IBM

IBM Reviews in Atlanta, GA

Updated Jun 26, 2014

IBM CEO Virginia Rometty

Virginia Rometty

Pros
  • Most managers are pretty flexible if you want to work from home a couple days a week (in 1228 reviews)

• There are no unrealistic expectations causing work-life balance to be messed up (in 1189 reviews)

Cons
  • Though the company espouses work life balance there is no getting away from work (in 373 reviews)

• Senior Management thinks that too many metrics are replacement for good management (in 202 reviews)

More Highlights
225 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great company to learn and grow your skills.

Sales Representative (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsYou will work with a lot of smart, talented and hard working employees. A lot of opportunities to learn and grow your skills, especially for new college graduates.

ConsCompensation is not competitive compared to other companies.

Best Start at Big Blue

Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsThe opportunity to work with some of the brightest minds in the industry
    Extremely wide choice of opportunities
    High level of investment in learning and skills improvement

ConsSome project teams could be too large such that Leadership may be out of touch with realities at working team level ... and be only concerned with customer relationship and contract extensions

Excellent company to work for.

Sales Operations Manager (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsAbility to gain amazing experience and work in a variety of rolls. The people within the company are also exceptional to work for and with. They are always willing to share their experience and insight to help you improve in your job.

ConsLosing experienced workforce due to layoffs.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhat is the cost when you lose experienced workers? Usually companies tend to repeat their previous mistakes because no one with a history within the company is around to advise them. Also how long does it take to get some fully immersed into your company enough to be an asset?

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Place to work

Client Manager (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsWork/Life Balance, Salary, Respect as an Employee

ConsIBM seems to have a number of clingers, who don't realize that they should retire or find a new job because they're very ineffective.

Enlightening. You learn something new everyday!

Recruiting Program Manager (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsInnovative organization. They are extremely driven and know how to motivate people to perform.

ConsCan be bureaucratic sometimes as are many large organizations

IBM, an awesome company to work for !!! tc.

Account Support Representative (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsSalary, benefits, career development, management, team spirit, family values oriented, etc.

ConsHonestly can't think of any. I know a lot has changed since I was laif off in 2005, but I still believe IBM is one of the greatest, & one of the most admired U.S. companies of all-time.

Advice to Senior ManagementAlways keep your employees happy & they'll aways work hard for you, which in turn makes you look good to your bosses.

Wonderful Company

Program Manager (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsBest people in the world!

ConsHard to steer a ship so large!

Advice to Senior ManagementSpin off a few divisions?

Software Sales

Software Sales (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsGreat company with tremendous people and resources. Benefits and compensation packages are very strong. Extensive job options allow for upward mobility. Strong in the local community.

ConsLarge and slow at times. Many of the tools and databases are outdated, ironic for the world's premier information technology corporation. Workload expectations can be high.

It is good for management level

Project Manager (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsWork/Life balance is good. Work from home is an option not for all the projects.

ConsSalary/Compensation is not as per the market standards. For the same profile you can get paid more in marketplace.

Great teammates get you through big company challenges.

Senior Marketing Manager (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

Pros"Can do" attitude of teaming. If you desire to work for a large corporation, learn formal processes (sometimes more than you like) and frameworks you can take wherever your career path takes you, IBM will definitely give you this structure. It is impressive how big the company is and yet how focused it is in recent years on growth and innovation. They invest lots into R&D and thought leadership.

ConsMaybe not the highest salaries. If you do not want structure, look elsewhere.

Worked for IBM? Contribute to the Community!