IBI Group

IBI Group Reviews

Updated Jul 1, 2014

IBI Group Chief Executive Officer Scott Stewart

Scott Stewart

Proud of my association with the firm

ProsCompany is making positive changes. I have great benefits with a good portion paid by the employer which helps. We have a 401(k) Plan which we are encouraged to join. I feel really encouraged that the firm is on the right track for growth. I work with great people at all levels.

ConsI don't have cons to give. I feel lucky to work for this company.

Advice to Senior ManagementMentor your employees as though they're going to take your place one day.

Best experience of my life!

Intern (Current Employee)

ProsEvery one really cheers each other on. There's not any of the typical negative office politics. No one gets thrown under a bus. They help each other out and work like a team. It is a true family. They care about each other and value family. It is a fun and humorous work environment. I've worked as an intern and have been very blessed to work with the most talented designers. They are always willing to help and collaborate well with the entire office.

ConsI wish they had more work on their plate. This is such a special place that values family and that is rare in the corporate world.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhat you do is amazing. Working for a firm that values family is the most amazing aspect. I hope that as you grow your values stay the same.

Frustrating

ProsFlex work schedule. OK medical.

ConsVery unorganized. Way understaffed. Middle management nightmare.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Long way to the top

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThey have big projects and are worldwide.

ConsIt is unlikely you will ever meet upper management and they control your destiny. IBI Group does not give bonuses in good years....it all goes to stockholders which include upper management. It is hard to move up. They have many offices but the offices don't really work together in fact they compete with each other because of their business model.

Great group of people!

Southfield, MI

ProsPeople are extremely wonderful, from part time to full time, to admin to professionals
    Opportunities
    Challenges
    Software
    Goal oriented office

ConsSometimes people who are not doing their work are just left alone...instead they need to be challenged, or let go so people who want to work can work.

Ehh

New York, NY

Prosthere is a very laid back culture, which is nice... management is very supportive of taking time off when you need it.

Consthe worst part of IBI group is the micromanaging and the ineffectiveness of their problem solving ability when unexpected things pop up

Advice to Senior Managementthey should really just stop micro managing and trust that the employees they have hired are competent to do their jobs

Fun and exciting

Transportation Systems Engineer (Former Employee)
    Seattle, WA

ProsStrong organization, fast, growing, dynamic, fun. IBI Group is a great place to grow and develop. You learn a lot of skills and are exposed to a variety of projects. IBI has clients all over the world and have a diverse set of projects. There is also a supportive environment. The leaders are understanding yet very competent, experts in their field. While the salary is moderately competitive to start, one's career growth is commensurate upon qualifications and experience. There is a lot of opportunity to collaborate and lead.

ConsWorkload variable (not for everyone). Consulting isn't for everyone. If you're looking for a 9-5 job, you will not find it here. While the hours are usually regular, the work is project based. You could be very busy one week, and relaxed another.

Advice to Senior ManagementClear direction for career growth and accountability for employee's career growth.

IBI Group: fast-growing, busy, dysfunctional.

Transportation Planner (Former Employee)
    Seattle, WA

ProsIBI Group is a fast-growing company with numerous opportunities for qualified engineers, architects, and planners. It would be a good place for a recent college graduate to build his or her resume quickly. There is an entertaining tradition of sharing wine in the conference room after work on Fridays.

ConsAlthough I joined IBI Group as an experienced transportation planner, most of my assignments were intern-level work. I found that I often received conflicting assignments from different supervisors, who did not communicate or coordinate effectively with one another. On multiple occasions, verbal promises made by my supervisors were ultimately not kept. When my expertise in a particular subject area exceeded that of my supervisors, I found that my input was nevertheless not taken seriously, and that polite attempts to correct important technical errors were taken as challenges. It seems that those who are most successful in IBI group are very highly ego-driven, and that communication in general tends to be very poor.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire more interns. Treat your professional staff like professionals. Train the staff and partners in nonviolent communication. Add a transit pass benefit to your standard employee benefits package.

Overall good experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsReasonably flexible working hours, nice atmosphere and people.

ConsToo little mentoring and/or training.

Good company with good co-workers

Graphic Designer (Former Employee)
    Vancouver, BC (Canada)

ProsCo-workers were great and easy to get along with, group camaraderie is easy to feel. Nice office and good location downtown. Company values its employees.

ConsTimelines can be stressful, as well as the last minute changes to finalized projects. Creative leash dependent on how well you connect with upper management.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe reasonable regarding how much work you can take on, listen to your employees regarding work capacity.

Worked for IBI Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at IBI Group reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for IBI Group CEO Scott Stewart. All 35 reviews posted anonymously by IBI Group employees.