IBC Bank Reviews

Reset
2.4
IBC Bank President & CEO Dennis E. Nixon
Dennis E. Nixon

Pros
  • Breaking into the banking industry (in 8 reviews)

• A good place to start out to gain experience then move on to a more stable employment (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Because IBC bank has a high turnover rate there is no good management (in 13 reviews)

• Focused too much on sales goals (in 12 reviews)

1. great advancement opportunities

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Laredo, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Laredo, TX

Pros

As a college student working towards a degree in Finance, I was looking for the right place to start at. My original plan was to gain the experience necessary to move on up to another company. Change of plans - I'm here to stay. The things I have learned at the bank have definitely helped me get through school. From banking terminology to legal procedures, I've had the opportunity of, not only learning, but applying these skills on a day-to-day basis. A great plus is the fact that you are given endless opportunities to advance within the company. All in all, it's a fun working environment and management will always welcome you with open arms. Got a problem? They're willing to work with you 100% and will go to great lengths to help you find a solution. All customers and employees are well taken care of.

Cons

no complaints for the last 4 years I've been employed there

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing, providing the IBC Experience and encouraging a "We Do More" attitude

2. IBC is what you make of it

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Austin, TX

I have been working at IBC Bank full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Lots of opportunities to advance Friendly and very helpful colleagues in more professional level positions

Cons

Low pay Poor lower level management/supervision Absurdly high turnover

Advice to Management

Pay your front-line workers (retail) better to retain the gifted individuals you either lose to competition or to a better job within the company. Customer service is more than just an empty phrase.

3. If only

Current Employee - Assistant Teller Supervisor (Lead Teller) in Laredo, TX
    Current Employee - Assistant Teller Supervisor (Lead Teller) in Laredo, TX

I have been working at IBC Bank full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Family feel. Great Work experience Paid holidays and vacation

Cons

Demand for referrals is high and strict. They start off minimum wage

Advice to Management

maybe if they paid more they would have less turn overs

5. Horrible management

Former Employee - Teller in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Teller in Austin, TX

I worked at IBC Bank full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Easiest job ever. Basically play on your phone for 8 hours and maybe talk to like 5 customers if you're in a location like I was. Vacation and sick time.

Cons

Terribly low pay for tellers, although they have high sales goals while also doing the work all day FOR the sales team and for the teller side, communication between management is terrible, they promise you things you will never get. When hired they promise payouts for referrals you will never receive. Management will manipulate you into thinking you're getting promoted when they actually will give it to some random person they hire because they just wanted to use you. I watched this happen to many colleagues

Advice to Management

Make your training classes match what they will learn at the branch. Get rid of all management who lies. Raise teller pay if you're gonna have high sales goals, or take the sales goals away

6. This will be a great opportunity to get into banking and learn!

Current Employee - Sales Associate in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at IBC Bank full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Extensive training on all you need to know to be a successful banker

Cons

Pay isn't to great but you can fix that by working smart

Advice to Management

weekly employee meetings and goals set out for the team to see and constant in person encouragement

7. IBC - BANK

Former Employee - Analyst in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Analyst in San Antonio, TX

Pros

TRAINING WAS GOOD. IBC SPENT MONEY AND TIME TO TRAIN. ALSO, ONE CAN MAKE GOOD FRIENDS WORKING THERE. IT USUALLY IS ONE'S FIRST REAL JOB OUT OF COLLEGE SO ONE CAN MAKE FRIENDS QUICKLY THERE WITH THE OTHER COLLEGE GRADS.

Cons

BAD SALARY. PAY IS BAD. USUALLY, ONCE ONE IS TRAINED THEY MOVE ON TO HIGHER PAYING GIGS. THIS BANK IS NOTORIOUS FOR PAYING BAD. THE MONEY THEY MAKE IS OFF THE BACKS OF THE EMPLYESS. THEIR LOAN RATES ARE USUALLY LOWER THAN OTHER BANKS AND THEIR FEES ARE LOWER. IF I WERE TO GET A LOAN I WOULD GO THROUGH THEM, BUT THE EMPLOYESS SUBSIDIZE THE "GOOD RATES" WITH THEIR LOW PAY

Advice to Management

NONE REALLY. THEY ARE QUITE CAPABLE. THE BANK IS ALWAYS PROFITABLE (REASON INDICATED ABOVE)

8. A fantastic start, with a fantastic opprotunity.

Current Employee - Teller in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Teller in Houston, TX

Pros

In the area of finances, bank jobs are almost essential. These jobs give you insight to how the world manages their money and what would the best path to invest or manage your money would be. FOR NEW EMPLOYEES: IBC does not require any bank training piror to employment but however Customer Service or Sales experience is greatly favored, which in my opinion is an excellent key factor in the company. With that in mind IBC also gives out paid training, a month long session in which all new hires, trained or not, go through to ensure that their job is preformed to the upmost satisfaction required by the banking industry. IBC AND ITS EMPLOYEES: The room for growth and expansion, both as a company and as an individual, is phenominal. The company itself is in great health as compared to other companies in the same industry. As an employee you are really thought about, if you preform your job with the most of your abilities, you will be recognized. The room for promotion is also great, the company really promotes inside promotions, and I see it happen all the time. Employees through out the company are very supportive and understanding. I can honestly say that I am not ashamed to pick up a phone and ask questions, because as stated above, everyone is very willing to help out fellow co-workers. The communication between the CEO to the employees is done quiet often and frequently, a feat at which many jobs do not even come close to. JOB HOURS: Like alot of White-Collared jobs, this one has consistant hours of operations and also traditional hours with some branches. IBC has two types of branches, your regular traditonal and your in-store branches. The in-store branches are located inside grocery stores throughout Texas, and Oklahoma, stores such as, Krogers, Randals, and HEB. The in-store branches are open 7 days a week, with the hours of 9AM-8PM Mon-Fri, Sat 9AM-5PM, Sun 12PM-5PM. The traditional branches are open Mon-Thu 9AM-5:30PM Fri 9AM-6PM and Sat 9AM-2PM. I have worked with three managers, while I can not speak with for all managers, with the three I have worked for they have all worked around my College schedule with no question. IBC thinks very highly with continueing education, and so does the supervisors and managers. IBC AND OUTSIDE LIFE: IBC makes it clear with its employees that the company understands that IBC is not their life. Working more than 40 hours is HIGHLY discouraged and is made clear with the Half pay for overtime. OVERALL OPINION: For finance people looking for a great start, or possibly a great career, then take a look at IBC. Strong company, with strong values.

Cons

The communication between managers and employees is sometimes lacking, but this is found in almost every company. The sales requirement of ALL employees makes this job competitive between employees to get their required sales per month. All employees are required to get a set amount of sales per month, and your preformance is based off your number of sales.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work, fantastic leadership exsits within the company. The only thing I could say is that I don't believe that every employee needs to be a sales person, thats why you have Sales Representatives and Sales Associates, Tellers should not have to sale.

9. selling accounts

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Austin, TX

Pros

Very flexible work schedule, and very fmaily oriented.

Cons

Pay is extremely low compared to other banks

Advice to Management

following through with promises

10. Good place to start

Current Employee - Teller in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Teller in Austin, TX

Pros

It is a good place to get experience. If you tough out the first couple of months of low pay and long hours you can move up pretty quickly.

Cons

They push you a lot to do things that are at times unreasonable

Advice to Management

none

11. IBC Bank

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Laredo, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Laredo, TX

I have been working at IBC Bank full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Learning Experience Friendly Coworkers Young Age Range

Cons

Low Pay Coworkers need to be molded Unprofessional

Advice to Management

Undercover boss.

RSS Feed </> Embed