IBM ISSC

IBM ISSC Reviews

Updated Apr 14, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Great Company to work for.

Notes Administrative/Web Developer (Former Employee)
Dallas, TX

I worked at IBM ISSC full-time for more than 8 years

ProsI had a lot of lead way to be creative in my position. The managers that I worked for were very supportive and were great leaders. IBM has a fast paced working environment, which is great. All of the teams that I worked with were very co-opportive and friendly as we were all working towards the same goal.

ConsThey had too many layoffs. Upper management needs to find a different way to trim the budget.

Advice to Senior ManagementPeople making layoff decisions should be more aware of the work done by those employees.

not a good company to work for

Software Engineer (Current Employee)
Poughkeepsie, NY

I have been working at IBM ISSC full-time for more than 10 years

Prosflexible schedules, ok benifits but gets cut every year

Conslow pay, low morale, constantly lay off people and cutting benefits

Advice to Senior ManagementShow some real appeciation and care to your employees, not just care about the stock price.

Mr.

IT Specialist (Current Employee)
Atlanta, GA

I have been working at IBM ISSC as a contractor for more than 3 years

ProsBecause it help enhance your knowledge in IT industry

ConsSome of the downsides of Wkl

Advice to Senior ManagementSome advise from the management has been useful when executed

ibm salaries

I have been working at IBM ISSC

Prosgood work enviromental, good benefits, flexibility

Consless salary in IBM Spain, the company reduce more the entry salary for new employees from 2013

IBM was a great company to work for.

Project Manager (Former Employee)
Chicago, IL

I worked at IBM ISSC full-time for more than 10 years

ProsIBM had a good compensation and benefits package and they wanted their employees to have a good work environment by providing ergonomic chairs, efficient work space and lighting.

ConsLike with a lot of companies, there are managers that are not use to minorities and it shows in their interactions with them.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagers need more diversity training especially when they were raised in a community that was not diversity inclusive.

Looks good in the cv

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at IBM ISSC

ProsGood opportunities within the company,flexible (work from home and part time opportunity)

ConsThe job is too process based,not very complicated..no bonus or salary raise..

Advice to Senior ManagementNo

Started to like this place only after 3years

Senior Consultant (Current Employee)

I have been working at IBM ISSC full-time for more than 5 years

ProsHelpful culture, different kind of consulting focus on volume and big sized. Different styles type of leadership. Executives from china, India, America, Europe, Malaysia with many different ideas and help us to be global. Managers are 95% Chinese. Good place for learning.

ConsHigh UT, different treatment compared to IBM china.

Advice to Senior ManagementBig bosses are almost all in shanghai need to come to see team on client site or Shenzhen, chengdu, Nanjing, Wuhan etc....

Declining standards and overcomplicated regulations

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at IBM ISSC

ProsLots of opportunities, just need to be lucky

ConsIt is very difficult to reach the goals and be carefull to have a reliable manager, otherwise start to look for another job...

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement is low qualified and not taking care of the teams they supervise, shoulc have a platform to report their ignorance and unacceptable behaviers.

very good work life balance, strong relationship with Japan, not really IBM

Senior Consultant (Former Employee)
Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

I worked at IBM ISSC full-time for less than a year

ProsVery good work life balance. If you want to work on projects connecting with Japan, it is the place to go.

ConsVery high turnover ratio. People just leave. Compared with IBM itself the salary is a little bit low.

Advice to Senior ManagementIncrease the incentive. Break the wall between itself and IBM.

If you would like to melt in a company and be a needle in a hew stack, this is the place to work at.

I have been working at IBM ISSC

ProsMaternity leave does not mean you will loose your job. You will not loose your job, if you are a middle performer either.

ConsNot a place for creativity and motivation. A strong personality will never grow big. Management makes sure, only management alike characters get promoted.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe less stroppy because of your career and take more care of the people who are working for you. Shutting people up is not a moral option.

Worked for IBM ISSC? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at IBM ISSC reviews and ratings. All 34 reviews posted anonymously by IBM ISSC employees.