IBM Indonesia Reviews

Reset
3.5
CEO

1. Leader in Sales/Marketing

Former Employee - Indepedent Consultant in Jakarta (Indonesia)
    Former Employee - Indepedent Consultant in Jakarta (Indonesia)

I worked at IBM Indonesia full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I can learn the best practice in managing (people and jobs) and I can decided my future/career

Cons

everything is there, I'd just do and perform

Advice to Management

encourage people to innovate their jobs versus goals, manage their own jobs satisfaction and improve the processes

2. Big worldwide company, good culture!

I have been working at IBM Indonesia full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You will find cutting-edge technologies here, professional local and foreign people. Stable worldwide company. You will get a lot of training either self online training or class training. Flexible working hours.

Cons

As a big company, there is no dynamic changes, you have follow all company policy, bureaucracy. If you are people who expecting a significant salary increase every year, don't work in this company.

Advice to Management

You have to give employee appreciation especially on salary review each year. Do a salary review on the market, if you don't want your employee escape to seek better offering.

3. Great

Current Intern - Intern in Jakarta (Indonesia)
    Current Intern - Intern in Jakarta (Indonesia)

I have been working at IBM Indonesia as an intern

Pros

Great guidance to finish the project, very friendly mentor, and I have the time to learn first how to use their tools before actually getting started with the project.

Cons

No compensation as an intern, the term is quite long as they demanded a 3 months internship period, yet it's perfectly fine due to its alignment with my college holiday schedule

Advice to Management

Keep on improving and be more open about the internship opportunity by having a campus recruiting or publishing it via IBM website

5. Good Company

Pros

Good Company to work with

Cons

Cant think of any becoz it is a good company

6. Good for work life balance, but very profit minded just like any US corporate

Former Employee - Sales Executive in Jakarta (Indonesia)
    Former Employee - Sales Executive in Jakarta (Indonesia)

I worked at IBM Indonesia full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Good work life balance - Flexible working time - Good reimbursement system - Low bureaucratic tendencies in country - Consider employee as an asset - Good e-learning modules - There is a sets of career paths, but you can also change role easily by internal hiring If you are proactive person, and have self learning attitude, IBM is really match for you.

Cons

- Very US corporate -> capitalism - Profit oriented - Budget cutting for 2015 goals - Conservative - Very huge company (longer chain of command) - Lotus Notes - Passive HR - Depends on synthetic growth (like MA, IBM kept selling their unprofitable LOB and acquire new companies) Sometimes you feel like you don't have a say, even though IBM Indonesia is very open to your suggestions, but the chain of command is really long, so the status quo is often maintained.

Advice to Management

- Keep investing in employees, don't cut the training budgets. - Try to think local, don't say yes to every regional's demands.

7. Nice workplace, great environment flexible work hours

I have been working at IBM Indonesia full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Love the environment. Colleagues are so friendly, no barrier between us and higher positions. Really open work space. Flexible working hours. Salary is fine. So many chances to get Training for certifications, such as networking, or project management.

Cons

Sometimes flexible working hours means that you have to be available to work any time, 24x7. Wherever, whenever. As an engineer, it is my daily routine to get a call from customer in the middle of night or at 2AM in the morning

8. not good

Pros

The people some of them are friendly

Cons

Stressful, very-very low salary, no bonuses, always makes you working overtime

Advice to Management

nothing, too much to be fixed

9. Great

Current Employee - Sales Specialist in Jakarta (Indonesia)
    Current Employee - Sales Specialist in Jakarta (Indonesia)

I have been working at IBM Indonesia full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very friendly atmosphere here in Indonesia (although it's not that friendly when we work with overseas branch). The company culture is fun, and people are so kind.

Cons

Too bureaucratic, as for any big business. And the industry's condition is not so good now, you may face big challenges as a sales specialist.

10. My first company to work

Current Employee - IT Specialist in Jakarta (Indonesia)

I have been working at IBM Indonesia full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Very good for a start, very broad chances to learn and gather knowledge as well as understanding company processes and procedures, very friendly mentor, team mate, and managerial level, support diversity

Cons

driven by regional, worse benefit compared to other IT company, engineer always be the victim in a critical situation

11. Good Culture & Work environment

Current Employee - Solution Manager in Jakarta (Indonesia)
    Current Employee - Solution Manager in Jakarta (Indonesia)

I have been working at IBM Indonesia full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good place to develop skills and experiences

Cons

Productivities measured by clocking into a system, utilization treated like working machines.

Advice to Management

Systematicly measured utilization, un-recorded work should have been considered too.

RSS Feed </> Embed