IBC Bank

Be The First To
Add Photos

IBC Bank President & CEO Dennis E. Nixon

Dennis E. Nixon

Pros:
  • "A good place to start out to gain experience then move on to a more stable employment"
    in 6 reviews
  • "Good place to gain experience if you want to start in the banking industry"
    in 5 reviews
Cons:
  • "Because IBC bank has a high turnover rate there is no good management"
    in 10 reviews
  • "Due to extremely low pay and high sales goals keeping knowledgeable staff is very difficult"
    in 10 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Friendly group of people to work with.

Senior Management (Current Employee)

I have been working at IBC Bank full-time for more than 8 years

ProsWill give you an oppertunity where other banks will just look the other way.

ConsManagement refused to listen to staff and their concerns, as well as considering not setting up people to fail.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your staff and actually hear what is important to them, understand they are an investment not a cost to the company. Also have trainers that are successful sales people recently, not people who were successful 10+ years ago.

The good outweighs the bad

Teller (Current Employee)

I have been working at IBC Bank full-time for less than a year

ProsLove my coworkers and my customers. Very friendly place to build a career.

ConsThe close work environment and employment changes make things stressful. Working with money itself is.

Advice to Senior ManagementMaybe provide workshops to supervisors and managers on building a team and ways to cope with change.

Great place to start but not competitive salaries.

I have been working at IBC Bank

ProsBest thing about IBC is that you get a lot of experience on different areas of the bank. Plus u get 10 paid holiday throughout the year.

ConsThe Pay & Benefits aren't good at all. The longer you are there the more you are expected to do but pay stays the same.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay employees what they deserve so they don't have to leave.

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great place to get experience.

Branch Sales Representative (Former Employee)
Tulsa, OK

I worked at IBC Bank part-time for more than a year

Proslots of opportunity for growth, great stepping stone for experience.
Strong support, there's a department to call for any question you have.

ConsSalary and co-workers. Some branches are difficult to staff, you end up working with less than exceptional people at the slower branches.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire better branch managers. Some branch managers were great, but some caused me to be embarrassed to work for the same company.

I did not enjoy upper management procedures or regulations.

Teller (Former Employee)
Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at IBC Bank full-time for less than a year

ProsWorking with the other members of your branch helps expand your knowledge of the banking world.

ConsEvery branch ran differently so when asked to float to another branch it was hard to transition.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn to teach your tellers how to approach customers about new products or services. More training is needed to better equip your tellers to upsell new accounts.

Great training, but uncompetitive pay

Universal Teller I (Former Employee)
Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at IBC Bank full-time for less than a year

ProsIBC does a great job of providing extensive and thorough training to its employees in pretty much all the areas that a bank employee would need to know about. It is a paid training that usually takes up to 2 months and some of the topics include federal guidelines and regulations surrounding the banking institutions, learning about different types of transactions, dealing with difficult customers, and handling oneself in situational circumstances.

ConsThe management pays its tellers less than $8/hour, but has massive expectations from them. Some of the managers remind tellers on a daily basis to pester existing customers into opening more accounts. Tellers are also expected to go out to local businesses and give a presentation to their employees so that they open accounts at IBC.

Advice to Senior ManagementInstead of harassing the existing customers to open more accounts, the management should pay attention to keeping them happy so that they remain loyal to IBC. The management also should look to keep its employees happy. I believe IBC has one of the largest employee turnover of any other banks. I can only imagine the amount of money they spend annually on training new employees on a regular basis.

A very shady company

Sales Associate (Former Employee)
San Antonio, TX

I worked at IBC Bank full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat place to get your foot in the door to start in the banking business with no prior experience. After you finish your extensive training process, you feel as if you have a good grasp on how banking works even if you have no prior knowledge once again.

ConsFirst of all the pay is terrible. There is the potential to make a decent salary, but you better know a lot of people and businesses that would be willing to open new accounts and products with you. Another con is that they have a sales quota that you have to hit in order to keep working there, and that is also how you make your extra dollars on top of the almost minimum wage job. The job itself is not that difficult, in fact if you work at a branch where new people are coming in all the time it might seem easier to hit your sales goals. But the standard that is at the busy location is the same goal standard at the slowest location as well. The company is based out of Laredo, Texas. All the major decisions come out of that area. However, some of the policies that they implement make since in that region, but won't where you work.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees. Get out into your other markets and listen to their concerns, then address them.

Like being a teller; didn't like company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at IBC Bank

ProsIts a good place to get experience.

ConsFocused too much on sales goals. The quality was lost.

IBC is what you make of it

Sales Associate (Current Employee)
Austin, TX

I have been working at IBC Bank full-time for less than a year

ProsLots of opportunities to advance
Friendly and very helpful colleagues in more professional level positions

ConsLow pay
Poor lower level management/supervision
Absurdly high turnover

Advice to Senior ManagementPay your front-line workers (retail) better to retain the gifted individuals you either lose to competition or to a better job within the company. Customer service is more than just an empty phrase.

ok place to start teller career

I have been working at IBC Bank part-time for less than a year

Proswas ok. Good place to start teller career.

Consstarting pay.. very low.. no opportunities for growth

Worked for IBC Bank? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at IBC Bank reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for IBC Bank CEO Dennis E. Nixon. All 70 reviews posted anonymously by IBC Bank employees.