC Bank (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible with school; closing hours are early (8pm)

Cons

Hourly pay is way too low; performing in oppening accounts is crucial eventhough its not commission; no raise after being 1 year

Advice to Management

Take Care of your employees

3. A nice job for a fitting person

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Houston, TX

I have been working at IBC Bank full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This job will train you and train you a lot. You will get the bare basics in training and the real-world experience will turn you into a pro in about a month, I'd say. I love staying in the bank; helping customers and creating an awesome customer service environment. Everyone is always so helpful and friendly!

Cons

You can turn into a pro in a month, if you last that long. This job will have you soliciting in all sorts of places you're not supposed to (big stores like Ross, and small independent ones). You eventually get kicked out and go right into another store, sneaking through stores and hoping to get another account. This job is not for everyone, but many who leave end up coming back.

Advice to Management

The company needs to micro-manage a little. I would be a lot more dignifying if we were allowed to look for accounts in a place where we are not supposed to solicit.

5. good experience

Pros

they pay really really good

Cons

mangers aren't really that nice

Advice to Management

be nicer

Vault teller

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at IBC Bank part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company does a decent job at providing a good work environment. People tend to love this job because of the people they work with and it is stable. The job is a good starting position to have entrance into the field of finance. It opens up a door for you with a addition to a resume that other jobs can't.

Cons

The job doesn't pay very well in general, there are incentive programs, but they are difficult to achieve. The company is fine with losing employees and simply training new ones. It's training takes an incredibly long to.e and it ineffective.

Advice to Management

Don't underpay employees and expect anything more than what you pay for. The training is so long the turn over rate has been superseding the output.

7. Great Co-workers..Horible Company

Former Employee - Branch Sales Associate in Tulsa, OK
    Former Employee - Branch Sales Associate in Tulsa, OK

I worked at IBC Bank full-time (More than a year)

Pros

My manager was great which is more than I can say for most of the others GREAT training program and AMAZING instructors

Cons

Very Manipulative upper management They tend to hire young people who have never worked before and don't realize how horrible the management is There is so much drama its ridiculous. And the majority of it is caused by the upper management of whom most of them are in the 40s-50s In the beginning they start you out in this great training program that I'm pretty for sure is meant to brainwash you into thinking that you're actually working for a good company before you go into your actually branch and see what a shit-storm it really is. They give you a starting sales goal of 11 points which seams pretty easy but then when you start getting accounts they make up ridiculous reasons as to why certain accounts don't count towards your points and by the end of the month it's almost impossible to reach your sales goal, especially if you work in a branch with several employees who are also on trying to make their goals. I had a customer that was being wrongfully charged and when I called the back office to see what had happened they couldn't figure it out until finally they put me on the phone with the manage and she said "I don't know" and acted like that was a sufficient enough answer. I spoke with my area sales manager telling him that this was horrible customer service and wasn't acceptable in my book and he said he was so sorry and would be contacting his boss to get this resolved. I emailed him once a week until the day I quit to make sure things were being handled and he always said he was working on it...my last day at IBC (3 months after I had initially contacted him about this problem) the issue had still not been resolved!! VERY unprofessional environment!

Advice to Management

STOP ACTING LIKE 12 YEAR OLDS!!

8. Management

Current Employee - Bank Teller in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Bank Teller in Houston, TX

I have been working at IBC Bank full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They train you if you have not worked at a bank and need some experience to get another job at a different bank.

Cons

The management staff is rude and condescending to the employees and the H R department is a joke. The only thing they care about is you getting people to open accounts at all cost.

Advice to Management

Have people come in as a new hire and go through the steps so they can see how unprofessional these people treat there employees.

9. No one stays

Former Employee - Universal Teller in Bethany, OK
    Former Employee - Universal Teller in Bethany, OK

I worked at IBC Bank full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Team work, get over time and always open even on weekends.banks are located in many areas and very clean.

Cons

Working double shifts constantly, too many referrals,rude customers, get robbed at times and workers call in a lot.

Advice to Management

I don't have any advice for management at this time I know some things have changed since I worked there so night at this time.

Good for experience.. ONLY

Former Employee - Sales Associate in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in San Antonio, TX

Pros

It's good experience, most banks will hire you after you've been with IBC because its good training in all areas of banking not just your specific job

Cons

Trainers and management always talk about promotion but no matter how much you do all that matters is sales. This place is truly a joke, I would never reccomened the bank accounts not even while I was working there I felt sorry having to lie to people about how "good" our account were

Advice to Management

Be more hands on with employees, managers are always at meetings or in their office and don't know much about what is going on in the branch. I went through three managers and only one was willing to help out when not in meetings

11. area sales manager

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at IBC Bank full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

employees involved in the community through volunteer activities, local decision makers and involved in local towns and cities for lending

Cons

upper management's disregard for employees cheating and opening accounts with dishonesty, customers not always aware of multiple accounts opened for them

Advice to Management

pay more attention and don't settle for great results without inspecting how the result is achieved. listen to management teams' feedback

RSS Feed </> Embed